Is post-Test & Go antigen test optional?

david_je

Upon leaving my Test & Go hotel, I was given an antigen kit by hotel reception, asked to use it in a week and email result back to hotel. But she said it as if it was not a serious matter whether I did it or not. Are these tests entirely optional? Or do they become part of formal test record that I need? If optional, since I have had two PCR tests in the past 10 days, I'd prefer to save the kit for a time when I might need it.  Thanks.

My advice - test as asked and report the result. Anyway it's good to check at 5 days as you can be more sure that you did not pick up the virus in transit . . . . .

Antigen, lateral flow, ATK tests, are I think, the same thing, but you can purchase at 7/11, Mr DIY etc for a pittance. I test regularly - I visited Korat to see Friends last week, some of whom have health problems. I tested before I went and when I got back to Chantaburi.

I don't live in fear of it BUT do what I can to protect myself and others. It's no big deal, wearing a mask and testing yourself etc. ATB

Edited by TorquayFan
correcting a word
  • Haha 1

Taking the test and reporting the results are mandatory. However, you are supposed to report your results by uploading them to the Mor Channa app, and the app does not have that functionality, so there's no way to report them. Some people have been emailing a photo to the hotel. It's not clear what they expect the hotel to do with that information. In other words, there is no way for them to know whether you took it or not. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

Taking the test and reporting the results are mandatory. However, you are supposed to report your results by uploading them to the Mor Channa app, and the app does not have that functionality, so there's no way to report them. Some people have been emailing a photo to the hotel. It's not clear what they expect the hotel to do with that information. In other words, there is no way for them to know whether you took it or not. 

Thanks for reply. Can you point to regulation where they say it is mandatory and supposed to upload to Mor Channa, etc.? My hotel said to email it, but again, in very nonchalant way, suggesting it would not matter much if done or not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, david_je said:

Thanks for reply. Can you point to regulation where they say it is mandatory and supposed to upload to Mor Channa, etc.? My hotel said to email it, but again, in very nonchalant way, suggesting it would not matter much if done or not.

I wouldn't be fussed with it or worry about it. You have already done at least two accurate PCR tests.

Thousands walking around totally not caring or vaccinated.

Upon leaving our ‘Test&Go’ hotel we were given our Rapid Lateral Flow Tests (ATK) and that was that... we were not given any further information, the hotel didn’t really know what to do either !!!... 

We took the tests (negate) but didn’t even bother to send the info anywhere.

A lot of the ‘covid’ requirements are nothing other than ‘theatre’.... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, david_je said:

The requirement for the day 6-7 ATK was in the Royal Gazette announcement of the Test & Go program, but didn't specify what to do with the result. MFA subsequently started saying that it should be uploaded to Mor Chana, and hotels have been echoing that, apparently never having looked at the app and seen that it has no upload function.

Given that absurd history, I'm not sure it's up to us, the travelers, to figure out how to reform the system. I took the test, photographed the result, and then did nothing with it.

6 hours ago, david_je said:

Regulations, no. 

This was in the kit I got from the hotel. 

image.png.5bd684cad6a80ca14fe75ffa57247a1e.png

This was from TAT when I was working through all the requirements before I left. 
image.png.9d21a887aec13749154ddba9f9c79b12.png

But as it's not possible to upload it and they have no working procedure to record the results anywhere, what difference does it make?

If you are going to worry about it, take the test and send the results to the hotel. Otherwise, just forget about it. 

Perhaps the alert message was intended to include instructions how to upload the test result and perhaps no alert messages are sent out because upload on the app is not possible.

Therefore,

1. if you receive no alert, no action is required;

2. if you receive an alert but see no way to upload the result on the app, no action is required. Just keep a photo of the result, to show in the unlikely event that you are hunted down.

On 12/12/2021 at 3:07 AM, Polar Bear said:

Regulations, no. 

This was in the kit I got from the hotel. 

image.png.5bd684cad6a80ca14fe75ffa57247a1e.png

This was from TAT when I was working through all the requirements before I left. 
image.png.9d21a887aec13749154ddba9f9c79b12.png

But as it's not possible to upload it and they have no working procedure to record the results anywhere, what difference does it make?

If you are going to worry about it, take the test and send the results to the hotel. Otherwise, just forget about it. 

Still in US waiting to come back. I've installed the Morchanna app, and it fails everytime on registration after scanning the Thaipass registration. I've read most people have the same issue, but have never seen anyone explain what the fix is. Surely someone has been able to get through it? Tried every combination, of take everything as presented, to manually filling in ever line. nothing works so far.

Your ThaiPass isn't valid until the day you arrive and it isn't activated until you get here. You are supposed to download the app when you get to the hotel and then scan your Thai Pass QR code.

I already had the app installed, but I didn't try to scan the QR code until I got to the hotel. It worked fine and automatically connected up with my test & go PCR test progress.

I think you just need to be patient and wait until you get here.