Covid no match for Thailand, govt has enough vaccines, no need to go private: Anutin

webfact

4 hours ago, meechai said:

Says the Health Minister<sic> who was barred entry into Switzerland as he was found lacking in vaccine quality 555

Silly question, is this the same guy arrested and spent time in Aussie jail for drug importation???

PN must be so proud

l

no loss of face for this government 555555555

Edited by Marley01

1 hour ago, Swampy999 said:

"Next year there was tons of vaccine available" Next year? And so the debacle continues.

Yes, 2022 is 14 days from now. 

Or perhaps you're referring to an insignificant and easily understood typo (or error in a translation) from a Thai language report?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that Covid couldn't beat the Thai health service that he heads. 

"It's no match for our doctors", he boomed.

Next year there was tons of vaccine available, he said. You'd be able to get 3, 4 or even five doses of "government vaccine". 

There was absolutely no need to "go private" (and pay for it) he spouted in his speech.

Everytime he opens his mouth and put both feet in it he is hit by a never ending avalanche. <shut up>!!!!!

Edited by AussieinThaiJim

I got my Pfizer doses in the US.  I know where I will need to get my booster: A private hospital and I will have to pay for it.  This is not a problem for me because I have lived in LOS for years and expect very little from the host nation.  At this point the fact my online 90 day report was approved in less than a day makes the entire year of 2021 a win.  

Edited by sqwakvfr

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that Covid couldn't beat the Thai health service that he heads. 

"It's no match for our doctors", he boomed.

Arrogance and hubris on display.

Something similar to General Custer's last words probably I suspect.

He only missed the "We've got the virus just where we want it!" hollow boast.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I got my Pfizer doses in the US.  I know where I will need to get my booster: A private hospital and I will have to pay for it.  This is not a problem for me because I have lived in LOS for years and expect very little from the host nation.  At this point the fact my online 90 day report was approved in less than a day makes the entire year of 2021 a win.  

Do you know any Hospital who sells  Pfizer booster shots at the moment ?

46 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

What an absolute boob! Every time this man opens his mouth, he puts his foot in it. It’s just incredible that an absolutely incompetent guy like that is trusted with such an important position. 

"It’s just incredible that an absolutely incompetent guy billionaire like that ............"

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Judging him on his past comments, he'd be better keeping his <deleted> trap shut !

He can't keep it shut,  he believes that thousands of Thai people died, on his watch, because he was so clever. Take a bow sir and give youself a 9mm cocktail 

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Correct. 

So, pray tell - why was he denied entry? The fact that 2 Sinovac and one booster of Astrazeneca were not deemed "sufficient"  would seem to indicate that:-

(a)  One or the other is lacking in "quality", or

(b) The Minister of Health for Thailand should have known the requirements before travelling.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Marco100 said:

Do you know any Hospital who sells  Pfizer booster shots at the moment ?

None that I know of but Moderna is available in CNX.  I am considering buying a Moderna booster unless the US shortens the booster time to 3 months from the 2nd shot.  

"Next year there was tons of vaccine available, he said. You'd be able to get 3, 4 or even five doses of "government vaccine"."

I wonder what percentage of it will be Chinese? One particular report I read recently said that the lack of effectiveness of Chinese vaccines led to many people refusing to take them, and consequently thousands/millions of doses are now close to or past their "use by" date.

7 hours ago, lujanit said:

Whether you believe this or not is entirely dependent if you believe the daily covid figures put out by this so called government.  I don’t.

I would believe them more if they would also post the number of people tested each day so we can see the infection rate.

• Like 1