Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

On 8/11/2023 at 11:44 AM, lelapin said:

I regularly do my 90 day online but my UK passport is coming up for renewal shortly.

Will I have to go along to Jomtien Imm for the 1st time after I have the new one or do I just re-register with the new passport number on-line?

Normally, your first regular 90-day report AFTER getting a new passport/passport number must be done in person, and the online reporting system seems not to work in that situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Normally, your first regular 90-day report AFTER getting a new passport/passport number must be done in person, and the online reporting system seems not to work in that situation.

I received a replacement passport (for one that was issued with an error) which I took to Immigration (Surin) to have data transferred at the time I needed to extend my stay (May 2023). Immigration effected a 90 day report at the same time (without being asked) so my next report date is 22nd August 2023. I submitted the TM47 on-line last Thirstday (10th) morning and have only received an acknowledgement to date.

As has been reported, the site is currently down.

The Thai Immigration Bureau continues to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

It can't keep the 90-day online reporting system operating successfully for more than 12 months at a time.

The poor souls that have to read and check these reports must be bored to death of their jobs.

1 hour ago, RupertIII said:

According to site below it's been down for over a week although I don't know how accurate that is. I logged in to submit on 7/08 , 8 days ago.

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/tm47.immigration.go.th.html

I submitted a report on 20230807 and checked it daily on subsequent days until 20230815 when online 90-day reporting site stopped working.

So, its only been offline for a day.

• Thanks 1

I was excited to see recent headlines that trial runs of the Pink rail line started today, but apparently those are private trials and public trials will start next month. https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/general/40030180 

Older info said that government complex would be part of the first phase, including the link to BTS Wat Phra Sri. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Line_(Bangkok)

The iOS app for TM47 also seems to spin endlessly after entering your password.

(I'm in a similar boat to others -- submission received email previously received on Aug 6, then nothing further. When I submitted previously in May, my approved email came 6 calendar days later.) 

Edited by landosmiles

1 hour ago, RupertIII said:

According to site below it's been down for over a week although I don't know how accurate that is. I logged in to submit on 7/08 , 8 days ago.

I filed online a week ago today as well, successfully in terms of submitting my filing. No action other than "pending" since then.

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

The website seems to available again. Just logged in2 minutes ago.

I confirm that. I was able to log in and see status. However, no movement on approvals. It is still pending.

The 90-day report process is a disgrace ever since it was implemented.

I was at CW yesterday all the systems were down, took me 3 hours to get a resident certificate and there were only 6 people in front of me, tried doing a 90 day report with a new passport was given number 180 this was about 0900 by lunchtime they were only at number 66 looked back at 1400 they were at number 88 there were some still arriving and they were given numbers like 290, i just went home as there were at least a 100 still ahead of me

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Yippee, another crap app from a government institution. I'll give it a miss. Yes I am prejudging, but it is Baysian statistics....we have prior information that mo government inspired app ever works, so why would thins one? 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, retarius said:

Yippee, another crap app from a government institution. I'll give it a miss. Yes I am prejudging, but it is Baysian statistics....we have prior information that mo government inspired app ever works, so why would thins one? 

Actually the second generation 90 day online reporting system has been working very well for some time now.  But as with any computer systems it can fail from internal or external issues.  From above report suspect there was a major issue yesterday.  Combined with the long delay in processing - which seems to have been caused by recent month of more holidays than workdays - expect appearance is worse than actual condition.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, D2Pipes said:

As others have reported, the login page of Thai Imm TM47 90 day report is down due to a timeout error:-

image.png.5c658a361e13a0c8a1db152051bbf2f2.png

So I have reported to the Thai immigration police.

cheersD

Surprisingly, it seems my reporting of the site being down worked a treat ????

34 minutes ago, D2Pipes said:

Surprisingly, it seems my reporting of the site being down worked a treat ????

Actually the 90 day reporting server and a floor fan was plugged into the same power strip. When leaving work last Friday the janitor turned off the entire power strip instead of just turning of the fan and it was just noticed this morning.  To prevent reoccurrence the server will now be plugged directly into a wall socket.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, howerde said:

I was at CW yesterday all the systems were down, took me 3 hours to get a resident certificate and there were only 6 people in front of me, tried doing a 90 day report with a new passport was given number 180 this was about 0900 by lunchtime they were only at number 66 looked back at 1400 they were at number 88 there were some still arriving and they were given numbers like 290, i just went home as there were at least a 100 still ahead of me

I put a "sad" emoticon on your post.... Not a comment on your post itself... But instead, a "sad" comment on the situation that you recounted going on at BKK CW Immigration.... Yeesh!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

So having made the online application and got the receipt, are we entitled to just sit and wait for as long as it takes, even if that's beyond the deadline? Or are we supposed to go and do it in person before then?

i was at immigration today and there signs  indicating that their computers are down so there are issues with their IT this week

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Derek said:

So having made the online application and got the receipt, are we entitled to just sit and wait for as long as it takes, even if that's beyond the deadline? Or are we supposed to go and do it in person before then?

I also want to know . Assuming we are kept waiting until after our reporting date...do we still get 7 days grace before needing to go to immigration?

17 minutes ago, homeseeker said:

I also want to know . Assuming we are kept waiting until after our reporting date...do we still get 7 days grace before needing to go to immigration?

I'm wondering whether we need to go in at all, considering that once we have the receipt, we have acquitted our responsibility in making the application, therefore the ball should be entirely in their court.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the official rule is 'if you haven't received a reply before the deadline (plus grace period), then you need to go and do it in person'.

6 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

I'm wondering whether we need to go in at all, considering that once we have the receipt, we have acquitted our responsibility in making the application, therefore the ball should be entirely in their court.

That's the way it OUGHT to be... but....

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the official rule is 'if you haven't received a reply before the deadline (plus grace period), then you need to go and do it in person'.

In the past, I believe, Immigration at least some cases basically has said, if you don't get a confirmation back from us for whatever reason, it's YOUR responsibility to go and get one thru one means or another.

I don't know specifically if that's occurred when their online system croaks. But I believe in the past, they've taken that attitude when people have their EMS receipt showing they mailed in their 90-day report within the required timeframe, but never got the confirmation back in the mail for whatever reason.

Today, I sent a 2nd 90-day report in via EMS mail (keeping the tracking receipt and a photo of the envelope with it), a week ahead of my actual reporting deadline, and a week AFTER I did the online version. So we'll see what happens now.

4 hours ago, Pib said:

To prevent reoccurrence the server will now be plugged directly into a wall socket.

No... Pib... I think you meant to say, from now on, the floor fan will be plugged in directly to the wall socket!  ????

Priorities are priorities, after all!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 2

It would make the reporting much more efficient by plainly requiring the alien to send an email and getting back an automated response as a receipt for the reporting,

But then do they really want to make thing more easy for farangs ?

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Pib said:

Actually the 90 day reporting server and a floor fan was plugged into the same power strip. When leaving work last Friday the janitor turned off the entire power strip instead of just turning of the fan and it was just noticed this morning.  To prevent reoccurrence the server will now be plugged directly into a wall socket.

Interesting because something does not run true.

Before I contacted the immigration police I checked at:-

from the link posted by RobertIII and the server had been down for 8 days which would have been Tuesday of last week. I sent an email to the imm police at 15:30 yesterday and now the server has been up for 14h 54m meaning the server was back online around 00:25 which is this morning but there we go.