UPDATE: More than 20 foreign and Thai victims follow up on Pattaya bank staffer fraud case

snoop1130

Just now, david555 said:

Because i say my opinion ....? whoho ,  i think something  is hurting .... because we just have difference in opinion 

Freedom of speech seems not your thing , so also not freedom of thoughts ...,just wait (long time it will be anyway ) and you shall see that what i say go be the bank lawyers defense and the judge verdict .... mark it on your wall 

Yes...it's your opinion. A very nastily expressed opinion.

The difference is your verbal diarrhea is totally made up and mocking in appearance; whereas I recall some of the victims specifically quoting that their 800k deposits were involved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

What is this claptrap? Is it even English?

Why, pray tell me, are you so filled with glee that people have lost their money? It looks a very ugly trait from where I am sitting.

What is happening in your life that makes you react in this way?

Do you not having family or friends who can advise you during these mental abberations?

Now you start about my Poor English .... now i  got it i understand you , your  reply say it all ......to understand the situation . 

i just stop reply on you .

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apparently the victims are protesting outside the bank, think it was 24th or 25th December, hopefully should make Pattaya News again.

Bank is hoping by ignoring it the problem will go away, thai style

I saw 24th...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its a bit tricky indeed this case, but if the deals were made in the bank and during banking hours then one can argue it was done under the banks guidance. It also depends what kind of things the foreigners signed was it on bank official paper or not stuff like that.

This is not so cut and dry it depends on a lot of things. But the ROI alone should have send out a lot of red flags. But people often love easy money and fall for traps like this, Thai and farang alike.

But the ROI alone should have send out a lot of red flags. 

That alone already  is the first point of remark to an individual  such high MONTHLY 3.5%   should already be the bank lawyers defense something those individuals would have understand that this was terrible wrong .....????

Can i sell them a piece of the moon too? "peanuts money" for a few acres , quick be the first ones  ????

Edited by david555

15 minutes ago, david555 said:

Now you start about my Poor English .... now i  got it i understand you , your  reply say it all ......to understand the situation . 

i just stop reply on you .

You have clearly made a bad impression with me. Your English is but one aspect.

My question was simply, why do you appear so filled with glee that others have lost their money?

Do you feel that somehow it will flow into your account and therefore you have reason to celebrate?

What is the reason for your mocking over-excitement at their misfortune?

Why the nasty comment suggesting that it might be people taking the agent route and instead investing their money?

Nasty, nasty, nasty....

9 hours ago, nausea said:

Apparently, the scam involved a maverick employee offering "special" deals at 3.5% interest a month - that's forty-two percent annual interest. Bit of a red flag there, methinks. Incidentally, the name of the bank is readily available on a google search.

I heard it is of a green colour. 

It's nearer 60% intrest per year assuming these astute investors did not withdraw the 3.5% every month if they did they only lost perhaps a portion of initial investment. 

Bigger problem was every member of staff in that branch should have been suspicious of his activities when every one only wants to deal with him manager especially 

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

But the ROI alone should have send out a lot of red flags. 

That alone already  is the first point of remark to an individual  such high MONTHLY 3.5%   should already be the bank lawyers defense something those individuals would have understand that  was terrible wrong .....????

Can i sell them a piece of the moon too? "peanuts money" for a few acres , quick be the first ones  ????

Nasty, nasty, nasty.....

You should already have learned something from your unpleasantly expressed opinions here.

These people were not looking at annual interest, since the money was to be available for their extensions.

So the scam was short term investment. 3.5% per month for the time when the money was not needed in the account would not sound unreasonable, especially if sold in a bank by a bank employee.

I would not go for it; but I also would not mock and deride anyone who did fall for it.

So why so nasty about it?

Edited by Bruno123
  • Like 2

Just now, Bruno123 said:

Nasty, nasty, nasty.....

You should already have learned something from your unpleasantly expressed opinions here.

These people were looking at annual interest, since the money was to be available for their extensions.

So the scam was short term investment. 3.5% per month for the time when the money was not needed in the account would not sound unreasonable, especially if sold in a bank by a bank employee.

I would not go for it; but I also would not mock and deride anyone who did fall for it.

So why so nasty about it?

I know it was not me you replied too. I agree with your sentiment but only if this was done in the bank with the person selling it in bank uniform on bank papers ect.

The fact that it was a bank employee makes it indeed sound more safe (but do we know if the transactions were done in the bank or not?)

But like you i would not go for it as most people with a bit of sense would find this dangerous, but then again if done in the bank that is really a mitigating circumstance. I mean it would make it seem far more plausible (but still)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I heard it is of a green colour. 

I have an account with them; though I don't go to the branch on the Central Pattaya Road as there has been some kind of road work going on outside.

Edited by Bruno123

53 minutes ago, khunPer said:

If you are offered 3.5 percent interest per month by a bank employee, you should be extremely suspicious, it's more than 42 percent a year, which don't fit at all with annual interest rates on loans around 10-20 percent or less; even 3.5 percent per year would be at the edge of reality during the past decade...:whistling:

In this day and age if you are offered 3.5 percent per year you should be extremely suspicious, although with rising inflation the zero interest genie may escape the bottle.  But it interest rates rise the entire banking house of card may blow up with it.  In other words, don't keep more money in a bank account then is insured by the Thai government. 

47 minutes ago, snowgard said:

If the assistent promote it as a bank deal and the investors got a contract on bank paper, ... from my view the bank has to be responsible. They have to control their staff. 

Also I am sure that other staff members had know also from this deals.

Let's wait what comes out!!!

The statues of limitation will have run out and the Red Bull heir will probably be back in Thailand before the bank is willing to answer.

• Like 1

Just now, robblok said:

I know it was not me you replied too. I agree with your sentiment but only if this was done in the bank with the person selling it in bank uniform on bank papers ect.

The fact that it was a bank employee makes it indeed sound more safe (but do we know if the transactions were done in the bank or not?)

But like you i would not go for it as most people with a bit of sense would find this dangerous, but then again if done in the bank that is really a mitigating circumstance. I mean it would make it seem far more plausible (but still)

I don't have an opinion about what happened either way. I am only commenting on the fact that is was people with 800k deposits who were affected and the rather nasty opinions of a particular member.

Literally roaring with laughter at the thought of people losing millions. What kind of person does that?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, freedomnow said:

So I guess there is no - like the UK's FSCA compensation - cover up to a certain amount in Thailand ?

You guess wrong.  The UK's FSCS provides limited protection if a bank fails and cannot pay it's customers, just as Thailand does.   The bank in question in the OP has not failed.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

That's why I check my bank accounts at least every month

and update them , dormant accounts can attract the bandits

that work IN the bank. people in debt at times like this can be

tempted.

regards Worgeordie

This is not about money go missing by bank doing that ..... they just made a terrible error to believe a very good deal and  what was not and  they signed ..... nothing about money disappearing .... they almost gave it away to that person by agreement in which way ever .....

court case is only way to clear this up 

3 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

The entire banking system is becoming suspect, I'm afraid.  Why would every bank agree to being a suspect? If the bank is unknown (unpublished) then any one of them is a possibility of where the culprit worked. Of course it could be that all of them are off the hook because the one is unknown.

The bank in question is not unknown, there are numerous articles on what happened.   The banks whose names do not begin with "Ka" won't give a toss.  Google.

1 hour ago, david555 said:

I am sure that the bank did not do anything wrong from their point of view and only the bank assistant is responsible for it.

That's it .... those "investors " did do  bussines with that individual ...., not with that bank  , the person in question misused their trust , not the bank..... greed is a bad advisor .... 

3.5% interest a month - that's forty-two percent annual interest.  Do they really believe also in Santa Claus or Father Christmas  stil too ????

Wouldn’t any rational investor have insisted that bank official pitch this level of return in front of branch manager……bank official using bank facilities for crime means BANK full resp. Not individual. 

12 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Wouldn’t any rational investor have insisted that bank official pitch this level of return in front of branch manager……bank official using bank facilities for crime means BANK full resp. Not individual. 

"Wouldn’t any rational investor have insisted that bank official pitch this level of return in front of branch manager"

That part is 110% correct , says all about the "investors ???? " involved

the last  part is disputable.... 

"bank official using bank facilities for crime means BANK full resp. Not individual. 

Edited by david555

For me, it demonstrates that the bank involved really has no honour. Whilst I have an account with them, I only use for the online facility and just keep a few satang with them these days. They surely realise, this must be doing extreme damage to their reputation.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ArcticFox said:

The assistant manager was an agent of the bank.  It's the bank's responsibly to make their customers whole again.  If these people are forced to take this to court and win - the bank should be outed.  Personally I'd want to know which bank it is so I could avoid them.

Kasikorn for God's sake, it's all over the internet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Kasikorn for God's sake, it's all over the internet.

Maybe, the bank are letting it all ride at the moment, rubbing their hands with glee. Thinking about all the defamation suits they can issue, in order to create a compensation fund for the victims 55

58 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

I have an account with them; though I don't go to the branch on the Central Pattaya Road as there has been some kind of road work going on outside.

I know the link in the OP says the bank is on Klang, but the original story back in February I am sure the branch was on Soi Buakhao.

• Thanks 1