Covid no match for Thailand, govt has enough vaccines, no need to go private: Anutin

webfact

19 hours ago, sambum said:
On 12/18/2021 at 12:31 PM, itsari said:

Nothing to do with quality of the vaccines Anutin had . Check your facts before you spout .

So why was he denied a visa? Nothing to do with the fact that the vaccines that he had taken were not acceptable/good enough for him to be granted one for that particular conference/country?

If Switzerland was concerned about the quality of Sinovac and Sinopharm why do they list them as approved vaccines for entry to the country just as Pfizer, Moderna AZ, J&J, etc. are similarly approved?

19 hours ago, Kadilo said:
20 hours ago, sambum said:

So why was he denied a visa? Nothing to do with the fact that the vaccines that he had taken were not acceptable/good enough for him to be granted one for that particular conference/country?

Correct. 

Correct, it was nothing to do with the quality of his vaccinations being unacceptable.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sambum said:
20 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Correct. 

So, pray tell - why was he denied entry? The fact that 2 Sinovac and one booster of Astrazeneca were not deemed "sufficient"  would seem to indicate that:-

(a)  One or the other is lacking in "quality", or

(b) The Minister of Health for Thailand should have known the requirements before travelling.

Why don't you just search the requirements for entry into Switzerland and then stop promulgating the false assertion that Switzerland considers the Sino vacs as "insufficient" for entry or "lacking in quality"?

As for why he didn't go, ask him, no one here will know the reason for that but it's easy for everyone here to check if Switzerland has approved Sinovac and Sinopharm.

18 hours ago, natway09 said:

Most vaccinated with far better stuff than the rubbish he was so proud to use here from China .

Has he contracted, been hospitalised or died from Covid as a result of receiving Sinovac?  No, obviously, he hasn't, neither have millions of others. 

Have thousands died after being vaccinated by the "far better stuff" that you refer to?  Er, yes.    

So much for your "rubbish" vaccine claim.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, meechai said:

Neither of those links state that Sinovac was not approved, or of dubious quality, as so many posters are trying to say.  The links refer to the mix of vaccines after the AZ booster as not being acceptable.    Sinovac is fully approved by Switzerland for entry to the country.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Jeez...no, it wasn't.  It's very easy to check which vaccines Switzerland has approved, why don't you try it?!

Changed after Anutin had asked for his entry visa . Many countries changed around the same time . Why dont you try that ?

• Haha 1

If Switzerland was concerned about the quality of Sinovac and Sinopharm why do they list them as approved vaccines for entry to the country just as Pfizer, Moderna AZ, J&J, etc. are similarly approved?

There is no mention of quality . There is a question on mixing vaccines thqt has since been accepted by many countries including Switzerland 

6 minutes ago, itsari said:

There is no mention of quality .

I know that there isn't but there is as far as some posters here are concerned!   "Chinese rubbish" and all that similar garbage sentiment.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

The fact that elections have to be fixed , opposition removed , online critics silenced , all suggest that yes , a majority of Thais feel the same way .

It seems that you really know a lot what Thai people think about election...

On 12/18/2021 at 11:42 AM, CRUNCHER said:

There is a saying that goes that when people think you are a fool it is best to keep your mouth shut and keep the guessing rather than open it and remove all doubt.

I first heard it like this, thirty or forty years ago:  "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

I'm not sure, but I think this quote came from Mark Twain.

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Jeez...no, it wasn't.  It's very easy to check which vaccines Switzerland has approved, why don't you try it?!

Why was his chartered Thai Airways jet full of family and friends denied entry?

I Know Sinovac is okay.

Whatever, the screwup cost the taxpayers millions of dollars because that "Health Minister" doesn't know the proper health protocols to enter a country.

He's extremely unpopular amongst Thais and expats.

I'm sure this bafoons gaff just reinforces that sentiment.

THAILAND

"Public Health Minister barred entry to Switzerland over vaccine requirements"

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/public-health-minister-barred-entry-to-switzerland-over-vaccine-requirements

Edited by MrJ2U

I wonder where thailands vaccines and tests have come from for them to be better than the whole world at beating covid. Cause last check they said the better vaccines were from Leading countries… nice comment anyway, people are allowed to dream…. Hahaha

On 12/17/2021 at 10:51 PM, Saanim said:

Do you truly believe that your views are the same as the views of Thai people? 

Yes. 99.6% of the people I speak with, from all walks of life, now despise this toxic leadership, like never before. They make one blunder after another. They are willfully sabotaging the once vital industry of tourism. They are spectacularly incompetent. They are franchisees. The level of corruption is beyond even what we saw under Thaksin I, who was a far better leader than Cha Cha, who was, and is a horrendously poor choice for a PM. He has NO leadership ability. 

WireAP_f2d5e865bde74bae9daa81a5434caea9_16x9_992.jpg

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:
On 12/18/2021 at 1:51 PM, Saanim said:

Do you truly believe that your views are the same as the views of Thai people? 

Yes. 99.6% of the people I speak with, from all walks of life, now despise this toxic leadership, like never before.

Better be careful who is that 0.4%.

• Confused 1

He should be transferred into inactive post already a year ago..I feel sorry for Thailand that these brainless government is ruling. It is proven already that the country is going backwarths day by day instead of recovering. Yes the Government has vaccines enough, but started with a lot of bad working vaccines, than they couldn't produce enough of a better one, and people started to pay for the good ones in private hospitals. The Government delayed and delayed because they only want the vaccines they bought for the people, Now suddenly they changed and Pfizer was added and they mix and mix, without knowing with what results...Now Omicron is a new threat but first they have a priority for the holiday season and after that with the knowledge of now probably a lot of new cases with new restrictions. Anutin does not read the news of the rest of the world??    Yes indeed maybe a fouth or a five jab is needed, because they don't know with their mixing vaccines if, which or how long the people are protected

Edited by ikke1959
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. 99.6% of the people I speak with, from all walks of life, now despise this toxic leadership, like never before. They make one blunder after another. They are willfully sabotaging the once vital industry of tourism. They are spectacularly incompetent. They are franchisees. The level of corruption is beyond even what we saw under Thaksin I, who was a far better leader than Cha Cha, who was, and is a horrendously poor choice for a PM. He has NO leadership ability. 

WireAP_f2d5e865bde74bae9daa81a5434caea9_16x9_992.jpg

Do you truly believe that the 99.6% of people you speak with is a representative sample of 70 mil. Thai population? 

BTW, how you speak with them?

7 hours ago, Saanim said:

Do you truly believe that the 99.6% of people you speak with is a representative sample of 70 mil. Thai population? 

BTW, how you speak with them?

He doesn't, he just complains very loudly and rudely at them. embarrassing all nearby both Thai and any poor foreigner that is within earshot.

i have watched it repeatedly and is truly embarrassing .

On 12/18/2021 at 4:08 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Don't be fooled by silence. I, and more specifically my Thai wife, knows of no-one with anything less than utter contempt for any member of the current government. They also know that there is no way to remove it as it re-wrote the constitution after stealing power from the elected government to ensure its military friends would always give it the balance of power. As we have seen in the past year or two, protests in the streets have achieved precisely nothing, and nor will they.

In Chiang khan? It’s a pretty small one horse village and I’d put money on the audience being hand picked.