British Airways suspends all flights to Bangkok until Oct 2022

webfact

15 minutes ago, Chivas said:

One point though (and they're far from awful just another internet myth perpetuated this last 20 years that has now become an internet fact instead)

If you're in the air and the aircraft goes Tech what airline and flight crew would you want to be on to give you the best possible chance of getting safely to the ground.............................British Airways every time.

Now imagine you're on Thai International with Somchai and his bike spanners

Sure, wouldn't disagree with that.

• Like 2

Silly thing came to mind... you hear all the time of people being picked up on overstay.

Immigration website states  You will then be held in the IDC ( Immigration Detention Center ) until you can arrange for a ticket on a direct flight back to your own country.  

So some maybe will be held for many months in IDC ?

Edited by ignis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Dread rude staff.

only been once, came here on Garuda Airline it was very good, 6 weeks later returning to UK my booking had been changed to BA, [something about Garuda banned from Europe] my economy seat was upgraded to 1st class,, staff were fine in 1st class

4 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

They must have taken a long hard look at the prospects for any resurgence in tourism here...

And not just any recovery in Tourism for Thailand, but could also include other Nations in S E Asia..

BKK is a hub for many other Tourist destinations in S E Asia, and some folk choose to spend a night or two in BKK before an onward journey to other S E Asia Countries, so Thailand will also loose the revenue stream from those people.

3 minutes ago, wombat said:

confused asks..
.isnt BA a Spanish owned company?
what do our pom bros have to do with this?

Again it is a PLC, owned under IAG. It is owned mainly by shareholders, although I believe Qatar own a chunk.

IAG Chairman is Spanish.

Edited by jacko45k

17 minutes ago, transam said:

What are you on about...?  ???? 

I was on about that first people are all commenting how bad it is for Thailand (and loving that misery) but not thinking about the trouble it causes for those who booked. The comments should first be directed to BA (I wrongly assumed was British) but that does not really matter. Point was more that all were commenting (before my first comment about Thailand and enjoying the misfortune) instead of having it out for the airline who inconveniences the travelers. Seems people rather put Thailand down then to complain about the airline. 

Is that clear enough for you ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Most informed British travelers avoided BA.

Yep, I was a gold oneworld member for years but the service went downhill over time with all their costcutting. Emirates <deleted>s all over BA - If only they offered a direct service from the UK

4 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

BA have been Spanish owned for some time, it's not a British company

untrue. IAG is the owner, listed on the LSE in London (2nd listing MAdrid and Nyse as Adr) ,

Headquarter is in London( registeroffice  in madrid but its multinational anglo-spanish company), mayority shareholder Qatar and many smaller instituional investors like blackrock,tempelton  and the rest is owned widely spread.,no major spanish shareholders

....but by the way who want fly BA

Edited by lapamita

Can't understand why it would be because of lack of passengers - I flew early December to BKK from UK via Dubai and both flights were full.

Although maybe tourists are put off by the Thai pass conditions - can't be a comforting thought that you might fly to Thailand with Thai Pass then test positive for Covid at the one night quarantine hotel and then have to spend most of the rest of your 2 week holiday there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

Can't understand why it would be because of lack of passengers

Well perhaps BA have seen low demand already and, as France just did, UK tourists will be restricted from travel!  Can't see many wanting to head to the UK either. It's The Doomsday Prophesy.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, misterphil said:

KLM ????

Yea not that I care much about it.. that is me im no nationalist you can complain all you want about my country as it has many faults. I don't see myself as my country or get pride from my country. Sorry that wont work for me.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, misterphil said:

KLM ????

At least they kept flying the whole epidemic ...., just not every day anymore but 3 times a week , later again every day almost ,.....in shared system, flights cargo coming in  passengers taking out , or in  reverse way 

????

Thai Airways will be extremely happy about this announcement, and the removal of any opposition for what few tourists there are next year.

Never had an issue with BA before, I started using them again i recent years as they were the cheapest option.

I am intending to get back to the family in January, so really does not effect me as long as Thai airways is still flying.

5 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

BA have been Spanish owned for some time, it's not a British company

Also big shares owned by a Spanish company on the tarmac they take off from, nothing to do with us Brits lol

• Like 1

BA were among the first to cut BKK and run - they'll now be among the last to 'restart' I expect.

As one of 3 the direct fliers, BA have so far been my default carrier and I always got a very good price. Booked from Thailand Thai and Eva much more expensive. With BA an old plane and entertainment system but if you were close to the Galley, an ongoing feast of snacks was available ! Disappointing - maybe the pandemic will still be around by Oct 2022 - I hope not !

This year I used Finnair who were by and large, excellent at a good price - but 14 hours or so . . . .

• Like 1

Just now, Jiggo said:

Also big shares owned by a Spanish company on the tarmac they take off from, nothing to do with us Brits lol

So you do not have your own airline anymore ?....., any other international flying one ? ????