best engine oil for mazda cx-5

sibille

hello - what is the best engine oil for my mazda cx-5 2.2 turbo-diesel AWD/XDL - 2014 - where to buy for the best price? thanks alot!

สวัสดี - น้ำมันเครื่องที่ดีที่สุดสำหรับ mazda cx-5 2.2 turbo-diesel AWD/XDL ของฉันคืออะไร - 2014 - ซื้อราคาที่ดีที่สุดได้ที่ไหน ขอบคุณมาก!

Google tells me your vee-hicle requires 0-20W diesel synthetic.  Go to Big C or any large retail outlet and find the CHEAPEST no name brand 0-20W synthetic diesel oil you can.

99% chance it came from the same hole in the ground as the most expensive one you can find with the same additives but a brand name label.

And if it didn't, it will still be fine anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PJPom said:

Oil is a minor cost compared with overall running costs and note from previous poster regarding spark plugs, you don't have any in a Diesel engine

That's funny - as a teenager working part time at a gas station my boss (Clem, may he rest in peace in that great workshop in the sky) told me with an extremely straight face that "they haven't yet invented an engine that I can't squeeze another quart of oil into or charge for a new set of spark plugs".

• Confused 2

I commented earlier that engine oil cost is minimal in the overall running costs of a car. To purchase a litre of diesel or petrol is currently around thirty baht a litre, this will give you approximately 10 to 15 kilometres of travel, four litres of the most expensive, branded engine oil will not cost more than two thousand baht and will protect the engine for at least fifteen thousand kilometres, as I said , minimal compared to all other costs associated with distance traveled.

6 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

it would appear there are very few eruldite contributors to this thread that comprehend the meaning of urine extraction.

Yes - A few of them would have struggled in the workshop I did my apprenticeship in. Lots of taking the p.ss, some were sent out for left handed screwdrivers, 6 feet of short circuits, tins of striped paint, a long weight from Avery Scales & that type of thing. Guess it's called bullying or harassment nowadays. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, PJPom said:

I commented earlier that engine oil cost is minimal in the overall running costs of a car. To purchase a litre of diesel or petrol is currently around thirty baht a litre, this will give you approximately 10 to 15 kilometres of travel, four litres of the most expensive, branded engine oil will not cost more than two thousand baht and will protect the engine for at least fifteen thousand kilometres, as I said , minimal compared to all other costs associated with distance traveled.

i think at the most 15,000k, not the least, i would change at 10,000k or 10 months regardless

It's not necessarily about the cost of motor oil - but if I can save money with motor oil, I can buy more noodle soups, which are known to only cost around 25 to 50 baht! and noodle soups also support MY body-engine for quite a while!

(photo taken at one of the best noodle-shops in northern thailand - maesalong! - https://goo.gl/maps/2X1Hk3qznLTqHqHW6 )

IMG_9960.jpeg

Edited by sibille

11 minutes ago, sibille said:

It's not necessarily about the cost of motor oil - but if I can save money with motor oil, I can buy more noodle soups, which are known to only cost around 25 to 50 baht! and noodle soups also support MY body-engine for quite a while!

(photo taken at one of the best noodle-shops in northern thailand - maesalong! - https://goo.gl/maps/2X1Hk3qznLTqHqHW6 )

IMG_9960.jpeg

But skimping on the most important part of an engine, the oil, could cost you more than your whole  food cart.  ????

Am I correct in saying your engine requires synthetic oil, if that is the case, then that superior oil type is critical for that engine to survive.

As I pointed out, B-Quik are doing some good deals on oil and filters, they do they job too, all in the price...????

• Like 1