Triumph triple 1200

Kwasaki

45 minutes ago, Neilly said:

You've been able to get a triple 1200 for quite a while...earlier this year they released the Trident 660

Speed Triple.JPG

I'm not after anymore bikes but always like the 900 triple in UK if the 1200 is in Thailand I'd like to see one.

There's a showroom in Phitsanulok I'll go and have a looksie. ????

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Neilly said:

You've been able to get a triple 1200 for quite a while...earlier this year they released the Trident 660

Speed Triple.JPG

I'm quite sure that he is talking about availability in Thailand, not in the US.

For a short period Triumph sold the Tiger 1200 (Explorer) in Thailand, so you can find a few models of these. I don't know if they ever sold any other bike with a 1200 triple here.

Edited by jackdd
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pseudorabies said:

I had a 1050 triple in my Sprint.  Great engine, smoother than the 4-cyl in my ZRX (but nowhere near the low-end grunt).  That triple is one of the best sounding engines imo.

Yeah I agree they have there own special sound. 

Use to service them had a couple of mates that had the 900 in UK.

Triples use in Moto 2 these days. 

• Sad 1

It's coming. Looks like it will be announced today at the Bangkok motor expo. Not sure if it will be both the Speed Triple (Naked) and the Speed Triple RR (retro half faired cafe racer). I guess both.

This is from Triumph Central BKK's Facebook page.

image.png.3ee0c13ef9769b05d5180689615d91ab.png

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I'm quite sure that he is talking about availability in Thailand, not in the US.

Yeah, my bad, I should have said it was the 765 Street Triple (or the Trident)

Going slightly off track, and If I had bundles of spare cash I'd have the Gold Line Bobber...

MY22-Bobber-goldline-image-block-1410x793 (Medium).jpg

MY22-Bobber-goldline-media-carousel-1-1920x1080 (Medium).jpg

Edited by Neilly
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Triumph Phuket are advertising new Speed Triple 1200 RR for 799,000 baht.

261761452_4721997284530591_5114237374909592212_n.jpg

262322257_4721997467863906_4929994338414441102_n.jpg

262332012_4721997624530557_1360692641716192982_n.jpg

262163772_4721997777863875_3159755065170259504_n.jpg

261857467_4721997947863858_447238746649876379_n.jpg

261563366_4721998144530505_2421910784663066797_n.jpg

Wow!   My last 2 bikes were a Trophy 900 & then a Sprint ST 955i - always wanted a (green) speed triple ????

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jackdd said:

In case anybody is considering a Triumph:

The control buttons on the handlebar (exactly the same ones as seen on the Triple 1200 pictures above) have serious quality problems.

On my bike I changed the left side (turn signal etc.) twice already, and the right side (start button etc.) once. According to the Triumph dealer that's a common problem.

In 3 years of ownership I've had over 10 warranty claims on my bike, the only positive thing is that they did at least exchange parts for free even after my 2 years warranty was expired.

My bike (Tiger 800) is/was manufactured in Thailand, but somehow every single spare part is coming from England, meaning 2-3 weeks wait before they can exchange the part.

Annoying when manufacturers overlook the little things like that and not replace with updated replacement.

Bet the motors be good though.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

but somehow every single spare part is coming from England, meaning 2-3 weeks wait before they can exchange the part.

Sounds like Ducati - don't know how they are now, but 2 to 3 months was a normal time to get spares.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

So far, touch wood, mines been fine (bought the bike new in 2016)...but if that should happen I'd probably change the switches over to Moto Gadget ones

Your bike should still have the old style buttons, afaik Triumph started switching to the new style in 2018.

The old design seems to be OK, I know many people who ride bikes with it and never heard somebody complain that the there was a problem. They should have kept the old design.

The buttons on the right side could be changed for an alternative, but for the ones on the left side this just seems impossible.

I just counted them, it would require a total of 14 buttons on the left side to cover all functions.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, jackdd said:

The buttons on the right side could be changed for an alternative, but for the ones on the left side this just seems impossible.

I just counted them, it would require a total of 14 buttons on the left side to cover all functions.

Yeah, mines been fine...and long may it continue to be! LOL

As for changing the switches over, it can be done, but it's not straightforward plug-n-play tho, you have to use their Mo Unit

Mo Unit.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Yeah, mines been fine...and long may it continue to be! LOL

As for changing the switches over, it can be done, but it's not straightforward plug-n-play tho, you have to use their Mo Unit

Mo Unit.jpg

Looks like a well made piece.

When the makers in Germany get it right they are sure nice.

Should hire them to design BMW and MB !!! 555

13 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Whow out of interest what are they can't work out how there that many. ?

2 for: Turn signal left right

6 for: Joystick for menu navigation + menu button

2 for: cruise control

1 each for: headlight, fog light, high beam, heated seats, horn
Actually 15 in total

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

2 for: Turn signal left right

6 for: Joystick for menu navigation + menu button

2 for: cruise control

1 each for: headlight, fog light, high beam, heated seats, horn
Actually 15 in total

OK thanks.

Sounds like a Goldwing. ????

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:

If I had me druthers and a big lottery win I would love to own and ride a Honda Goldwing 1800 trike.

Goldwing 1800.jpg

A Goldwing with outriggers. ????

If someone came to the motorcycle workshop I worked at many moons ago looking for repairs on a Goldie, everybody seemed to have a call of nature the toilet got full. ????????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

A Goldwing with outriggers. ????

If someone came to the motorcycle workshop I worked at many moons ago looking for repairs on a Goldie, everybody seemed to have a call of nature the toilet got full. ????????

It has 3 wheels and so it is hard to fall off, with 3 wheels there is no kick stand so it is easier to shift from parking, it has a reverse gear which makes it easier to move way if parked in to the kerb.

The last time I looked at one was several years ago on a California website, by the time I could get it here with all the taxes and import duties it would have come in at around 4 million baht. Whilst a big Honda dealers could probably service it mechanically the majority of spare parts would have to come from the USA, attracting even more revenue for the government.

I am 77 and even if I won the Thai lottery this month I doubt if I would see the trike until after I am 78 in May next year. By that time I would probably need a hoist to get me on and off plus a trailer to put a wheelchair in.

However I am allowed to dream.

Honda trike and trailer.jfif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

It has 3 wheels and so it is hard to fall off, with 3 wheels there is no kick stand so it is easier to shift from parking, it has a reverse gear which makes it easier to move way if parked in to the kerb.

The last time I looked at one was several years ago on a California website, by the time I could get it here with all the taxes and import duties it would have come in at around 4 million baht. Whilst a big Honda dealers could probably service it mechanically the majority of spare parts would have to come from the USA, attracting even more revenue for the government.

I am 77 and even if I won the Thai lottery this month I doubt if I would see the trike until after I am 78 in May next year. By that time I would probably need a hoist to get me on and off plus a trailer to put a wheelchair in.

However I am allowed to dream.

Honda trike and trailer.jfif 13.76 kB · 3 downloads

Never give up buddy I will be an old age vandal biker till the day my number is up. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Never give up buddy I will be an old age vandal biker till the day my number is up. 

I still have my Honda Phantom 200cc but I haven't ridden it in 3 years.

I have 2 STS kneecaps that have minds of their own. Most of the time they work with my body but sometimes they go in a different direction to the rest of me. If I drop the Phantom I don't think I could pick it up any more.

40 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I still have my Honda Phantom 200cc but I haven't ridden it in 3 years.

I have 2 STS kneecaps that have minds of their own. Most of the time they work with my body but sometimes they go in a different direction to the rest of me. If I drop the Phantom I don't think I could pick it up any more.

Get it customed constructed into a Trike. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1