Covid Tales 2: 78 year old retiree recounts getting Covid in Thailand after being vaccinated

webfact

For Lizzy, It is well known that the unvaccinated are the largest percentage of very sick people in the

hospital ICUs, which means that the hospitals cannot operate on other people who need to recover

in the ICUs as well.  That is why I have no sympathy for the unvaccinated who get sick from COVID.

I guess I should have said it that way.  Most vaccinated people do not get as sick when they contract

COVID, and are able to stay home and recover from it, so do not plug up the hospitals.                                                                                                                                      I will not criticize other people who have weight issues,

or other health issues, as they all have to struggle through life.  I have seen very unhealthy people who are 

slim, over weight and all in between, the outward appearance of people do not tell the story of their health

mental or physical. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

You’ve already pointed out the relatively  high level of vaccination in Portugal.

The level of vaccination in Portugal is not relatively high, it is extremely high (98% of those elligible are vaccinated).

Now you want to infer the Portuguese continuing response says something about the unvaccinated elsewhere.

You need first to demonstrate that Portugal’s response is not simply a continuation of the nation’s existing policies.

The policies implemented by Portugal are similar to what has been done in other countries: masks, lockdowns and prohibition of gatherings to name just a few:

COVID-19 pandemic in Portugal

As elsewhere, vaccination has been widely advocated by the authorities and media as the key to returning to normal.

You have demonstrated Portugal is charting its own course through the pandemic.

I haven't. As stated above, Portugal's response has been similar to elsewhere overall, and now, with 98% of its elligible population inocculated, they are imposing a vaccine pass and new restrictions. I am citing this country as a relevant example to illustrate my point, which is that a high vaccination coverage does not guarantee the crisis will come to an end (a premise which has been hammered down ad nauseam by the authorities and media for close to a year).

Perhaps you should look at parts of the world with high vaccination refusal.

Parts of the world which are less vaccinated are blaming the unvaccinated for the continued restrictions and surges. The Portugese example serves as a demonstration that this stance is not valid.

What does the data on serious illness illnesses, hospitalizations and deaths have to say for Portugal? Refer link I provided.

Portugal has not achieved 98% vaccination, the figure is currently 86.6% have received at least one vaccination (our world data)

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/portugal-returns-covid-restrictions-high-jab-rate-81397416

Edited by Chomper Higgot

8 hours ago, Lizzy Duang said:

No. Everyone can pass the virus. But fat and diabetic "block" ICUs, too. In Germany that struggles a lot the COVID cases are still the minority in the ICU. Since when do we judge by disease or by lack of prevention?

1. Life style diseases exist as in a known and relatively fixed percentage of the population, they develop into hospitalization cases at a steady rate.

Medical services are established to handle this steady rate of a known percentage of cases.

The COVID virus creates hospitalizations (within the unvaccinated population) at an exponential rate. Thereby overwhelming hospitals which are not established to handle mass patient arrivals in short periods.

2. The cure for lifestyle diseases is complex, difficult to enact and when enacted takes years to have effect.

Almost all COVID hospitalizations can be avoided by a simple, cheap, safe and effective vaccine.

3. Nobody who is suffering lifestyle diseases is a threat to the health of medical staff or indeed anyone else.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lizzy Duang said:

1. Even in countries like Germany hospitals are NOT overwhelmed by COVID patients but by a lack of staff for the ICU units ( low salary, lack of preplanning).

2. As I said, I strongly believe that ICUs will be full of esp mRNA vaccinated people with long term effects later, like heart diseases. In my eyes you just think short term.

3. Flu "pandemics" can create the same problem and did it in the past. Still vaccination was not pushed the same. Nor masks,lockdowns etc. 

4.Statistical chance to die from COVID in my age group (50s) is about the same as dying in a traffic accident for the next 12 months. Will cars be gone from the road? Can they kill others?

Please provide a link to back up your repeated claims regarding mRNA and heart disease.

On 11/25/2021 at 2:12 PM, PJPom said:

I am 75 and was pleased to get the Sinovac and AstraZeneca jabs in Krabi . The horror tales and the waiting for Moderna or Physer seemed to me to be based on nothing other than personal prejudices.

Thanks OP for giving us a positive report with a good outcome, I am now in line for my third jab in January and must say thanks to the local government, well done.

Sorry if on wrong thread but do not want to open up too many sites
Apart from finding out with the local Government and have not seen any information on when and how to get the booster jab.
We are double vaccinated and the 2nd one in October and led to believe in 6 months one can get the booster shot.
I realise the medical profession have had this booster but what about the general public and yes those over 70 years old.
Thanks all and based in Kanchanaburi 

jwest 10 in answer to your question I simply received an email from Krabi Hospital and when I replied was told Jan/Feb for booster. Suggest you check where you were originally jabbed. 

Based on the facts/knowledge ( according to the government reports) that the Vaccine will truly harm a number of children and so few healthy children with no underlying conditions have been harmed in anyway by Covid:  The boy's question as to "Why are they giving the vaccine to children", is quite valid. Would you agree or disagree?

Edited by chockchai12

9 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What does the data on serious illness illnesses, hospitalizations and deaths have to say for Portugal? Refer link I provided.

Portugal has not achieved 98% vaccination, the figure is currently 86.6% have received at least one vaccination (our world data)

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/portugal-returns-covid-restrictions-high-jab-rate-81397416

I said 98% of elligible population (not total population) had received a vaccination, which is pretty much as high as it is possible to get. However their freedom has not been given back to them, on the contrary the country is now implementing a vaccine pass.

So vaccination does not lead to freedom.

Some off topic misleading posts/video have been removed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

Please also take note of the following which is pinned at the head of the covid-19 forum

ASIAN NOW AMID COVID-19 - 25 MARCH 2020

In addition to the guidelines posted below and those detailed in the Asian Now forum rules and following the announcement that Thai government will invoke emergency powers in order to help deal with the COVID-19 situation in the country, Asian Now requests members posting on the forum to abide by the following:

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic.   

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

Thank you for your co-operation.

• Like 1