How early can I make booking for Non-O application in Bangkok

I will soon enter Thailand visa exempt and will apply for Non-O retirement at CW. I already have the 800,000 in bank for several years of Non-OA extensions. My visa exempt allows 30-day stay. I know I have to apply more than 15 days before visa expires. But I wonder, how early can I apply? Can I apply a day or two after arriving in Bangkok? Would like to do early and am about to make online appointment booking. Thank you for your help.

Apply anytime.

BTW don't think online bookings are currently working.

Certainly not a couple of weeks ago when I obtained annual extension.

Keep in mind that the non O retirement gives you a 90 day stamp.

I assume you also need/want to obtain 12 month extension 

Edited by DrJack54

You can apply for the extension with the 30 day entry or the 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry up to the last 15 days of your permit to stay.

Requirements for the 90 day non-o visa is here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

Not is states you need proof the 800k baht came from abroad but that will be waived if you have had the money in the bank for some time.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Apply anytime.

Certainly not a couple of weeks ago when I obtained annual extension.

Keep in mind that the non O retirement gives you a 90 day stamp.

I assume you also need/want to obtain 12 month extension 

You're right, online booking says closed for maintenance since June. I wonder if one can telephone to make a booking? 

Yes, I will want to obtain 12-month ext.

thanks.

25 minutes ago, david_je said:

I wonder if one can telephone to make a booking? 

Yes, I will want to obtain 12-month ext.

thanks

Can't phone for a booking. 

Yes your obtaining the extension later.

Where do you plan to live.

Best to obtain non O where you plan to live and obtain extension there. 

I didn't obtain my Non O in Thailand however did an extension using money in bank method couple weeks ago..

You will be familiar with requirements but could check with this report.

The additional thing you will require is proof of address. TM30. 

Edited by DrJack54

Kind of related, I've applied for my second one year extension based on marriage. I applied on 19th October, as my existing extension was dated from 23rd November 2020 and issued on 28th December 2020. I still had in my passport the notification to do my 90 day report on 22nd November, went there on the 22nd (yesterday) and was told that as I had my application lodged the 90 day report wasn't necessary. 100km journey for nothing.

When I asked about my new extension, I was told it still wasn't ready and to await a phone call. The date to report back for it stamped in my passport is 23rd December, so some nine weeks after I applied, not 30 days. Will I really have to wait until then, or can I expect a call soon. Would they not even begin to consider my application until my present permission has expired, which is now?

Edited by Bangkok Barry

11 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I still had in my passport the notification to do my 90 day report on 22nd November, went there on the 22nd (yesterday) and was told that as I had my application lodged the 90 day report wasn't necessary. 100km journey for nothing.

Some offices do that but they put a new 90 day report receipt in your passport when they do it.

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The date to report back for it stamped in my passport is 23rd December, so some nine weeks after I applied, not 30 days. Will I really have to wait until then, or can I expect a call soon. Either way, in Kalasin Province/Khon Kaen main office the approval time is way over 30 days. Twice.

Your 30 days started from the date your current extension ended. All office here in Isaan do it that way. It seems immigration division 4 for the northeast has a policy for them to do them that way. I have done 14 of them and all of my report back dates have been done the same way.

I do my extensions around 2 weeks early to avoid a 2 month wait. I don't bother checking if it is ready (wife calls them) until a few days before the report back date.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Some offices do that but they put a new 90 day report receipt in your passport when they do it.

Your 30 days started from the date your current extension ended. All office here in Isaan do it that way. It seems immigration division 4 for the northeast has a policy for them to do them that way. I have done 14 of them and all of my report back dates have been done the same way.

I do my extensions around 2 weeks early to avoid a 2 month wait. I don't bother checking if it is ready (wife calls them) until a few days before the report back date.

Thanks. I did edit the end of my post before your reply was received. From what you say, it appears that, as I wrote then, they don't even consider the application until my present one has expired, so there is little to no point in applying early.

3 minutes ago, Baricello said:

My Covid Ext.expires 22nd December, can I apply for 90day non O marriage Visa and later 12 month Extension at local IO and

do I need Financial  details  for the initial 90 day Non O.

How did you enter Thailand.

Tourist visa, visa exempt etc.

On day you apply for non O marriage you require 400k in Thai bank account.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baricello said:

Thank you kindly Jack. I initially entered on VE, and was under the the impression the first application for the 90 days Non O didn't need Finance details, same as I have done previously in Vientiane.

400,000 needed in the bank on the day you apply for the Non Imm O Visa.

Or proof of 40,000 monthy income.

1 minute ago, Baricello said:

Thank you kindly Jack. I initially entered on VE, and was under the the impression the first application for the 90 days Non O didn't need Finance details, same as I have done previously in Vientiane.

First up having entered visa exempt you can obtain your non O marriage. 

Have the 400k in your bank when you apply for the non O.

When the money has been in the bank for 2 months you can apply for your 12 month extension. 

The money is best left untouched during the under consideration period. When you have your final stamp you can use the money.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

First up having entered visa exempt you can obtain your non O marriage. 

Have the 400k in your bank when you apply for the non O.

When the money has been in the bank for 2 months you can apply for your 12 month extension. 

The money is best left untouched during the under consideration period. When you have your final stamp you can use the money.

Thank you so much!

Jumping on board this thread,.. I have a 1 year Non O spouse visa expiring 10th Dec2021. I will only have the required 400k in the bank next week. From my understanding, I need it 2 months before application of another years extension. Is this going to give me problems? I'm guessing I might be able to get a 90 day extension and then file in the spouse O yearly extension/ application before the 90 days is up. Is this how i should go about it? Any advise is appreciated.

19 minutes ago, bkkexplorer said:

Jumping on board this thread,.. I have a 1 year Non O spouse visa expiring 10th Dec2021. I will only have the required 400k in the bank next week. From my understanding, I need it 2 months before application of another years extension. Is this going to give me problems? I'm guessing I might be able to get a 90 day extension and then file in the spouse O yearly extension/ application before the 90 days is up. Is this how i should go about it? Any advise is appreciated.

You could apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife if you have not applied for since your last entry to the country. 

You could also apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

Then when the 400k baht has been in the bank for 2 months you could apply for the one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife if you have not applied for since your last entry to the country. 

You could also apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

Then when the 400k baht has been in the bank for 2 months you could apply for the one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

I applied for the 60 day extension and also the covid extension before getting my spouse 'O' last year. Both these visa's were issued in my old passport. Would I now be able to apply for another covid extension and do the renewal of the spouse O after that?

Dear Ubonjoe, As I mentioned earlier, my yearly non O spouse will expire this month and I have only just deposited the 400k. As it hasn't been in the bank for 2 months your recommendation is to either get a 60day extension based on wife or the covid extension.

A couple of questions,..

1. If i apply for a covid extension would i have to start the spouse O application all over again?

2. Is my wife required to be present for the 60day spouse extension if they allow me to apply for that?

1 hour ago, bkkexplorer said:

1. If i apply for a covid extension would i have to start the spouse O application all over again?

2. Is my wife required to be present for the 60day spouse extension if they allow me to apply for that?

1. You could for the one year extension of stay during the last 30 days of the 60 day covid 19 extension or when you have the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.

2. Your wife will have to be with you to apply for the 60 day extension to visit her.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

1. You could for the one year extension of stay during the last 30 days of the 60 day covid 19 extension or when you have the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.

2. Your wife will have to be with you to apply for the 60 day extension to visit her.

Hi Ubonjoe, What if my missus is ill and cannot go to immigration. Can I bring my kid with me?

17 minutes ago, bkkexplorer said:

Hi Ubonjoe, What if my missus is ill and cannot go to immigration. Can I bring my kid with me?

That is only required for 60 day extension to visit your wife or child. You could take you child with you and use copies of their birth certificate, house book registry and ID card if they have one. Best to have their original birth certificate with you incase immigration wants to see it. 

• Thanks 1

Went to immigration yesterday and got the covid extension. They didn't allow me to do a 60 day because as UbonJoe said, they only give that out once and IO confirmed this. It was in the system even though the issued extension was in my old passport. So now wait 2 months before I apply for a yearly 'O' extension.  All is well for now. Thank you once again Ubonjoe for your efforts. ????????

• Like 1

Ubon Joe, thanks for the clarification on the timeframe for O visa extensions by Immigration division 4 in Khon Kaen. I applied for my O visa extension in Khon Kaen this week, 45 days in advance of its expiry date, & was told it would take 10 weeks. The IO told us that it takes longer if you apply earlier, which did not seem to make much sense, but from the info provided in these exchanges it seems that O visa extensions in this region based on marriage are referred to Immig Division 4, where they are not processed until after the expiry date of the current extension, and this takes about 30 days. btw, Immigration Khon Kaen is planning to move up to the Division 4 regional office next year. 

Edited by gerrycampbell

1 hour ago, gerrycampbell said:

Ubon Joe, thanks for the clarification on the timeframe for O visa extensions by Immigration division 4 in Khon Kaen. I applied for my O visa extension in Khon Kaen this week, 45 days in advance of its expiry date, & was told it would take 10 weeks.

They start the 30 day under consideration period from the end of current extension or a permit to stay from a non-o visa entry.l All offices here in the northeast that are under division 4 do it that way for extensions based upon marriage.

I do my extensions at the most 2 weeks early due to that.

On 11/22/2021 at 1:02 PM, DrJack54 said:

New online appointment booking system (re-) launched today.

Not seeing Bangkok listed as of yet.

immappt.jpg

immapptlist.jpg

Edited by mtls2005