Back to UK for health treatment..

Worldplus

3 hours ago, freedomnow said:

I did nothing like that and had access immediately on arrival.

Honestly half the members on this site - its like a reality tunnel they live in. Glad they are not my neighbours.

"half?" really?     no reality,nothing,just like commenting on stuff that bears no comprehension to the actual real world...beam me up Scotty

On 11/21/2021 at 7:06 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

What a load of tosh. Fly into the UK, UK citizen or not, and go to your nearest hospital emergency department and you will be treated free of charge. Them's the rules.

Do you have personal experience? Or do you just recommend what you think will work?

Yes I do,many times over...and you?  go on say it     lol

I've just received an appointment for vaccinations for TB, shingles and dengue fever at my local government hospital here in Thailand. This is apparently part of the health service I am entitled to in Thailand through my work here.

As I advised in my opening post on this topic, it would make more sense for the OP to contact his local government hospital in Thailand. The cost of flying round the world for treatment would be far greater than treatment in Thailand, and the risk to himself and fellow passengers in flying would also be significant, assuming he isn't pulled off the plane for trying to fly with TB.

Over and out from me on this one chaps and chapettes.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Treatment for TB and Latent TB Infection (LTBI) in the UK is free for everyone, regardless of immigration status and irrespective of eligibility for other NHS care.

It is classed as an emergency upon confirming the TB and is treated as an emergency as per WHO recommendations..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Phulublub said:

So he committed fraud.  And you seem proud of him.

PH

Lot of people are happy to commit fraud especially if it is against an insurer, banks or the government. Seems to be a badge of honor for some kinds of people. 

Their way of getting back at the man, but at the same time keep complaining about the same institutes. 

(not  saying that this is the case with the post you refer too but i see it often on this forum)

3 hours ago, blackprince said:

That's interesting.

But specifically about the OP's situation:

1, He is not "ordinarily resident" in the UK.

2. And his condition is not an emergency (we know that because he's posting here, not sitting in A&E, and he's considering traveling around the world for treatment).

Therefore he is not entitled to free NHS treatment.

I've previously outlined the 4 options he has.

I've also outlined the risks to him and others by travelling with TB (even more so during this pandemic) 2 or 3 times now.

..and its all a load of rubbish

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

It is classed as an emergency upon confirming the TB and is treated as an emergency as per WHO recommendations..

it is NOT classed as an emergency.

An emergency is an emergency, TB is not.

Free treatment is because of its public health importance.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The NHS website which you linked also says this:-

"Treatment for tuberculosis (TB) usually involves taking antibiotics for several months.

While TB is a serious condition that can be fatal if left untreated, deaths are rare if treatment is completed.

Most people do not need to be admitted to hospital during treatment. "(my italics)

NHS treatment of any sort by a GP or at A&E is free to all, it is only if you are admitted as an in-patient that the question of payment by non- UK residents arises. Therefore it seems very unlikely that the OP would be required to pay, both because it's TB, and because he might not need in-patient treatment.

Having said that, the cost of air travel and possibly other UK expenses would pay for a lot of antibiotics in Thailand, get treated at a good hsopital.

If you fly to UK and rock up to A&E they will examine you and patch up any immediate damage. If it's some chronic complaint they will tell you to go to your GP who will refer you to a consultant for ongoing treatment. A neighbour had a knee problem and went back to England and A&E. "Go and see your GP", they said. "Haven't got one" he said, and came back to Thailand. There are many of us who are no longer registered with a GP in the UK, and by all accounts, getting to see one these days isn't easy.

On 11/21/2021 at 6:22 PM, Upnotover said:

If you can demonstrate that you have returned permanently then you are covered.  See below from the NHS;

Prove you are eligible for free healthcare

The first time you have treatment anywhere in the NHS you will need to bring proof that you are eligible for free healthcare. You should bring at least two of the following documents:

Residence in the UK

• Proof of your purchase of property or a tenancy agreement
  • Recent utility or council tax bill payment
  • UK bank account showing recent UK activity

Employment status

• Payslip or letter from employer
  • Bank statement
  • Unique tax reference number
  • Documentation from your local job centre to show that you are receiving job-seekers allowance

You can also use documents that prove you no longer live abroad. For example, paperwork to show that you have:

• sold or rented your house in your previous country of residence
  • terminated employment or studies in your previous country of residence
  • shipped goods or transferred assets to the UK
  • ended insurance policies and utility contracts

They don’t even ask for all that register with your local doctor / health centre I presume you look British and talk British they don’t even bother collecting monies from Health tourists that’s how bad it is how do I know I used to work for the NHS just give the receptionist a nice smile and a wink and if you are polite and non argumentative your half way there 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Treatment or tablets ? I have a condition that I fly back for every 9 months get free health check and then get 9 months of tablets and fly back as the flight is less than the tablets. The consultants and pharmacist say this condition is protected under NHS law and is not affected by living in Thailand.

Codswallop! The NHS will give 2-3 months supply of medicine at a time, no more. A condition protected by NHS law? ???? The mind boggles! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Lot of people are happy to commit fraud especially if it is against an insurer, banks or the government. Seems to be a badge of honor for some kinds of people. 

Their way of getting back at the man, but at the same time keep complaining about the same institutes. 

(not  saying that this is the case with the post you refer too but i see it often on this forum)

And let’s not forget a lot of these Fraudsters are your local MP who you voted for in the general elections or local council elections they all want a piece of the pie

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

And let’s not forget a lot of these Fraudsters are your local MP who you voted for in the general elections or local council elections they all want a piece of the pie

As i said some people think its ok to defraud and find all kinds of justifications for it. Many of us don't.