Pattaya Immigration office rammedHundreds of people queuing outside today

The Hammer2021

On 12/13/2021 at 7:20 AM, david555 said:

Are you sure agents can go straight inside now  in immigration  their Omicron fear time ?..... might be ...????

But now an opportunity  for agents to charge extra for  "que Omicron danger time".... ????????

Last year my agent sent me on a bike-taxi to Immigration for my picture to be taken. Someone from inside took my picture from a window while I was standing on a trash heap outside at the rear of the building. At the same time the taxi boy handed over a heap of passports (through the small window).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It was a fair and reasonable  assumption  based on previous patterns. Nobody  was babbling or trying to be super smart. They were just being helpful. 

Really?

2 holidays last week pretty dumb to show up today sounds like poor planning.

or:

because all the geniuses go on Monday I guess ?

it's hard for a genius to improve when so old...

Very helpful indeed ????

The "helpful" "assumptions on previous patterns" were proven wrong, as you can easily see at the pictures of other days.

Edited by JustAnotherHun

2 hours ago, JackGats said:

Last year my agent sent me on a bike-taxi to Immigration for my picture to be taken. Someone from inside took my picture from a window while I was standing on a trash heap outside at the rear of the building. At the same time the taxi boy handed over a heap of passports (through  theway  small window).

A Solution ....but not going inside anyway ....but priotized in a way.... and you needed to be there for the picture anyway 

'Last year my agent sent me on a bike-taxi to Immigration for my picture to be taken. Someone from inside took my picture from a window while I was standing on a trash heap outside at the rear of the building. At the same time the taxi boy handed over a heap of passports (through the small window)'.

Sounds hilarious. However, got the job done!

Edited by The Fugitive
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

'Last year my agent sent me on a bike-taxi to Immigration for my picture to be taken. Someone from inside took my picture from a window while I was standing on a trash heap outside at the rear of the building. At the same time the taxi boy handed over a heap of passports (through the small window)'.

Sounds hilarious. However, got the job done!

Using an agent, its been like this for a long long time.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Really?

or:

Very helpful indeed ????

The "helpful" "assumptions on previous patterns" were proven wrong, as you can easily see at the pictures of other days.

So what is your point. Nobody was getting paid to be helpful.  You weren't being  cheated or mislead. A very reasonable  explanation  based on past experience was provided.  It transpires a  new queueing system has been introduced combined with other external  factors.

Calm down. You have no reason to be so wound up. lol

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, thai006 said:

When I see that kind of pic I’m say to myself I’m lucky to live in khon kaen. Today another extension 30 minute  finish ????????

In my province I am in and out in 10 minutes. There's never any other foreigner there.

3 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

In my province I am in and out in 10 minutes. There's never any other foreigner there.

I hear you. I usually get my stuff done really quickly.  A 90 day report  in a few minutes. I have never seen such a queue before. I think they are keeping more people outside to stop them waiting inside the office for health reasons

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Although  the queue looks large the 90 day report were being done in batches on the right.  Basically  it means 90 day reporters don't have to enter the confined space of the office. But how long did 90 day reports take that day?

Just use an agent

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Went for 90 day yesterday aft ,handed in passport sat outside 10 mins then got it back ,all finished,by the way the Q didnt look that long .

15 minutes for me today. The queue for non 90 day business looked long at 2.15. A mobile toilet unit parked on the road is never a good sign. There were some hot tempers on show, an elderley American chap looked at the end of his tether. Tough times for many. The staff sure earn their money; I wouldn't want their job.

• Like 1

For the guys still doing their 90 days in person at Jomtien, which I've always done, I decided to try and switch to the updated online system the other day and it went without a hitch. A few minutes set-up with an instant successful registration confirmation and application pending email. Then evening of the same day I got back another email with the new 90 day slip. You can do it up to 14 days before expiry of your 90 day due date which I did in case of any initial hitches/delays, but as I say it was done and dusted same day.

I'd recommend it now.

Edited by kinyara
Spelling error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2022 at 4:36 PM, champers said:

15 minutes for me today. The queue for non 90 day business looked long at 2.15. A mobile toilet unit parked on the road is never a good sign. There were some hot tempers on show, an elderley American chap looked at the end of his tether. Tough times for many. The staff sure earn their money; I wouldn't want their job.

A hot temper with Thai officials 555 A great way to get things done...NOT !

20 minutes ago, kinyara said:

For the guys still doing their 90 days in person at Jomtien, which I've always done, I decided to try and switch to the updated online system the other day and it went without a hitch. A few minutes set-up with an instant successful registration confirmation and application pending email. Then evening of the same day I got back another email with the new 90 day slip. You can do it up to 14 days before expiry of your 90 day due date which I did in case of any initial hitches/delays, but as I say it was done and dusted same day.

I'd recommend it now.

Thanks...I'm gonna give it a try! Did you use an app?

or Which  browser  did you use.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, kinyara said:

I'd recommend it now.

Is the old one still working, where no registration is required? Simply fill in a load of details and get instant approval and print off your own slip? Never had much faith in using emails here......

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Is the old one still working, where no registration is required? Simply fill in a load of details and get instant approval and print off your own slip? Never had much faith in using emails here......

No idea sorry,  I'd never tried online before but the current situation plus the positive reports of the new update I read in the Visa section persuaded me.

• 2 weeks later...

I was there that day. TM-30. One motorbike taxi guy was right in front. And I've seen others later. And I saw someone handing several passports over. I would have used the online system, but ran out of time to get a user approved with the right documents submitted.

I braved the queues one more time, but now I'm not doing it anymore. The agent brought me to a place where she could get the facade of immigration behind me in the photo of me. Apparently it was important to prove I'd been there.

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...