UPDATE: More than 20 foreign and Thai victims follow up on Pattaya bank staffer fraud case

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, lodstewart said:

The investors simply trusted the bank and the banks name. not the guy personally.

Very true... but is that sentiment enshrined in the law and liability... so far they have avoided paying out for 10 months.

20 hours ago, jacko45k said:

That site does well to ignore possible defamation charges on this story, which are extremely unlikely in this case. but at the same time are so paranoid that they do not allow anything posted that contains Thai! This includes music as they do not understand Thai and worry some material may be actionable. 

After a  bank scam costing me 40k I decided to go with the Japanese one here a few years ago., clueless staff but so far no major problems. 

• Like 1

yes and probably the bank will keep it going for a heck of a time, but in the end they will have to pay the damages,

Also in the way they are dealing with this , They themselves have caused irrepairable damage to thier business,

it is a foolish way to carry on really, as the trust in their name will never be recovered. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

perhaps they may have to liquidate even , given that no cusomer will feel safe depositing funds with them now.

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I talked to my lawyer gf about this yesterday, said need to go to court. Not sure what all this time wasting is

Isn't that process all rather lethargic here.... along with the well known tactic of not even showing up, so trials are rescheduled many months on? 

2 minutes ago, lodstewart said:

yes and probably the bank will keep it going for a heck of a time, but in the end they will have to pay the damages,

Also in the way they are dealing with this , They themselves have caused irrepairable damage to thier business,

it is a foolish way to carry on really, as the trust in their name will never be recovered. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

perhaps they may have to liquidate even , given that no cusomer will feel safe depositing funds with them now.

"perhaps they may have to liquidate even "

Sorry to say . but this case did me not make any doubt on my relation with that bank as in 13 years i had not one problem with them , but of course i would also never ever believe such a offer of 3.5% AT a MONTH INTEREST .

and it am sure this bank go survive this case even longer than our life expectations ....., as even i forgot it have happened unless now this update 

"perhaps they may have to liquidate even"    

????????

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I talked to my lawyer gf about this yesterday, said need to go to court. Not sure what all this time wasting is

The only way , so  why that bank would react.... as there seems not yet to be  a court case or legal claim ..... so obvious they not react !

Police report from bank to the culprit had reaction and verdict  because they went to court , so up now for the 20 to start that .

13 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Isn't that process all rather lethargic here.... along with the well known tactic of not even showing up, so trials are rescheduled many months on? 

that's a tactic ...... but now the 20 lost already a year by not starting a court case , a gift to the  adversary 

24 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

She's not mentioned that, goes to court every week. Isn't court action slow everywhere? dates change for various reasons but from the stories i hear court is the way to go and you get an outcome, not something to be afraid of.

One more interesting case was a health insurance dispute, company tried to bully the customer, it didn't go well for the company

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, david555 said:

"Wouldn’t any rational investor have insisted that bank official pitch this level of return in front of branch manager"

That part is 110% correct , says all about the "investors ???? " involved

the last  part is disputable.... 

"bank official using bank facilities for crime means BANK full resp. Not individual. 

“disputable” here yes, like everything in place of no real rules. No issue on any rational basis or in any advanced country. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

“disputable” here yes, like everything in place of no real rules. No issue on any rational basis or in any advanced country. 

Banks here should be self-regulating so self-investigatory….. but no …. because Thais and their Institutions have near zero self - responsibility for “face”,,,,,they will always inconvenience and cost their victims and wait to be taken to court….example: my house blue book was for the common pool…a deliberate Land Owner Fault & Fraud…..they fixed it ……at my expense of course..50k baht…..TIT

this bank go survive this case even longer than our life expectations

I do sincerely hope so sir, for the sake of your finances.

but this bank is certainly not familiar with the term,   'a sign of goodwill'

it certainly leaves a question mark over thier customer care

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Only a matter of time.  

if only comparing % way the 800K  start year ,  with my compensation from non frozen home country pension at 24% over the years it would reach very close too value  1 million instead , it is 13 years already same 800K 

Edited by david555
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, david555 said:

if only comparing the 800K  start year ,  with my compensation from non frozen home country pension it would reach very close too value  1 million instead , it is 13 years same 800K already  .

It can't stay at 800k forever, but as long as corruption allows agents to be used, and why wouldn't that continue, there's no need to even bring 800k into Thailand. 

Edited by Leaver
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, lodstewart said:

this bank go survive this case even longer than our life expectations

I do sincerely hope so sir, for the sake of your finances.

but this bank is certainly not familiar with the term,   'a sign of goodwill'

it certainly leaves a question mark over thier customer care

I personally have no complains about their customer care , so it seems different people , different experiences .

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Wait until you have any money go missing and come back and tell us how helpful they were

O.K.  then i will tell you if happens ???? ....untill then i am very satisfied with their K+ app and services ????Can not say the opposite after 13 years being client.....

Might happen if i also would start  believing golden opportunities who are to nice to be true ....

• Confused 1