Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

19 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

It would make the reporting much more efficient by plainly requiring the alien to send an email and getting back an automated response as a receipt for the reporting,

When I used the Immigration website to file my 90-day report online to BKK CW last week, as usually occurs with them, I got an automated email within 24 hours confirming that they had RECEIVED my submission....

So, what you're suggesting already occurs with BKK CW.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/14/2023 at 4:18 PM, Encid said:

I haven't received the usual email reminder notification since my last successful online 90-day report back in December.

I thought it had been a while since my last report, so I checked my emails and sure enough... no reminder and therefore no submission.

My visa extension is good until August, but my reporting is overdue.

What should I do?

Well I went into The Immigration Office in Jomtien Soi 5 yesterday with all the required paperwork for my retirement visa extension.

It was all checked and I was asked for a copy of my drivers license as proof of address.

I got that copied, then signed it, and then signed a couple of cover papers which the IO had filled out, and was given a yellow numbered plastic tag and told to come back today to collect my passport.

When I went there today it was extremely busy with people queuing outside in the sun... not a good sign.

I went straight inside and approached counter 8 with my plastic tag, and was given back my passport complete with new 12 month extension stamp... no questions about 90 day reporting.

In and out in under 1 minute... fantastic!

So am I safe for another 90 days, then shall I try the online system again or should I report in person 90 days from today?

Edited by Encid

10 minutes ago, Encid said:

Well I went into The Immigration Office in Jomtien Soi 5 yesterday with all the required paperwork for my retirement visa extension.

It was all checked and I was asked for a copy of my drivers license as proof of address.

I got that copied, then signed it, and then signed a couple of cover papers which the IO had filled out, and was given a yellow numbered plastic tag and told to come back today to collect my passport.

When I went there today it was extremely busy with people queuing outside in the sun... not a good sign.

I went straight inside and approached counter 8 with my plastic tag, and was given back my passport complete with new 12 month extension stamp... no questions about 90 day reporting.

In and out in under 1 minute... fantastic!

So am I safe for another 90 days, then shall I try the online system again or should I report in person 90 days from today?

You should make your 90 day report when it is due (90 days after last report or last entry into Thailand) - extensions of stay have nothing to do with such reports (unless one of the few that do a new report - not sure many do that anymore with online reporting so easy for most).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, lopburi3 said:

You should make your 90 day report when it is due (90 days after last report or last entry into Thailand) - extensions of stay have nothing to do with such reports (unless one of the few that do a new report - not sure many do that anymore with online reporting so easy for most).

If you read the post that I quoted you will see that I had not done a 90-day report since December 2022 because I had not received a reminder email... so I forgot.

I am asking if I should do my next report in 90 days time from my last visit to immigration (which was today)?

The web site for 90-day reporting was down for only one day and the fact that officials are able to register 90-day reports at CW on their computer terminals points to something other than a computer or network failure.

The IB has a pattern of disturbances to their operations over the years that have disrupted the online reporting process.

This current disruption appears to be a human disruption to the online reporting process.

4 minutes ago, Encid said:

If you read the post that I quoted you will see that I had not done a 90-day report since December 2022 because I had not received a reminder email... so I forgot.

I am asking if I should do my next report in 90 days time from my last visit to immigration (which was today)?

Whenever you have the 2,000 baht available.  There was no reset with that extension so until you make a report/pay the fine you are late reporting.  I would try to get it taken care of.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

When I used the Immigration website to file my 90-day report online to BKK CW last week, as usually occurs with them, I got an automated email within 24 hours confirming that they had RECEIVED my submission....

So, what you're suggesting already occurs with BKK CW.

Considering the flaws many report via the website, what my suggestion is, it is to have a normal email address and send the details, without having to log in to the website. So sure if you understand the nuance ?

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Considering the flaws many report via the website, what my suggestion is, it is to have a normal email address and send the details, without having to log in to the website. So sure if you understand the nuance ?

Ahh... no, I didn't read your prior email that way...

So, you're suggesting a "report by email" method.... similar to the current report by postal mail or report online/via website methods....

I could go for that....if they were to offer it.  Kind of a half-way tech approach between postal mail and their automated, server-based web portal.

Only question is... is anyone at Immigration still managing their AOL email account??? ????

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

It would make the reporting much more efficient by plainly requiring the alien to send an email and getting back an automated response as a receipt for the reporting,

But then do they really want to make thing more easy for farangs ?

Technically your suggestion is impossible, unless a fixed format such as a webpage was used. More chance of it working with something like Google voice than an email but I will be pushing up daisies long before the days of "Beam me up Scottie".

When I did mine in April there was only 2 minutes between receipt and approval. That must have been an automated response, far too quick for human intervention.

Just done it again this afternoon, a bit slower, about 15 minutes to get the receipt and then 2 hours for approval.

In both cases it was 90 days after re-entry,  April by land,  today by air.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, smedly said:

your extension does not reset your 90 day report date

Accepted. However, in my experience with Surin Immigration, when you apply for the extension of stay they update your 90 day report whether you like it or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Accepted. However, in my experience with Surin Immigration, when you apply for the extension of stay they update your 90 day report whether you like it or not.

Same happens to me each year when I get a new 1 year permission to stay at Buriram.

47 minutes ago, Advocate said:

My 90-day report lodged 20230807 was finally approved 20230816 overnight.

It appears they are working beyond normal business hours because the published time of approval was after 8:00 PM.

May i know what date did u submit you submit your 90 day report? And was it for CW?

Thanks!

22 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Submitted on-line TM47 on 10th August (10:27), approved today (10:17) - Surin Immigration.

I can't remember what normally happens but I note that the 90 day period resets from the date of application, not the date of approval.

On 8/15/2023 at 1:01 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I also filed my online report last Tues on Aug. 8, receiving a filing confirmation email back from them within 24 hours, and as of today/Tuesday (1 pm) still have not had any action on my filing to BKK CW.

As with you, the last couple times I've filed online, the turnaround time has always been 3 business days to approval. That normally would have meant last Friday, but then yesterday/Monday was a government holiday.

So I'm hoping, but not optimistic, for something later today.  Though I too am getting their server being down now / in the early afternoon.

Screenshot_1.jpg.6dd7369e3882eb33f4e2175123b1ce5d.jpg

I received approval 20230816 at 8 pm. I didn't see it until next day20230817. I did complain 3+ times by email.

• Thanks 1

Hey tried going through alot of this thread but couldnt find an answer:  ARRIVAL THAILAND DATE, on the form is it asking for the literal last date of entry into Thailand or is it asking for the last stamp date at the beginning of the retirement visa process?  Im assuming actual entry into Thailand but just want to make sure.

It was my moms first time doing check in and she misunderstood, she's now 30 days over.  I'm hearing the penalty is up to 5000 baht PLUS 200 baht a day, which means the penalty is around 11,000 baht for being 30 days late, this absolutely feels like a scam.  This is with immigration in Pattaya

1 minute ago, TheLaughingMan said:

It was my moms first time doing check in and she misunderstood, she's now 30 days over.  I'm hearing the penalty is up to 5000 baht PLUS 200 baht a day, which means the penalty is around 11,000 baht for being 30 days late, this absolutely feels like a scam.  This is with immigration in Pattaya

Relax - those are for overstay - late 90 day reporting is not overstay and fine should only be 2,000 baht.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Can you provide a reference or source?

Theres a paper in the passport that had the 3 month check in date on it, and below that mentions the 2k-5k penalty plus 200 a day if you are late reporting in.  I already know Pattaya does things very differently from the rest of Thailand but its frustrating anyway.  Its our own fault for not understanding when the 3 month check in started.

11.jpg

36 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

Theres a paper in the passport that had the 3 month check in date on it, and below that mentions the 2k-5k penalty plus 200 a day if you are late reporting in.  I already know Pattaya does things very differently from the rest of Thailand but its frustrating anyway.  Its our own fault for not understanding when the 3 month check in started.

11.jpg

Pretty sure the larger fine (5,000B & 200B per day) is if you are "caught" not doing your 90 Day report (Though I can't think how you could be), if you voluntarily go into Immigration and do it you should get a 2,000B fine & that's the end of it, No "naughty" stamp in your passport or anything like that. 

Am sure if you went with your mother they'd be very sympathetic to her forgetting to do it. 

Alternatively you could go to an Agent and ask them to do it for you, I've no idea how much it would cost but a normal 90 Day Report is usually 1-200B. 

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 5,000.- Baht.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

• Like 1