Problem w Online 90 Days Reporting after Renewing Permission of Stay

Hello,

My next 90 days reporting is due on the 26th this month. I've been trying since last week to do the reporting online, but I just get the "Please contact your local immigration for details.." popup at the first page. I've been doing online 90 days reporting successfully in the past, i.e. my last few notifications were done online.

I did renew my permission to stay last month, so I'm wondering if they reset my 90 days reporting? I did not get a new receipt of notification though. Is it common they'd reset the 90 days notification when applying for extension of permission of stay?

Is there any way to check if this is the case?

Otherwise I'll have to make a trip to MTT.

Thanks,

Jake

Extension does not reset 90 day report.

You have been sent to the naughty room now and in future you will need to do via mail or in person.

The up coming one will need to be done in person. MTT.

Mentioning your issue to the io will be waste of time. 

Mail requirements attached.

Screenshot_20210527-154145.png

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

On 11/22/2021 at 10:04 AM, DrJack54 said:

Extension does not reset 90 day report.

You have been sent to the naughty room now and in future you will need to do via mail or in person.

The up coming one will need to be done in person. MTT.

Mentioning your issue to the io will be waste of time. 

Mail requirements attached.

Thanks, yeah I guess it's too late for mail in this time, but I'll do it next time if the Online reporting isn't working again, it's a lot better option than spending half a day on doing the notification in person.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2021 at 10:23 AM, mtls2005 said:

I'm guessing you went to Chaeng Watthana?

Did they not suggest that you file a 90-day report, there on the spot at CW, albeit ahead of your next report date window?

Yes I did go to CW for the extension, they didn't mention 90 days reporting at all. I guess you had more luck.

On 11/22/2021 at 10:23 AM, ubonjoe said:

Many people are having problems with doing their 90 day after apply for a new extension at some offices. On the mobile app it shows them as being on a overstay.

Thanks, at least it's good to know that it's a common issue. I'll go there in person this time.

Do you know if there is a way to book an appointment at MTT?

The link I've used previously (http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking) seems to be dead now, even it's still the one they use in the QR code on the immigration website.

1 minute ago, RafPinto said:

Chaeng Wattana

Umm, I would be little concerned.

I posted my report to CW on Oct 15 and receipt back on Nov 15.

So bit over 4 weeks.

Few months back many reports of about a 6 week turnaround. 

You still have your EMS tracking record for posting to them? 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Umm, I would be little concerned.

I posted my report to CW on Oct 15 and receipt back on Nov 15.

So bit over 4 weeks.

Few months back many reports of about a 6 week turnaround. 

You still have your EMS tracking record for posting to them? 

Yes. Tracking checked and they received it 2 days later.

7 weeks later, nothing back.

14 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Yes. Tracking checked and they received it 2 days later.

7 weeks later, nothing back.

Give it another week.

On an aside I've often wondered what I would do if I  didnt  receive the return mail.

MTT isn't easy for me.

I would wait till the following one would be due and go in person.

Along with my EMS tracking.

If fined 2000baht guess I would just cop it on the chin.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

Just a quick report to complete this thread.

I went to MTT this morning, arriving just before 9 am with the TM47 form and everything prepared.

Not much people there, maybe around 50 total. Waiting time after getting a queue number was just about 10-15 minutes. Total time spent there was less than 20 minutes.

However depending on traffic it does take me 1+ hour to get there and the same going back, total taxi cost including expressway was probably close to 1,000 baht.

I'd like to get back to online reporting, but I guess it's not possible if I want to use reporting by mail as the documents must be sent before it's possible to do the online reporting.

Cheers,

Jake

13 minutes ago, Jake72 said:

I'd like to get back to online reporting, but I guess it's not possible if I want to use reporting by mail as the documents must be sent before it's possible to do the online reporting.

You can still try to do the online report and then send the the report by mail.

They are not that strict about them being mailed 15 days before your report date. If they get by 7 days before the report date it will still be processed. Send by EMS and it will be there the next day.

In January Thai Post will no longer be doing registered mail. I suspect that is due to most people using EMS instead of registered mail since it only costs about 19 baht more.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They are not that strict about them being mailed 15 days before your report date. If they get by 7 days before the report date it will still be processed. Send by EMS and it will be there the next day.

In January Thai Post will no longer be doing registered mail. I suspect that is due to most people using EMS instead of registered mail since it only costs about 19 baht more.

That's great advise, thanks, I'll give it a go and hope the online report goes through as they didn't mention any issues during my in person report this morning.

Cheers,

Jake

On 11/22/2021 at 10:23 AM, mtls2005 said:

They did for me, and many others as reported here and on FB, in September. Waiting to see if it "corrected the database" allowing me to report online again.

It didn't.

No love online, web or app, so mailed in.

On 11/23/2021 at 11:34 AM, Jake72 said:

Yes I did go to CW for the extension, they didn't mention 90 days reporting at all. I guess you had more luck.

If it's too early, though, they won't allow it. I have the same problem with the Nonthaburi office. 2 successful online 90day forms, then an extension, then a month later, could not do the online form with the same error msg as the OP. Out HR person did if for me, so at the next 90 day report I will try it online again. It may be that we will need to do it in person at least once a year (the first report after the extension). Some offices don't seem to have this problem. 

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

If it's too early, though, they won't allow it. I have the same problem with the Nonthaburi office. 2 successful online 90day forms, then an extension, then a month later, could not do the online form with the same error msg as the OP. Out HR person did if for me, so at the next 90 day report I will try it online again. It may be that we will need to do it in person at least once a year (the first report after the extension). Some offices don't seem to have this problem. 

I also use Nonthaburi.  Always fails at report immediately after annual extension.  Online works 3 times and once per year need to go in,  in addition to annual extension visit. When I bring it up at the office I get a grin and a 'it not working '

Edited by tonray
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, DavisH said:

If it's too early, though, they won't allow it.

In my case (ext stay/ret-inc: CW early Sep, ~ six weeks before my next 90-day report date) it was not so much allowed, as I had no intention of doing a 90-day report, rather it was prompted by Immigration staff. Many others reported a similar experience, although I have not seen reports of this in recent trip reports. Perhaps it doesn't really "correct the database"?

from my earlier report:

During my last extension of stay (Non-O/Retirement/Income) renewal at CW in early September, staff in the desk L waiting area encouraged us to fill out TM.47 forms even though our 90-day report might not be due for 45+ days. When asked, I was told this would "fix" your record allowing you to use the online systems in the future. I did so and received a new 90-day report receipt/date for early December.

I am still unable (since 2019 and a new passport, after having used the online system some eleven times previously) to file a report online or via the app.

40 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I am still unable (since 2019 and a new passport, after having used the online system some eleven times previously) to file a report online or via the app.

That is similar to other problems people in Bangkok are having. It appears to be a problem the system they are using.

I could not not do online reporting from day one of it due to a old entry and a new passport. Last year in August I dd a catch up report in person after skipping 2 of them under the Amnesty.

In October I tried online again and was able to my first report ever online and got instant approval. I have been able to do all of mine online since then except when the extranet was down in April. Was able to another one in June after the in person report and again got instant approval. Then in August I did another extension and was able to do report online in September using the app with. The popup message still showed my old stay date on it but was able to a report and again got instant approval.  After doing the report the the popup message showed my new report date which it apparently got from my new report with the new date on it. And another one done this month with instant approval.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

2x 37 baht stamp, surprised got my postal 90 day back one week after posting it, Samut Prakan

10 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

2x 37 baht stamp, surprised got my postal 90 day back one week after posting it, Samut Prakan

Nice.

CW (the address we mail to) takes me ~ 7 weeks (mail-in/receive), and they process the form on the next report date. No clue why it takes so long, maybe the batch them inbound and outbound?

Mail-in is fine, they return all the copies, so you just have to add a new TM.47 for the next one.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you sure that is not Certified Mail ending?  

15 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Are you sure that is not Certified Mail ending?  

The news article I read said registered mail.

Looked for something about it on the Thai Post website but could not find anything about it.

My preference is EMS. When I was doing mailed reports a few year ago I used EMS. Only about 19 baht more for EMS.