Are there regulations in place on where you can put your Whole House solar Panels?

MJCM

On 12/25/2021 at 9:42 AM, MJCM said:

Funny you should say this, you know who the main well driller is here?

The Phoo Yai Baan ????

When we drilled our well we asked him about the permits etc etc and he said "No need, don't bother" :cheesy:

I have no official information but have been told by multiple parted that a permit is not required. Several such have drilled wells with no issues.

Can you relate the depth , cost, and output of your well? I've archived everything I can find on these forums and contacted several such posters about their experience.

We've now been without village water for more than a month.

Thanks

29 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I have no official information but have been told by multiple parted that a permit is not required. Several such have drilled wells with no issues.

Can you relate the depth , cost, and output of your well? I've archived everything I can find on these forums and contacted several such posters about their experience.

We've now been without village water for more than a month.

Thanks

Total depth is 40m, costs were (for drilling only and we supplied the PVC Pipes)  costs was 18K THB.

But this totally depends on your area! So YMMV.

Also advisable would be to only drill the well during the height of the dry season (April), reason being then the water table then will be much lower and when you hit water then you will (hopefully) never run out of well water during the whole year!

We store the well water in a "lake" and then pump the water to a holding tank which waters our garden. We don't use this well water for the house, we use rainwater for that which is stored in tanks!

If you want to use the well water for the house, you also need to have a look at Filtration Systems. Our well water is "hard" so it will be hard on your appliances in the house!

18 hours ago, MJCM said:

Total depth is 40m, costs were (for drilling only and we supplied the PVC Pipes)  costs was 18K THB.

But this totally depends on your area! So YMMV.

Also advisable would be to only drill the well during the height of the dry season (April), reason being then the water table then will be much lower and when you hit water then you will (hopefully) never run out of well water during the whole year!

We store the well water in a "lake" and then pump the water to a holding tank which waters our garden. We don't use this well water for the house, we use rainwater for that which is stored in tanks!

If you want to use the well water for the house, you also need to have a look at Filtration Systems. Our well water is "hard" so it will be hard on your appliances in the house!

Many thanks for the info. 

It's intuitive but I only saw the dry season drilling advice during my info search. We've not had village water for over a months now. But since we are near sea level just west of Huahin, maybe the water table is a reasonable depth. I will absolutely gets some drilling bids come April though. I really dislike being dependent on the locals authorities for essentials like water. It's certainly affected my garden and I've been forced to pay to fill the pool from a local delivery service. No word on when the new water tower will be installed. Egregious disregard for the houses that tower serves.

I don't have the space for a pond as you have unfortunately.

I use the village water for drinking/cooking but it goes through a triple filtration system in the kitchen. Our local water is hard too with lots of calcium which forms the hard white carbonate deposits that builds up on fixtures.

I use HCl, a 22% w/w toilet cleaner product from Makro to fight buildup in the toilet. I plug the toilet bowl outflow, fill the bowl up to the top, and add the cleaner and let it sit for 24 hrs to dissolve the calcium. Beware that HCl does damage metal fixtures in the sink, so can't let the mixture soak. I'm hoping the acid doesn't have bad effects on my septic tank bacteria in small quantities.

HCl also great for cleaning the faucet end diffuser /filter by soaking it in the HCl in a coffee cup. I use the same idea to clean the calcium on my pool salt cell once a month. I put the whole filter in a cut off milk bottle and let it sit for an hour or so.

Thanks again for the reply and info.