Covid 60 extension, IO Chaeng Watthana asking for flight ticket

34 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Why did you quote me 8,500bt this time then?

more difficult times maybe now ....., so more money advantage possibility's ????..... hence example because I.O.demands for flight ticket's ? ????

Edited by david555

37 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Why did you quote me 8,500bt this time then?

All agents have a direct communication exchange. Be that Line, Messenger or whatever.

Find yourself an agent via Google.

Not difficult. Alternatively you can engage via PM. AseanNow forum not required.

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, may11 said:

Today at CW, second time for applying covid visa ext. , IO asked for flight ticket.

My friend explained with good reason but they insisted.

Not a booking, IO asked paid ticket.

Finally they accepted with a ticket dated in Dec. Visa is exteneded for next 60days from today.

IO noted the ticket date carefully and kept signed copy.

Bonus: 90day report is done.

Seems situation became absurd now, I thought only CW asking for us foreigners already had many covid-extension, but if IO even asking you only second time applying... It's alarming. 

Definitely some 'policy' trending here... again rumors heard from someone nobody are, this area(B. K) resentful foreigner could stay on cheap extension(even though there are actual reasons), and official 1900 too cheap, no pocket change.

And many agents sending to other provs. for much higher price(and nulify our B. K. TM.30????), and other X.X. get many pocket changes because policy. Thus, someone nobody sus there're resentfulness for the covid-extension policy, specifically in this area. 

Edited by Coremouse

Maybe IOs are asking for a flight ticket to people who arrived after they started issuing covid extension?  So people who arrived during the pandemic.

Maybe in their logic and reasoning, those people are not entitled to this extension?

Because I remember reading a few posts about people who arrived pre-covid, and they all received another extension with no question asked.

The reason why return tickets are asked less at MTT maybe because, it is more likely that people who entered Thailand via visa exemption may have been real tourists that arrived pre-covid.  Because I don't think many people arrived via visa exemption since the covid outbreak.

And maybe people going to other immigration offices in other provinces are not really being asked for a return ticket is because people there are more likely to have entered Thailand pre-covid, because due to domestic travel restrictions, people who entered Thailand during covid, wouldn't have had much of chance to relocate to other provinces. And if they have, after ease of travel restrictions, maybe they haven't spent much time in Thailand to apply for an extension yet, because they are fairly new to the country. Or not enough yet to raise red alarm or just not enough time yet.

And the reason people  applying at CW are asked for return ticket more often is because, people that arrived during covid are more likely to have entered the country with a tourist visa. 

What do you guys think?

Edited by lolalol
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, lolalol said:

What do you guys think?

You raise some reasonable thoughts.

Personally I have zero idea of why current nonsense is occuring at CW. 

Along with grief stories there are reports of success at both CW and MTT..... So who knows. 

It's very upsetting for folk applying for covid extension based on Gazette rules to be stuffed around by CW numnuts.

• Like 1

is it not by Friday the decision must be made by Th. Gov. about what they go do with current covid ext. system  or a so called amnesty ? As usual by a cabinet meeting .

That could clear up many questions 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

@lolalolis right. I've been in Thailand since march 2020 and have gotten all covid extensions without any problems. Seen a couple others who came in January and February 2020 having no issues as well. Went to CW immigration today and they said nothing about flights, sadly, I have to return tomorrow because I was missing the lease agreement(for TM30) from my landlord so I cannot really say yet if I'll be asked, but so far nothing..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, seff55 said:

@lolalolis right. I've been in Thailand since march 2020 and have gotten all covid extensions without any problems. Seen a couple others who came in January and February 2020 having no issues as well. Went to CW immigration today and they said nothing about flights, sadly, I have to return tomorrow because I was missing the lease agreement(for TM30) from my landlord so I cannot really say yet if I'll be asked, but so far nothing..

Thanks for your input.  Please let us know after you comeback tomorrow!

Edited by lolalol
  • Like 1

I was on non-B and for this time stayed here since 2019, because job cancelled had to apply covid-extension 5 times, and they straight refused 6th.

They're asking me for embassy support letter, which embassy stopped issuing since last amnesty, not even flight ticket. 

Edited by Coremouse
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, david555 said:

is it not by Friday the decision must be made by Th. Gov. about what they go do with current covid ext. system  or a so called amnesty ? As usual by a cabinet meeting .

That could clear up many questions 

So wrong yet again.

Decisions relating to amnesty and things such as covid extensions have proven track record of being announced AFTER deadlines.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So wrong yet again.

Decisions relating to amnesty and things such as covid extensions have proven track record of being announced AFTER deadlines.

It's like playing Russian roulette for us

• Like 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

So wrong yet again.

Oh thank you master to give the correct info ????...so the usual Friday Gov.meeting has nothing to do with it .....so the 26 nov. deadline go solve itself ?..... or is that also a non existing thing ...... sure you can give me once more the correct info ....

21 minutes ago, david555 said:

Oh thank you master to give the correct info ????...so the usual Friday Gov.meeting has nothing to do with it

Pretty much. Having laws into  gazette has never been subject to any deadlines. As previously demonstrated. 

Again in any event bit irrelevant.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Coremouse said:

I was on non-B and for this time stayed here since 2019, because job cancelled had to apply covid-extension 5 times, and they straight refused 6th.

They're asking me for embassy support letter, which embassy stopped issuing since last amnesty, not even flight ticket. 

I was asked for a letter the two times I did it in Hua Hin and had to print out an email from the embassy saying that letters are no longer issued.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chrischronic said:

I was asked for a letter the two times I did it in Hua Hin and had to print out an email from the embassy saying that letters are no longer issued.  

Did you try and present the affidavit form?  

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 6:46 PM, Coremouse said:

Same here, straight denied for extension. Today I went to Chaeng Wattana, with complete documents(affadavit, STM2, TM7, TM30&90 days receipts, copie all passport pages, just as I successfully applied 3 times before).

The immigration officer asking why I didn't return home country China, I stated for me have no Chinese health code, not vaxed yet, I'll be denied boarding any plane and can't resolve this before expire date. And most importantly China's been very strict control recently and can't get a plane ticket, whether it's Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen etc... I could only find 2 tickets for Shanghai, and price equal to 185000 baht per ticket... 

I told officer I think I'm being very reasonable getting 1 more extension, ( I'm expelled from my family since I took TS surgery... and really no reason to go back, I setup my home and DIY shop here, also has a dearest indoor cat, chipped but not neutered, would be headache if left her alone for more than 2 weeks ) I have valid Elite PE-Visa to July 2022, it's just because this silly situation I can't do a visa-run to any destination, this makes PE-Visa absolute waste of money since can't convert back inside Thailand. Immigration officer said could only extend if have embassy-support letter, which I think many embassies already stopped issuing for a while, even though negative travel advice. 

I guess it's pretty obvious covid-extension isn't as reliable now, and may come to end for many? I'm trying contact embassy or asking agent now, and agent says from recently it's very difficult if applicant go to apply by self, without help of (higher price) agent... 

did u ever consider that your 3 previous extensions might come off as a person wantting to stay permanently on cheap visas 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

did u ever consider that your 3 previous extensions might come off as a person wantting to stay permanently on cheap visas 

And yet, Coremouse has a valid Elite visa, nothing cheap about it. Just can't have it converted back inside the country for silly reasons.

Edited by BKKTRAVELER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I did not  because they insisted on it and told me an email printout reply from embassy is all they need. Was easy to get and print the email as my embassy does auto generated response that mention not issuing covid 19 letters. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lolalol said:

Thanks for your input.  Please let us know after you comeback tomorrow!

Got 60 days today, literally no issues whatsoever... everyone else seemed to have no issues either. ???? Online fud?

IO also said to me "Don't lose your house registration receipt, you'll need it next time." looks like I'll be here until March lol.

Edited by seff55
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, seff55 said:

Got 60 days today, literally no issues whatsoever... everyone else seemed to have no issues either. ???? Online fud?

Which immigration office? 

Can you outline what you provided. Ta

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, seff55 said:

@DrJack54 The new office in Nonthaburi. I visited CW but they sent me there. ???? (Bangkok)

Hells Bells....

First up great you obtained your covid extension. 

There is report (think this thread) where someone at same office had grief. Obtained extension but not without hassle.

Your prob aware that office has bad reputation.

Excellent. Glad you have peace of mind.

Given under consideration stamp? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, seff55 said:

The new office in Nonthaburi. I visited CW but they sent me there. ???? (Bangkok)

Thanks for the update! 

But why did they send you to Nonthaburi? 

Did they send other applicants to Nonthaburi as well?

Edited by lolalol

2 minutes ago, lolalol said:

Thanks for the update! 

But why did they send you to Nonthaburi? 

Did they send other applicants to Nonthaburi as well?

Not sure but I believe everyone is being sent there for covid/tourist extensions. I was one of about 10 others waiting for their passport to returned.

1 minute ago, seff55 said:

Not sure but I believe everyone is being sent there for covid/tourist extensions. I was one of about 10 others waiting for their passport to returned.

4 minutes ago, seff55 said:

So, do you recommend me to go to Nonthaburi instead of CW? Or do I have to go to CW then to Nonthaburi?

7 minutes ago, seff55 said:

Don't think so. Did you have a TM30.

If you live  Nonthanburi you would be sent there.

If you deal with Bangkok imm and entered visa exempt you would attend MTT.

Entered tourist visa or have non O you would attend CW

Edited by DrJack54