Posting / Postage costs from Thailand?

Gee Bangkok

Hello 

Hope you are all well? 

I've been looking at sending small items from Thailand (Ebay). 

Been to the Post office here. The price is really high. 100 grams or so. 

Anyone know an alternative courier / shipping company please? Websites? 

Any help much appreciated. 

Cheers 

Gee

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Other than couriers which is generally higher No , there is no alternative and Yes Thaipost costs hzve risen in the last few months and generally since the pandemic due to lack of International flights etc.(so they say).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gee Bangkok said:

I've been looking at sending small items from Thailand (Ebay). 

Been to the Post office here. The price is really high. 100 grams or so. 

Anyone know an alternative courier / shipping company please? Websites? 

I don't know how they do it, but the Chinese vendors on Lazada seem to be able to ship items of almost any size and weight all the way from China to Thailand for something between 40 Baht and 80 Baht. If you can figure out what they're doing postal cost-wise and replicate it, you'd be onto a winner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

I don't know how they do it, but the Chinese vendors on Lazada seem to be able to ship items of almost any size and weight all the way from China to Thailand for something between 40 Baht and 80 Baht. If you can figure out what they're doing postal cost-wise and replicate it, you'd be onto a winner.

Chinese sellers have a bulk postage price, regardless of size and weight, as you within 40-80 BAHT. I've tried, it's only for items sent from China by sellers.

1 hour ago, xn47140 said:

Want to do the same....sending some 7" vinyl....

If I go to the website of the Thai post there seems a lot of options but at two different post offices they are talking of more than 1.000 Baht.

If within Thailand, use the bus service for deliveries.

For overseas ask for "ship" price if not in a hurry.

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

I think it gets subsidized by the Chinese government.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

Yet Thai Post haven’t delivered 2 letters from the UK posted months ago but I have quite a few items from China on Lazada.

18 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Yet Thai Post haven’t delivered 2 letters from the UK posted months ago but I have quite a few items from China on Lazada.

Last track and trace from uk took 15 days. Normally takes 7 but uk po insisted on customs declaration which encouraged Thai customs to keep for 7 days slit open and write "bank card" and "driving licence" on the envelope inviting bank and identity fraud.

Can't use couriers as same thing happens so at a loss to know how to post secure items ???

On 12/3/2021 at 12:39 PM, chilly07 said:

Last track and trace from uk took 15 days. Normally takes 7 but uk po insisted on customs declaration which encouraged Thai customs to keep for 7 days slit open and write "bank card" and "driving licence" on the envelope inviting bank and identity fraud.

Can't use couriers as same thing happens so at a loss to know how to post secure items ???

Last time I did this, I had the card sellotaped /wrapped in several sheets of A4 folded paper, then bubblewrap obscuring the content. The PO Declaration was marked "documents". Never experienced any issues to date.????