French man arrested in Bangkok after conning a string of Thai women in two year spree

webfact

Great, happy they caught him. Now the shoe is on the other foot as we often read about woman conning men now the other way around. 

There are a lot of scams going on also among Thais. Police must have a handful for these kind of things.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

Now in custody the police are expanding their inquiry into his affairs" deserves an award of some sort.

would that make the presiding officer somewhat of a 'charge de affairs' then ?

Edited by tonray
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Chopper Reid - Harden the f... up

- Gosh he had got fat.......although I think it was the stomach tumor growing that killed him.

They are funny in Ozy with their crim's, he killed at least 4 guys-- the Drug dealers Tax man = give us the money you made from drugs or we cut your toes off---- still No ! OK fingers next .

Then he ends up on Youtube and doing some adds----- just dont think that would happen in England.........:coffee1:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Now the shoe is on the other foot as we often read about woman conning men now the other way around. 

In a way that is true. But in another way it's not true.

It seems lots of guy do their best to give money to girls. Like: Please, stop working in that job and I will give you x every month. And I like to build that house for you to make you happy. And obviously I want that your family is happy...

Many guys somehow forget that when they first met their tilac that she told him he is a handsome guy. And she laughed about every stupid joke he made. And obviously she got paid for that. Did they really think she thought he is handsome?  Or was he aware that he paid her for lying to make him feel good? And then when she continued to lie to make him feel good at some stage he thought she betrayed him? Really? Was she not just doing a job?

I wonder if those betrayed women from the french guy acted similarly. Or if he actively conned them?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In a way that is true. But in another way it's not true.

It seems lots of guy do their best to give money to girls. Like: Please, stop working in that job and I will give you x every month. And I like to build that house for you to make you happy. And obviously I want that your family is happy...

Many guys somehow forget that when they first met their tilac that she told him he is a handsome guy. And she laughed about every stupid joke he made. And obviously she got paid for that. Did they really think she thought he is handsome?  Or was he aware that he paid her for lying to make him feel good? And then when she continued to lie to make him feel good at some stage he thought she betrayed him? Really? Was she not just doing a job?

I wonder if those betrayed women from the french guy acted similarly. Or if he actively conned them?

Oh yes i 100% agree with you, the guys did this themselves (often anyway). Its different then outright theft what the French guy did. Not that many men would admit that they have a part to play in the money they lost. You see on this forum topics of guys that find out that the car has an other loan on it (fraud) and stuff that is worse. But if willingly given then stupid them.

If you build a relationship based on money then make sure you dont pay to much. I have had a relation (first one ever) where i paid (thankfully not to much never a sin sod or anything) but the woman cheated on me a lot. Thai woman moved to Netherlands with me. I feel it was my mistake for being stupid, i fell for it. 

That was the first and last time i ever based a relation on money. Though paying for a bar girl for a night is a good thing, both get what they want and know what they get into.

This however is true fraud and the same goes for woman who actively scam guys. I wonder if its considered an active scam if you give your GF money for a house and later the relation breaks and you lose the money. My feeling says its a scam but on the other hand many relations just break down so it might not have been planned.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, robblok said:

This however is true fraud and the same goes for woman who actively scam guys. I wonder if its considered an active scam if you give your GF money for a house and later the relation breaks and you lose the money. My feeling says its a scam but on the other hand many relations just break down so it might not have been planned.

I am always amazed when some guys here write that their wife played a role for 10 years to then got all the money when they split up 10 years later? Really? Which Thai person thinks even one year ahead? What many guys somehow forget it that people change and people change their minds. If I am happy with a woman for a year that doesn't mean I will be happy with her for 10 years and more. And that is obviously also true the other way around. No, she didn't plan it all years in advance... 

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am always amazed when some guys here write that their wife played a role for 10 years to then got all the money when they split up 10 years later? Really? Which Thai person thinks even one year ahead? What many guys somehow forget it that people change and people change their minds. If I am happy with a woman for a year that doesn't mean I will be happy with her for 10 years and more. And that is obviously also true the other way around. No, she didn't plan it all years in advance... 

They call it the long con, on this forum. But like you said people change and not many plan that long ahead. People do change and many relationships end. That is a fact of life.

• Like 1