My first 90 day report after retirement visa.. Do i have to go or is their an Amnesty?

Since this is the OP's first report after a 'retirement visa', what's the opinion on the OP being able to successfully use the new-fangled, online 90-day reporting system?

There was always that grey area under the old online system where the first report after re-entering the country with a new TM7 would fail (for some or most) and the walk-in, personal report was required.

Unless the OP can clarify if he is on a new visa acquired recently overseas OR on an new extension of a previous retirement extension issued locally, it's even harder to give precise answers.

19 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Since this is the OP's first report after a 'retirement visa', what's the opinion on the OP being able to successfully use the new-fangled, online 90-day reporting system?

It has been a requirement for some time that the first report has to be done in person. The problem is that immigration would not have a record of a previous 90 day report.

After entering the country they would see on the online report that recent entry to the country and the could verify that in their records.

Since the OP wrote amnesty in his post I don't think he was referring to his first report. I assumed he thought that 90 day reports were not required now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bell1234 said:

I'm confused as if i have to go or not and if i don't have to report because of Amnesty then when is the next time i have too? Thanks.

You have to do the 90 report, no amnesty and certainly reason not too.

However if it's the first report after your ext'n you may well have to do it in person, rather than online.

53 minutes ago, Enzian said:

So for my first report after entering and being granted a fresh non-O extension in early Dec., should I even bother to check out the online system?

Yes, costs you nothing.  Also feedback on success will be useful to others similarly situated.

1 hour ago, Enzian said:

So for my first report after entering and being granted a fresh non-O extension in early Dec., should I even bother to check out the online system?

Unless it is your first extension of stay you can do it online. Count 90 days from the day you entered the country to get your report date and do it up to 15 days before that day to to that day.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There no amnesty for 90 day reporting. You have to do the report.

3 hours ago, easydoor said:

There have never been an amnesty for 90d reporting.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

You have to do the 90 report, no amnesty and certainly reason not too.

All of you are wrong, there is an amnesty until 31st December:

There are only 12 days of it left though, so you can also just do it now then you are done with it.

If somebody makes use of this amnesty, the following report probably has to be done in person because the online system probably doesn't know of this amnesty and might reject a 90 day report.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, jackdd said:

All of you are wrong, there is an amnesty until 31st December:

I am aware of that as you well know but the big question is every immigration office aware of it and is it worth the risk of not doing one and being fined 2000 baht.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am aware of that as you well know but the big question is every immigration office aware of it and is it worth the risk of not doing one and being fined 2000 baht.

Not only that, but if you go when you are supposed to go (on the day that your next appointment/receipt indicates) you know exactly when that date is.  If you take "advantage" of the amnesty you have to carefully follow the news when they tell people who used the amnesty when they need to go do their next report.  I simply don't see the attraction of not doing a report when it means I don't know (now) when my next report is due. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, easydoor said:

There have never been an amnesty for 90d reporting. The first report you have to do in person, the next you can do online and now this is working perfect and very easy to use. Piece of cake.

Yes this is correct answer! Also you can do 90 report 7 days early.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, marin said:
2 hours ago, rwill said:

Can you do the first one by mail?

Read the thread, several posters including Ubonjoe have said no.

I did read the whole thread.  Not one of them mentioned mail.  And I was just wondering.

6 hours ago, easydoor said:

There have never been an amnesty for 90d reporting. The first report you have to do in person, the next you can do online and now this is working perfect and very easy to use. Piece of cake.

The same I was told by my immigration officer on my first 90 day report. First in person, and the next online if I could or wanted. The same after my first renewal. 

2 hours ago, rwill said:

Can you do the first one by mail?

They normally will accept the first one after applying for the first extension of stay done by mail since you have to send copies of your passport that would show your approved extension of stay.

But I would suggest doing it in person to insure it is done without a problem.