UPDATE: More than 20 foreign and Thai victims follow up on Pattaya bank staffer fraud case

snoop1130

S__70623261-1024x768.jpg

More than 20 foreign and Thai victims have followed up at the Pattaya City Police Station this morning regarding the case of a Pattaya area bank branch assistant manager causing them to lose significant amounts of money due to alleged fraud and scams.

Multiple foreigners and their wives in Pattaya have filed reports to Pattaya police in February this year accusing a Pattaya area bank branch assistant manager of causing them to lose significant amounts of money due to alleged fraud and scams.

The main bank branch where the assistant manager worked also filed a report to Pattaya police stating that the bank branch assistant manager was jailed in February of this year for allegedly destroying important and proprietary bank documents.

Today, (December 9th), more than 20 foreign and Thai victims with their lawyers met with the new Pattaya City Police Chief Colonel Khunlachart Kunlachai.

One lawyer for the victims introduced to the press as Tom told the Pattaya News, “It has been almost a year of work on this case and attempting to get a financial resolution for the victims of this crime. We have tried repeatedly to contact the bank but have been given no updates or firm resolutions by their corporate office. ”

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/09/update-more-than-20-foreign-and-thai-victims-follow-up-on-pattaya-bank-staffer-fraud-case/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheScience said:

As much as the employee appears guilty the bank really should step up and make them whole. This fraud done entirely under the bank's roof and with it's name. It's 100% liable.

Absolutely, by someone who was at the time an employee and using books that had the bank name upon them. 

Here we are nearly a year later and the victims are still out of pocket. It should make one very wary of that bank, if not banks in general here....and they have just reduced their cover to 1mil/ client on the official side of things.

It is also only a matter of months since there was a run on many accounts based here, whereby multiple small withdrawals, claimed to be online purchases, were being processed as if hundreds of  expenditures of 178 baht within 10 minutes was not suspicious. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

The entire banking system is becoming suspect, I'm afraid.  Why would every bank agree to being a suspect? If the bank is unknown (unpublished) then any one of them is a possibility of where the culprit worked. Of course it could be that all of them are off the hook because the one is unknown.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Makes you wonder what the lawyers are doing, should at least have got updates. You really don't want to leave too much money in Thailand, if money goes missing there's a real risk the bank will just ignore you

Busy petitioning  females wearing pants in court.... priorities!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I guess they wont  mention the bank in case there are more cases and a run on the bank.

It was a bank employee who did this on his own organization ....example same as a broker , and so not the bank who did it , that is why it is a case against the individual !

And the greedy  put their foot in the trap ...., so it is that individual who they need to try to get their money back from , not the bank ????????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, TheScience said:

Agreed but you know this. Some Thai upcountry wife might simply think it's a great opportunity.

As much as the employee appears guilty the bank really should step up and make them whole. This fraud done entirely under the bank's roof and with it's name. It's 100% liable.

We all knew nothing would come of this right?

This is how the wealthy treat all Thai when cornered legally for compensation.

Ignore

"Agreed but you know this. Some Thai upcountry wife might simply think it's a great opportunity."

On picture you can see several foreigners i would say ????..... so compare that with your expression i quoted ....????

Must be some of those " investors" ???? who like more to invest / (agent route ) ....,than follow the correct way to keep 800K on their Thai bank for  ret. ext  ????

Edited by david555
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, snowgard said:

Because they don't want to pay !!! I am sure that the bank did not do anything wrong from their point of view and only the bank assistant is responsible for it.
The victims will likely have to sue the bank for damages. And then at least 10-15 years pass before the 3rd court instance.

I am sure that the bank did not do anything wrong from their point of view and only the bank assistant is responsible for it.

That's it .... those "investors " did do  bussines with that individual ...., not with that bank  , the person in question misused their trust , not the bank..... greed is a bad advisor .... 

3.5% interest a month - that's forty-two percent annual interest.  Do they really believe also in Santa Claus or Father Christmas  stil too ????

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

My thoughts are that if you were even as half as smart as you appear to think you are; you might have deduced that it is likely the other way around.

People with their 800k deposit in the bank who were duped into believing they would get monthly interest on their 800k.

People going the 'agent' route would not have that kind of money in their account and therefore would not be of any interest to a scammer.

My thoughts are that if you were even as half as smart as you appear to think you are; you might have deduced that it is likely the other way around.

Well you just stepped / slipped over the immigration rule that 5 month 's the money must be complete 800K...., and 7 months  400k complete , so that individual  could not have acces  to that money for that very generous deal of 

3.5% a month ..... so that  just wipes out your conclusion about it ...

I hope you are not one of those duped ones ????????

Edited by david555

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

Well you just stepped / slipped over the immigration rule that 5 month 's the money must be complete 800K...., and 7 months  400k complete , so that individual  could not have acces  to that money for that very generous deal of 

3.5% a month ..... so that  just wipes out your conclusion about it ...

I hope you are not one of those duped ones ????????

So what about the other seven months for the 800k, Brainiac? Monthly interest a clue for you?

No, not involved at all; thank you for asking.

Again, my thoughts? Being a nasty mocking Troll is just ugly. 

• Like 1

Just now, snowgard said:

If the assistent promote it as a bank deal and the investors got a contract on bank paper, ... from my view the bank has to be responsible. They have to control their staff. 

Also I am sure that other staff members had know also from this deals.

Let's wait what comes out!!!

"If "is the capital word .... proof is what is needed 

So example some 3 guys  make dresses and car as a money transporter / collector .....they  do that heist  that way and succeed ...

Now all the duped ones go claim the real company who is not involved in it for their losses ....????

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

So what about the other seven months for the 800k, Brainiac? Monthly interest a clue for you?

No, not involved at all; thank you for asking.

Again, my thoughts? Being a nasty mocking Troll is just ugly. 

Because i say my opinion ....? whoho ,  i think something  is hurting .... because we just have difference in opinion 

Freedom of speech seems not your thing , so also not freedom of thoughts ...,just wait (long time it will be anyway ) and you shall see that what i say go be the bank lawyers defense and the judge verdict .... mark it on your wall 

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

"If "is the capital word .... proof is what is needed 

So example some 3 guys  make dresses and car as a money transporter / collector .....they  do that heist  that way and succeed ...

Now all the duped ones go claim the real company who is not involved in it for their losses ....????

What is this claptrap? Is it even English?

Why, pray tell me, are you so filled with glee that people have lost their money? It looks a very ugly trait from where I am sitting.

What is happening in your life that makes you react in this way?

Do you not having family or friends who can advise you during these mental abberations?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Same bank, few years ago, wife noticed  significant sums of money drawn out of her savings account, held with bank in Nakhon Nowhere.   Checked with her bank,   yes money being  drawn out  via ATM  machine in Pattaya.  Wife doesnt have ATM card, doesnt trust them.

Asked the bank  how  could this happen, and reimburse her.  She was told   she would have to go to the bank in Pattaya  to  see about it, not their problem.

We    travelled  there,  no joy, bank refused to  look at the matter, insisted wife must have  taken money out herself.  They couldnt/wouldnt explain how that was possible as she  has never   had or used an ATM,  just doesnt trust them,, with  good reason... Back to Nakhon Nowhere, she closed her account, I   withdrew  my  Visa  holding money, plus my own savings account.  Bank Manager  cried, wept, gnashed his teeth.  Too bloody bad.

• Like 2