Has your favourite or well liked bar, restaurant or club reopened recently.

The Hammer2021

41 minutes ago, Longreach said:

Pattaya beer garden will not reopen unless someone buys it. very unlikely.

work going on is to clean up beer garden for resale.

The owner has said elsewhere he intends to re-open but must first do remedial work to repair wood damage (IIRC) inside the bar.

The shutters have been up at times recently while this has been getting under way so may have given the impression from a distance that it was open, but not quite yet.

Edited by treetops

15 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

My "all alone" bar crawl on arrival 15 Jan seems to be a go ????

Irish Rovers, Bodega Bar, Wonderful bar, Hooters, Hopf, Beer Hub, Tree Town...

at this stage I'd say 50\50 at best, i think an Omicron crackdown is coming, clusters are appearing around Buakhao

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

at this stage I'd say 50\50 at best, i think an Omicron crackdown is coming, clusters are appearing around Buakhao

Hey Grinch ????  Christmas is over until next year, get in your box and let us hope lol

Edited by aussiexpat

13 hours ago, Longreach said:

TQ will not reopen. fake news.

Pattaya beer garden will not reopen unless someone buys it. very unlikely.

work going on is to clean up beer garden for resale.

somebody said they saw it open. i am incorrect if this is true.

As to the PBG, I saw a post by the owner which does not go along with what you say. Apparently the tables and chairs there were left vulnerable and some wood eating bug has done a lot of damage...... Work was ongoing to fix that up and make the place serviceable for a reopening January 15th with limited hours and menu. Government actions may change that.  

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

If 6 of the staff are positive, how many of their customers next week will be positive. and given the staff are young, and the bar's customers not so young, who do you think will have the best chance of survival?   

Nobody forces anyone to drink in any bar; all the punters must know the risks and I have seen reports of some suffering the consequences when they test positive before flying home. Buyer beware.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, champers said:

Nobody forces anyone to drink in any bar;

Sure, but it's a popular past time when one is retired, and in the twilight of one's years.

34 minutes ago, champers said:

all the punters must know the risks and I have seen reports of some suffering the consequences when they test positive before flying home. Buyer beware.

As the hospital beds start to fill up, and they will, I can only see the solution here to be locking down.  

8 hours ago, champers said:

Nobody forces anyone to drink in any bar; all the punters must know the risks and I have seen reports of some suffering the consequences when they test positive before flying home. Buyer beware.

Yes anyone who partook in some revelry over the season, or popped into town for a tug, has been exposed to substantial risk. The bar owners have also put their staff and families to some risk too. They had less choice I suspect. 

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

If 6 of the staff are positive, how many of their customers next week will be positive. and given the staff are young, and the bar's customers not so young, who do you think will have the best chance of survival?   

Being that most patrons are double vacced and this lastest variant has proven to be milder unlike some i do have some optimism.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, stubby52 said:

Being that most patrons are double vacced and this lastest variant has proven to be milder unlike some i do have some optimism.

It's simply a numbers game now, with a focus on hospital capacity.  

"x" amount of percent of fully vaccinated covid positives will still need hospitalisation, with a percent of that percent, needing an ICU bed, with a percent of that percent, still dying.  

We don't know how our bodies will react to the virus until we get it.  

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 10:55 AM, HashBrownHarry said:

Cozy beach has never had night life, mostly small resto's.

It had several  noisy  music bars including  as Russian techno club, A country roads, A karaoke  bar, a music  and sports bar, A G club, another small bar the blue olive. A massive outdoor club with soap parties and and the nearby G Club Heaven.

9 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It had several  noisy  music bars including  as Russian techno club, A country roads, A karaoke  bar, a music  and sports bar, A G club, another small bar the blue olive. A massive outdoor club with soap parties and and the nearby G Club Heaven.

So 1 of each type, hardly a nightlife is it? lol

When was the last time The Russian Techno club was open?

10 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

So 1 of each type, hardly a nightlife is it? lol

When was the last time The Russian Techno club was open?

To be honest it closed before  Covid. But the 6 to 8 bars, clubs, music  venues plus  restaurants in a small area  created busy energy  that is sadly  absent now with only one place next to the pharmacy  open now.  At the top of CB The 7/11 closed, the restaurant  next door and the two hotels including the French connection and yoga  shop all closed. it's sad and derelict  now. The lovely street vendors selling  food  and fruit have gone. It's very sad.Soi 4 Pratumnak  has suffered  a similar  fate. On the upside for Cozy Beach there are 4 brilliant  new restaurants overlooking  the sea and a new one  coming soon. The Heaven G Club  is beautifully  designed..

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

To be honest it closed before  Covid. But the 6 to 8 bars, clubs, music  venues plus  restaurants in a small area  created busy energy  that is sadly  absent now with only one place next to the pharmacy  open now.  At the top of CB The 7/11 closed, the restaurant  next door and the two hotels including the French connection and yoga  shop all closed. it's sad and derelict  now. The lovely street vendors selling  food  and fruit have gone. It's very sad.Soi 4 Pratumnak  has suffered  a similar  fate. On the upside for Cozy Beach there are 4 brilliant  new restaurants overlooking  the sea and a new one  coming soon. The Heaven G Club  is beautifully  designed..

Yes, i agree it's sad to see a lot of it as you describe - derelict @ Cozy.

Soi #5 on the other side is busy enough, couple of nice little bars there to sit at on an evening people watching, resonable prices too and good variety of food options.

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Yes, i agree it's sad to see a lot of it as you describe - derelict @ Cozy.

Soi #5 on the other side is busy enough, couple of nice little bars there to sit at on an evening people watching, resonable prices too and good variety of food options.

There a new small G club a big music lounge, two pubs and a few small bars, lots of street food, a food court, restaurants  and a  bit of a buzz from BLM to the beach