Bars should be allowed to reopen, opposition MP argues

webfact

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

They’re not open because they don’t want them open. If you know the mind of the mob that took the country, you’ll know that the pandemic was convenient for their agenda. 

Hey, Bali, Indonesia  and many SE Asian countries are slow re-opening to international tourism. Could it just be they are being careful?? Maybe your agenda is to spread non truths. Look mate - they can't keep the place closed forever and all they are interested is the huge Baht that tourism brings in to enrich the country. Just whom are going to fill the thousands of empty hotel room ?? Mum,Dad and the kids visiting temples.

2 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Shame on you if you didn't turn around immediately and depart those premises ????If you are not a part of the solution...

If you are well connected or happy to pass over the brown envelopes you can get away with almost anything!! Here on Samui some bars have never closed!!!

• Like 2

With news that Phuket bars etc are responsible for an increase in cases, it just plays into the hands of the Muppets to continue the emergency decree, which we all know hasn't stopped covid but is used as a tool of suppression.

Hence why the US hasn't invited them to their democracy summit, another blow in the face for Too and his cronies.

The chance of Pattaya and other places reopening is a scant one at best and with the raids in Bangkok for post 9pm drinking, makes the case even more remote.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bangkocker said:

Hey, Bali, Indonesia  and many SE Asian countries are slow re-opening to international tourism. Could it just be they are being careful?? Maybe your agenda is to spread non truths. Look mate - they can't keep the place closed forever and all they are interested is the huge Baht that tourism brings in to enrich the country. Just whom are going to fill the thousands of empty hotel room ?? Mum,Dad and the kids visiting temples.

Covid definately was a convenient event for the current government and many others, lots of people dismiss all those conspiracy theories but there is now evidence many of those theories are reality.

So thanks to Wuhan covid is here to stay so lets just learn to live with it, deal with the outbreaks in a reasonable way and get back to some sort of normality! Most of us have had their BS vaccine which already has turned into booster shot after booster shot yet we already have several types of anti malarial medicine that is very cheap and about as effective as most of the vaccines!! Unbelievable what lengths some governments and the very rich will go to to make money, gain control and ruin many peoples lives! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

Covid definately was a convenient event for the current government and many others, lots of people dismiss all those conspiracy theories but there is now evidence many of those theories are reality.

So thanks to Wuhan covid is here to stay so lets just learn to live with it, deal with the outbreaks in a reasonable way and get back to some sort of normality! Most of us have had their BS vaccine which already has turned into booster shot after booster shot yet we already have several types of anti malarial medicine that is very cheap and about as effective as most of the vaccines!! Unbelievable what lengths some governments and the very rich will go to to make money, gain control and ruin many peoples lives! 

You do understand, don't you, that this is only YOUR version of reality?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

It's really a joke at this point. My entire school came to take their Covid test the other day as they'll be returning to school soon. Other than spreading each level out to come at different times of the day, few other protective measures were taken. Before and after the test kids were congregating, talking, playing as normal. Somehow everyone tested negative. Perhaps there were some positives no one's talking about as they want to open. Yet they seem to be accepting the risk.

Crowded shopping malls are open, the schools are opening, the BTS is packed everyday. This hanging onto the bars staying shut is just teetotaling, puritanical nonsense.

I have a friend coming over and he is a teetotaler, however he keeps asking me 'when are the bars going to open?'

He likes a game of pool and chatting to other people.  So even non-drinkers are looking forward to the bars opening.

IMHO the sooner the better.

I guess it is an age thing, but as bars around Nana are filling up............... they seem to be filling up with loud, obnoxious, aggressive.....Brits.

Is it just my imagination or because I am a Brit I notice them more? 

Most other nationalities don't seem to be anywhere near as threatening. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reigntax said:
7 hours ago, fredscats said:

Covid is returning,gatherings will surely be a disaster

Covid is here for decades. Vaccinations and learning to live with it or lockdowns, restrictions and social and financial destruction.

but when you have the elite making the decisions with little affect on their lives, the poorer the majority become, the more they be used in the future

And now there's yet another new variant coming out of Africa, far more potent than even the Delta variant. Countries are going into lockdown again, football behind closed doors again in Austria. Germany possibly to follow. Riots on the streets in the Netherlands against restrictions. There is no sign at all that the virus is being beaten. It simply adapts and grows stronger. The world is in for a very rough time for awhile yet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And now there's yet another new variant coming out of Africa, far more potent than even the Delta variant. Countries are going into lockdown again, football behind closed doors again in Austria. Germany possibly to follow. Riots on the streets in the Netherlands against restrictions. There is no sign at all that the virus is being beaten. It simply adapts and grows stronger. The world is in for a very rough time for awhile yet.

sadly i think you are correct

6 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

It's really a joke at this point. My entire school came to take their Covid test the other day as they'll be returning to school soon. Other than spreading each level out to come at different times of the day, few other protective measures were taken. Before and after the test kids were congregating, talking, playing as normal. Somehow everyone tested negative. Perhaps there were some positives no one's talking about as they want to open. Yet they seem to be accepting the risk.

Crowded shopping malls are open, the schools are opening, the BTS is packed everyday. This hanging onto the bars staying shut is just teetotaling, puritanical nonsense.

Regardless of the arguments pro/con, you cannot compare shopping malls or BTS where everybody is wearing a mask, with a bar where people more often than not share the same glass and talk at 50cm distance without mask. It would be more appropriate to compare it with restaurants.

3 hours ago, fredscats said:

Who is they?

Ever had covid?ever suffered?      Bars will never open again in immediate future,if they did covid will rocket up there again,even more restrictions,banned from leaving home

And you know covid will sky rocket how?  Maybe you believe the health minister that said when you drink your throat muscles relax and you will then catch covid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul1804 said:

Most of us have had their BS vaccine which already has turned into booster shot after booster shot yet we already have several types of anti malarial medicine that is very cheap and about as effective as most of the vaccines!!

The thing that mystifies me about anti-vaxxers is that even if there was good evidence that hydroxychloroquine etc was effective, surely you’re far more likely to experience undesirable side-effects from a powerful drug that you’re taking every day rather than from a vaccine you take only occasionally, even if you have to have booster shots every 6 months for the rest of your life, which I think will be the case for this virus from China. Just do a web search for side-effects of the various anti-malarials.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

They should be allowed to open with strict measures...

Can we be sure that "strict measures" will be kept...????

In Europe new Covid lock downs are on their way, and some experts says - i.e. official experts, unfortunately not us clever experts from Facebook and ASEAN NOW...???? - that reopening of nightlife and like is a major reason for Covid to resurface...:whistling:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You may well be correct, the trouble is the lockdowns do nothing but kick the can down the road delaying the inevitable and the longer the lockdown is the more susceptible the country becomes as there is less immunity, it also allows the virus to strengthen, the last 18+ months has proven this.

Lock, unlock, lock.................

The old saying "You can run but you cannot hide" springs to mind. 

• Like 2

On 11/26/2021 at 10:26 AM, hotandsticky said:

You do understand, don't you, that this is only YOUR version of reality?

It's close to my take on things too  so @paul1804  is not quite alone.

Did you see this interesting report/study from Wuhan ?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w?fbclid=IwAR0-RMOGRpCv6f6PLAxTjnw8-hNCLqmilbUFxMi2iSZEAefZem4PVBD_mK4

"The citywide nucleic acid screening of SARS-CoV-2 infection in Wuhan recruited nearly 10 million people, and found no newly confirmed cases with COVID-19. The detection rate of asymptomatic positive cases was very low, and there was no evidence of transmission from asymptomatic positive persons to traced close contacts. There were no asymptomatic positive cases in 96.4% of the residential communities.

Previous studies have shown that asymptomatic individuals infected with SARS-CoV-2 virus were infectious3, and might subsequently become symptomatic4. Compared with symptomatic patients, asymptomatic infected persons generally have low quantity of viral loads and a short duration of viral shedding, which decrease the transmission risk of SARS-CoV-25.

Edited by onthedarkside
shortened for fair use

4 hours ago, fredscats said:

Who is they?

Ever had covid?ever suffered?      Bars will never open again in immediate future,if they did covid will rocket up there again,even more restrictions,banned from leaving home

Covid sky rocket in Chiang Mai and they were closed. It came out of the markets. Blaming it on bars is just an excuse

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CygnusX1 said:

The thing that mystifies me about anti-vaxxers is that even if there was good evidence that hydroxychloroquine etc was effective, surely you’re far more likely to experience undesirable side-effects from a powerful drug that you’re taking every day rather than from a vaccine you take only occasionally, even if you have to have booster shots every 6 months for the rest of your life, which I think will be the case for this virus from China. Just do a web search for side-effects of the various anti-malarials.

The thing that mystifies me is why those that have had the jab feel it is their job to interfere with other peoples health choices.   Maybe if the jab was 100% effective at stopping contracting or transmitting the virus I could get on board with that, but it isn't, so I cannot.  

I've had the jabs by the way before the tedious name calling starts, but not for health reasons as I am not in the target demographic to get seriously ill from covid.  

Oh and by the way, this particular story suggests that if you are in the category of 'obese', then double jabbed or not the right time to go on a diet to protect against severe covid illness was 18 months ago and the next best time to go on that diet is right now.   https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/double-jabbed-welsh-mum-three-22224691.

For reasons I cannot understand the media continues to promote the ineffective vaccines but does not properly highlight the disparity in severity of illness between people who look after their bodies and those who do not.  

• Thanks 1