What if I test positive during travel in Thailand?

jayy31

If i have asymptomatic for covid 19 . I heard I have to go quarantine hotel (like an ASQ) linked to hospitals 

But Most of insurance don't cover the hotel expenses even if it's about for covid treatment . 

and I don't know about the "Hospitels" Is it a hotel to go patients tested positive covid 19 with asymptomatic ?

I wonder that all foreigners wtih asymptomatic covid 19 patients go to Hospitels . 

and If I have to quaratine in hotels If i get covid 19 with asymptomatic How to I claim to insurance (like AXA) to compensate to treatment for covid ?

I heard somethings that If I ask to quarantine hotels where I have to stay when I get covid 19 with asymptomatic to modify in bills or receipts written on Hospitals for treatment not  hotels name then I can get guarantee the insurance expenses Is it possible?

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

If you test positive you will be sent to a hospital - even if asymptomatic. This is why insurance is required.

If you test negative but were in close contact with someone who tests positive, you will be quarantined.

Your insurance should, hopefully, cover the hospitalization though some room for doubt regarding foreign insurances and hospitalization of people who are completely asymptomatic (since not medically necessary)....would likely depend a lot on what the hospital put on the medical forms.

No insurance will pay for preventive quarantine. You have to pay yourself.

It would be serious insurance fraud to present a hotel receipt as coming from a hospital and I doubt any hotel would agree to that. In addition, most insurances require pre-authorization for hospital costs which requires direct communications between insurer and hospital.

Is there any insurance for residents in Thailand that would provide a 200k/300k cover to plug the ASQ/Hospitel/Forced admission of healthy people, etc risk.

We are a family of 4, have good health insurance but if my kids got infected at school we might get locked up and face a bill in the 500k to 1m range. 

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Is there any insurance for residents in Thailand that would provide a 200k/300k cover to plug the ASQ/Hospitel/Forced admission of healthy people, etc risk.

We are a family of 4, have good health insurance but if my kids got infected at school we might get locked up and face a bill in the 500k to 1m range. 

No insurance will cover quarantine costs for people for test negative.

Thai based insurers would likely cover "Hospitel" for asymptomatic COVID positive people though you need to verify. Whether you'd be given that option, cannot be assured. There seems to be a strong insistence on hospitalization for foreign travelers found positive. Were you to become positive at a later date after arrival might be another matter.

You might like to consider getting a COVID specific policy here   https://covid19.tgia.org/

These have to be obtained before travel but can then be extended

COVID insurance options for people already resident in Thailand are pretty limited as many insurers have stopped issuing them. This seems to be as good as any  https://www.dhipaya.co.th/en/product-detail-10-37-12.html

19 hours ago, Sheryl said:

If you test positive you will be sent to a hospital - even if asymptomatic. This is why insurance is required.

If you test negative but were in close contact with someone who tests positive, you will be quarantined.

Your insurance should, hopefully, cover the hospitalization though some room for doubt regarding foreign insurances and hospitalization of people who are completely asymptomatic (since not medically necessary)....would likely depend a lot on what the hospital put on the medical forms.

No insurance will pay for preventive quarantine. You have to pay yourself.

It would be serious insurance fraud to present a hotel receipt as coming from a hospital and I doubt any hotel would agree to that. In addition, most insurances require pre-authorization for hospital costs which requires direct communications between insurer and hospital.

That's why a lot of this seems nonsensical. Makes the rich richer and the poor poorer. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 8:57 PM, UKPaul67 said:

I got the AXA cover including the asymptomatic cover, and it's states on the certificate 50,000$ cover, did not want to take the risk on the thailandpass.

I will get UK travel insurance as well for my own piece of mind but only suit the AXA on the pass.

Waiting to hear back from hotel, had to supply flight E-ticket, vaccine certificate, insurance, and photo of passport ????, just as many documents just for the hotel.

I'll start my Thaipass when I get the hotel fully booked.

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

No insurance will cover quarantine costs for people for test negative.

Thai based insurers would likely cover "Hospitel" for asymptomatic COVID positive people though you need to verify. Whether you'd be given that option, cannot be assured. There seems to be a strong insistence on hospitalization for foreign travelers found positive. Were you to become positive at a later date after arrival might be another matter.

You might like to consider getting a COVID specific policy here   https://covid19.tgia.org/

These have to be obtained before travel but can then be extended

COVID insurance options for people already resident in Thailand are pretty limited as many insurers have stopped issuing them. This seems to be as good as any  https://www.dhipaya.co.th/en/product-detail-10-37-12.html

Which is better ?

Thai general insurance  or Thai AXA

Looking for asymptomatic cover

https://thaiest.com/blog/hospitels-in-thailand

seeing this sites . all covid19 patients with asymptomatic have to go "Hospitels" that main operator is a hosptal not a hotel. That case hotels is not a accommodation . It is for a facility to treatment for medical service . and all medical people have to reside there. So I think If the expenses for the hospitels can be formed by a medical service or doctors not a hotels . do you think so too? 

I read a post on this blog . this https://thaiest.com/blog/hospitels-in-thailand

All covid 19 tested positive foreigners with no symptoms patients have to go “Hospitels” 

Someone said they should have stayed at an isolation hotel, not a hospital, and that they were not covered by insurance because the cost was charged from the hotel, not the hospital.

AXA and other Inusrance says that they can’t cover the expenses from hotel isolation even if the product included asymptomatic coverage

But if you're quarantined at the hospitel, can't you claim a receipt from the hospital because its operator is a hospital?

in that case the insurance cover the expenses I think .

I'm afraid if I'm confirmed  positive and the cost will be charged from the hotel and I can't claim insurance.

Do you know something about that?

On 12/7/2021 at 10:32 AM, Sheryl said:

COVID insurance options for people already resident in Thailand are pretty limited as many insurers have stopped issuing them.

Understandable..what insurance company wants to cover a bill for a payout they know will happen? Especially since ignoring the science of "vaccines" seems to be "the procedure", for people who aren't "sick" !  Why all the endless testing, masking and quarantines for "vaccinated people"? It's not just 'TIT', but much of the world has gone illogical, while the areas that have not,are no worse off.

On 12/7/2021 at 6:27 PM, Apiwan2 said:

Which is better ?

Thai general insurance  or Thai AXA

Looking for asymptomatic cover

Sorry, I don't know what you mean.

AXA policies are all   general insurance policies. Some, like AXA Sawatdee, are travel policies, some are for resident expats.

Did you mean thep olicies listed on the tgia website? These are COVID only.

You will get the same COVID cover from a more general health policy IMO.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Sorry, I don't know what you mean.

AXA policies are all   general insurance policies. Some, like AXA Sawatdee, are travel policies, some are for resident expats.

Did you mean thep olicies listed on the tgia website? These are COVID only.

You will get the same COVID cover from a more general health policy IMO.

It was for a trip in January,

AXA sawasdee and TGI both have travel policies .

Which would be best if I test positive?

Screenshot_20211209-112436_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211209-112111_Chrome.jpg

20 minutes ago, Apiwan2 said:

It was for a trip in January,

AXA sawasdee and TGI both have travel policies .

Which would be best if I test positive?

Screenshot_20211209-112436_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211209-112111_Chrome.jpg

Whichever has the higher cap. The second listed seems to cover over 1 million baht, so probably that one.

Does anyone know if the Proof of recovery carries any weight with regard to a positive test on arrival?

The guidance online states the below referring to the before travel PCR. 

** If the applicant’s RT-PCR test result is positive, they must present a COVID-19 recovery form certifying that the applicant has recovered from COVID-19 within 3 months before their travel.

Basically im wondering whether if I tested positive in hotel on arrival - I wouldnt have to quarantine based on fact I have recovery certificate and fact that PCRS can remain positive for some time after recovery.  I was completely asymptomatic had a positive PCR in November but was never postive on a lateral flow. 

On 12/10/2021 at 7:28 PM, stu3uk said:

...The guidance online states the below referring to the before travel PCR. 

** If the applicant’s RT-PCR test result is positive, they must present a COVID-19 recovery form certifying that the applicant has recovered from COVID-19 within 3 months before their travel....

You forgot to post the link to the text you quoted. I tried but could not find a web page with that text.

https://www.google.com/search?q=If+the+applicant’s+RT-PCR+test+result+is+positive%2C+they+must+present+a+COVID-19+recovery+form&oq=If+the+applicant’s+RT-PCR+test+result+is+positive%2C+they+must+present+a+COVID-19+recovery+form&aqs=chrome..69i57.2660j0j4&client=ms-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

19 hours ago, Puccini said:

Hello

its from the Thailand Pass FAQS

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2

5 hours ago, stu3uk said:

Hello

its from the Thailand Pass FAQS

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2

That's interesting. So if the PCR test on arrival at the hotel in Thailand is positive and if I recovered from Covid-19 within three months before departure and have a medical certificate to confirm it, I must show this certificate.

What happens then? The FAQ does not say. Weird.

I want to know too and can't find information. i have a recovery certificate some 3 weeks now and saw i can enter thailand with this. but because you have to do a pcr test on arrival in the hotel or airport this can be positive again and this can be for weeks or even months. So what will happen, do you get quarantained in thailand or do they take note that you have that recovery certificate?