Bars should be allowed to reopen, opposition MP argues

webfact

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There wasn't a total lockdown as that isn't possible. People had to shop, for example. Transport still operated, albeit with restrictions. So it was a lockdown, but not a total lockdown, which is the only thing that would have stopped the virus in its tracks as it would have had no-one to spread to.

a total lockdown is impossible, not enough police to implement it, you are dreaming, and they still don't work

they tried in the middle age with the plague, how did that go again? ????

22 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

They’re trying to keep the bars closed as long as they can and when they cannot keep them closed being a bar Owner will not be the same. They think of you as nothing more than pips

Pips with Gladaa Knight?  Or Pimps,  like been Pimping, been Pimping, been Pimping?

13 hours ago, sambum said:

And can someone please tell me how wearing a mask on a motor bike stops the spread of Covid?

It probably doesn't, but does ensure you're wearing one when reaching the shops.

However it does stop the ingestion of PM2.5 which is a good thing... unless you like destroying your lungs.

14 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Spot on.

Many prohibition-, closure- and isolation measures only prolong the misery. There will always be new virus variants. And despite the learning effects, we cannot completely eradicate the virus. The fact that we are now getting more and more aggressive and much more contagious virus variants can also be a result of the lockdown attempts. And if you put people in totally sterile rooms for a long time, their natural immune system sinks, since the challenge for the body is missing.

The only variation thats of concern mutating is still the Delta, but it hasn't gotten worrse.  If they don't  start with booster shots then alk the vaccines  will be for not, as this is the next needed step in protecting the masses.  Did you see the crowd at the Fireworks show?  All of beach road and the beach were packed like a rock concert.   There was no social  distancing,  and i mean packed.  One would be lucky if there was 15 cm distance between them and another while walking or standing during  this event.  If covid  doesn't rise back up, then theres proof that its safe to go back to before.  I dont think everyone really sees or understands  how silly closed venues are at this point when most of Oct and November  there have been crowds so extremely  large, and gatherings for hours.  How do the powers tgat be not lose face?

• Like 1

A post with a video from an unapproved social media source has been removed as a podcast is not a credible source of information:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

21 hours ago, Clarkey611 said:

There are three types of bars open in Bangkok at the moment:

1) SHA+ bars functioning as a restaurant

2) Bars functioning due to the provision of tea money in a large brown envelope

3) The Krystal Club Bangkok

And they won't let you in the last one!

23 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Phuket is seeing an increase in infections in the entertainment venues..

Bangla road being one location.

I live in Phuket and I thought all the bars and entertainment venues were closed.  Only restaurants can sell alcohol.  All the bars got restaurant licenses and now sell alcohol.  ???? So as far as I know there are no "entertainment venues" open.  I'm confused why the news media and the governor keeps talking about the entertainment venues when they are supposed to be closed.  Did I miss something?  ????

58 minutes ago, LivingNThailand said:

I live in Phuket and I thought all the bars and entertainment venues were closed.  Only restaurants can sell alcohol.  All the bars got restaurant licenses and now sell alcohol.  ???? So as far as I know there are no "entertainment venues" open.  I'm confused why the news media and the governor keeps talking about the entertainment venues when they are supposed to be closed.  Did I miss something?  ????

Yes Bangla road.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Yes Bangla road

Legally ?  I know they are open. I thought technically they are supposed to be closed that’s why I was wondering why the governor was testing the workers, announcing the results and letting them stay open.  Never mind. I guess I know why.  It’s just sad the little guys are being squeezed. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:
12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There wasn't a total lockdown as that isn't possible. People had to shop, for example. Transport still operated, albeit with restrictions. So it was a lockdown, but not a total lockdown, which is the only thing that would have stopped the virus in its tracks as it would have had no-one to spread to.

a total lockdown is impossible, not enough police to implement it, you are dreaming, and they still don't work

You appear not to have understood what I wrote, otherwise your comment makes no sense. My bolds.

• Like 1

So in essence what clowns like Anutin are telling is is this, Since April they haven't moved forward one inch to solving the issue and being able to restore a vital part of Thailand's GDP as well as possibly damaging their international tourism sector indefinitely

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Easily explained,

Most of the people likely to die of COVID already have.

(Same with Spanish flu, same with the Black Death)

Rubbish. Its widely reported that the majority of new cases of serious illness here (UK) are those who are unvaccinated.  I watched a report on TV just 2 days ago  - on one ward they were taking care of 8 pregnant women who had Covid 19.  Most had refused the vaccine because they thought it may harm their unborn child - 7 of the 8 were unvaccinated.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Your choice to believe propaganda on TV.

Last resort answer for the anti vax brigade. I suppose the doctors in the reports are really undercover BBC operatives and it was all done in a studio with fake patients?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

Are you not in a position to find out for yourself? Here on this forum, and also especially in my area of Pattaya, we hear of near unrestricted nightlife in Patong area. Now it could be a case of sour grapes wrt restricted Pattaya, but there is no smoke without fire. 

On 11/26/2021 at 11:20 AM, GrandPapillon said:

A much more practical and contemporary comparison might be the great influenza period of 1918-1919.

Covid, like influenza, is an airborne virus easily passed from person-to-person.

Bubonic plague is a bacteria that spreads from insect/animal bites. 

Bar closure: No alcohol: Social distancing.

All load of rubbish in Pattaya.

Pretty crammed at Tree Town.

Large beer 100baht paper cups.

Pic of tree town early. 

Pic of Pattaya beach last night.

At same time the small open air bars closed and many/most for good.

IMG_20211127_193110_952.jpg

IMG_20211126_204232_583.jpg

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
On 11/27/2021 at 8:18 AM, LivingNThailand said:

Expand  

Are you not in a position to find out for yourself? Here on this forum, and also especially in my area of Pattaya, we hear of near unrestricted nightlife in Patong area. Now it could be a case of sour grapes wrt restricted Pattaya, but there is no smoke without fire. 

I know the bars and entertainment venues are open in Patong and other areas.  I don't frequent them, but you hear from others.  My comment was about why is the governor, or maybe it is the mayor,  is openly talking about entertainment venues practising safe Covid  measures when everywhere I read that ALL bars and entertainment venues are closed.  What are they talking about?   I don't know if this forum will let me put a link in from the Phuket News, but I will try.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/most-new-infections-from-entertainment-venues-phuket-health-official-82151.php

Here are a few excerpts

“For the areas where the infections have been found, most of them are entertainment venues, for socializing, drinking and eating,” Dr Witita said.

Dr Witita repeated the government mantra that all such venues must place “emphasis on the COVID Free Setting measures”.

“Because entertainment venues have restrictions on the spacing between tables, the air must be ventilated and employees must be 100% vaccinated with random ATK checks every seven days,” she said.

Dr Witita specifically made no mention of where the infections were found, despite Patong Mayor Chalermsak Maneesri meeting with health officials and Patong entertainment venue operators late on Nov 23 ‒ just one day after mass testing of Patong nightlife staff was conducted on Nov 22.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

expect some radical policies changes starting next week,

after news of the new variant is all over the world this week-end,

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/safrican-doctor-says-patients-with-omicron-variant-have-very-mild-symptoms-2021-11-28/

Hopefully the news just out of SA really is true.  If so, my goodness are we brainwashed!  Trillions of USD lost globally in stock markets around the world, flights cancelled, countries blocked from travel, all because of a 'new variant' that is, and I quote from the Reuters article:    "Very Mild"

Stop the idiocy.  If there is not a COVID explosion after the Pattaya Concerts and Fireworks festivals, we, the ones who can think even slightly critically, can fairly safely deduce that OUT OF DOORS, as many many scientists around the world for nearly a year have been saying, the chance of spreading this horrible disease is basically NIL.

COVID wouldn't stop me from going to an enclosed go-go bar, I'm young and fully vaccinated.   That doesn't mean they should open them though since most of the codgers that frequent go-gos are at risk.   But outdoor bars should be allowed to open.  Outdoor restaurants should be allowed to serve beer.  Anything less than this is pure government control for sake of control.

• Like 1