Motorbike rider seriously injured in Pattaya hit-and-run accident

webfact

268834199_2161713513979874_4081645245366850939_n-768x576.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – A female motorbike rider has sustained serious injuries after being hit by an unknown vehicle in South Pattaya over the past weekend (December 17th).

Emergency responders were notified of the accident at 3:30 A.M on Friday, December 17th on South Pattaya Road in Nongprue.

The first response teams arrived at the scene to find the female motorbike driver lying on South Pattaya road bleeding heavily and in severe pain.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/19/motorbike-rider-seriously-injured-in-pattaya-hit-and-run-accident/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

Few Thai drivers have mastered the subtle art of looking before they turn. Frequently there are dire consequences but still they don't learn.

Indeed. She was coming out of a side road and clearly didn't bother to look to see if it was clear. At the same time, the driver was wrong to just drive on after hitting her. Third world stuff from both drivers.

My sister-in-law earlier this year killed a woman who came out of a side road and only looked one way. Too much trouble to look both ways I suppose. At least the sister-in-law stopped and CCTV confirmed her account.

It is utterly beyond belief that so many people on bikes here are stupid enough to think they can just pull out without looking. Just up the road from me two women on a motorbike were involved in an accident. One was killed and the other lost a leg, simply because the driver decided to do a right turn and just pulled across from the left without looking and seeing a pickup that was overtaking. Such idiocy is so common here that often drivers hoot a bike they are about to overtake. I hear it many, many times a day, and I had no idea why they would do that until my wife explained it to me. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

My sister-in-law earlier this year killed a woman who came out of a side road and only looked one way. Too much trouble to look both ways I suppose. At least the sister-in-law stopped and CCTV confirmed her account.

The problem appears to be they don't have the skill to look the other way from where they are turning.

A skill that is absolutely essential to motorcycle rider safety.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The problem appears to be they don't have the skill to look the other way from where they are turning.

A skill that is absolutely essential to motorcycle rider safety.

It is typical of the culture of half-doing a job. Near enough is good enough. Looking one way is good enough. Basically it is down to laziness, can't be bothered.

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It is typical of the culture of half-doing a job. Near enough is good enough. Looking one way is good enough. Basically it is down to laziness, can't be bothered.

Indeed. Now how about the other half and condemn the driver, who may be entirely blameless for the crash but who nevertheless left a person he had injured and drove away rather than help.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Indeed. She was coming out of a side road and clearly didn't bother to look to see if it was clear. At the same time, the driver was wrong to just drive on after hitting her. Third world stuff from both drivers.

It is utterly beyond belief that so many people on bikes here are stupid enough to think they can just pull out without looking. Just up the road from me two women on a motorbike were involved in an accident. One was killed and the other lost a leg, simply because the driver decided to do a right turn and just pulled across from the left without looking and seeing a pickup that was overtaking. Such idiocy is so common here that often drivers hoot a bike they are about to overtake. I hear it many, many times a day, and I had no idea why they would do that until my wife explained it to me. 

No excuse for not stopping, usually driver who doesn't stop is drunk or on something, but it's true, sadly bikers think it's me first and traffic will avoid them, bikes are terrifying for good drivers, trucks just run them over, it's really tragic, and I'm still waiting for the road education campaign for these people to start, just as trucks log books promised, never has eventuated. Another reason for not stopping is fear of extortion, sadly, I hope this girl recovers well. 

• Like 1

Assuming she came out of south Pattaya road on to the sukmivit at 3-30 am. I've heard on many occasions the street racing on the sukmivit at this hr from my apartment. Pick-up trucks (maybe cars)tuned up with noisy exhaust probably black smoke, racing from lights to lights (if they are red?) maybe 4 abreast and bung! Really not hard to miss on empty roads. I live over 1/2 a km from the road. multiple cylinder motor bikes also. No police! Not even one with a camera! What about the cctv? Oh I know only 10% work.