Back to UK for health treatment..

Worldplus

Last December I caught TB... I was shocked and after 12 mths I'm on 18 tabs a day and feeling <deleted>...

My blood sugar too is up and down and taking meds for that.. I've lost 18kgs this year...I'm 63.. 

I'm thinking of going back to UK for proper treatment..

What's the implications for leaving Thailand and say 2 or 3ths coming back...I've had 2 covid jabs and got a certificate..

TIA

8 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Correct.  For an A&E emergency.  Hardly applicable in this case.

They may decide that someone of no fixed abode wandering the streets with TB is an emergency though…

OP, you sound unhappy with your treatment so far for TB in Thailand…? Have you tried a different Dr/hospital ?

25 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

What a load of tosh. Fly into the UK, UK citizen or not, and go to your nearest hospital emergency department and you will be treated free of charge. Them's the rules.

Agreed, a while ago a lot of NHS staff including Doctors were saying they wouldn't enforce charges on health tourists to the UK because they didn't think it was right!  :crazy:

Edited by Chris.B

9 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

They may decide that someone of no fixed abode wandering the streets with TB is an emergency

Once again. You do not have to have a fixed abode to receive free treatment on the UK NHS. Just being in the UK qualifies you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Once again. You do not have to have a fixed abode to receive free treatment on the UK NHS. Just being in the UK qualifies you.

????

once again… I made no claim that a fixed address was required.

Its an infectious disease being the pertinent point.