British Airways suspends all flights to Bangkok until Oct 2022

webfact

25 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

A bit more difficult now for the uber-rich British tourists to get here.

Which airline will be the next one to cancel?

Any other ideas TAT?

????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

Eventually the reduced international travel will result in the near collapse of the airline industry

Yeah, the long-haul, international self-loading freight (leisure and business) faces significant hurdles in a long, long term recovery.

Domestic airlines are faring better, certainly in the U.S.

International air-cargo has worked out well for some operators.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Where a customer’s flight is cancelled, we always contact them to offer options including a full refund.  Customers who are unable to travel, or choose not to, can also continue to change their flights or request a voucher for future use as part of our Book with Confidence policy, which has been available since the beginning of the pandemic.”

I would argue a book with confidence program involve no risk of flight cancellation. 

Hope they don’t take ‘months’ to refund like all other carriers have during Covid. 

An airline which does this looses loyalty as future confidence in the carrier wanes. 

Meanwhile other carriers offer reliable solutions (i.e. Finn / Emirates/ Qatar), not direct, but reliable. 

Does this also mean the UK thinks Thailand is going to remove it from the Covid green list ??? 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I would argue a book with confidence program involve no risk of flight cancellation. 

Hope they don’t take ‘months’ to refund like all other carriers have during Covid. 

An airline which does this looses loyalty as future confidence in the carrier wanes. 

Meanwhile other carriers offer reliable solutions (i.e. Finn / Emirates/ Qatar), not direct, but reliable. 

Does this also mean the UK thinks Thailand is going to remove it from the Covid green list ??? 

When EVA Cancelled my flight for Cabin Crew Strike action, had to APPLY on their website for a Refund ! Not Automatic. Paid in few days though.  
Lufthansa offer best overall one -stop flight LDN - BKK via Europe in my experience. Hear Etihad via Abu Dhabi is best overall.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kwasaki said:

My family are now booked for October as February flight cancelled.

I had a family group of friends coming back early Jan, not sure what they are going to do yet, the daughter is due back in school here to, hope they manage another arrangement they are bringing me back some "sugar puffs" or should I say "Honey Monster Puffs" breakfast cereal, one of my favourites, lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I had a family group of friends coming back early Jan, not sure what they are going to do yet, the daughter is due back in school here to, hope they manage another arrangement they are bringing me back some "sugar puffs" or should I say "Honey Monster Puffs" breakfast cereal, one of my favourites, lol

There's 4 that were coming other flights are a ridiculous return cost. 

My daughter gets concessions for her and family because she use to work for BA.

My middle son will probably find another way and come on his own we haven't seen each other in person over forty years.

11 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Pretty soon, the only way to get here will be by tramp steamer.

As long  i can get out of Th. in 3th quarter2022 i am relieved ????

( KLM kept flying in and out the whole epidemic using the  combination cargo & passenger ...., and not anymore daily but anyway several times a week )

Edited by david555