Unwanted change of default search engine

Maybole

I recently installed an update to Firefox, version 95 and it has changed my default search engine to Yahoo. I would like to go back to Google but the browser now only offers Yahoo. Duckduckgo or Startpage. Google is nowhere to be found and reverting to Firefox version 94 has had no effect.

Expert help wanted please.

I finally found it. As Treetops predicted, it was not Firefox at fault. In amongst the bundle of updates that I installed, was an update for my Linux Mint OS, Linux does not like Google because it does not share revenue with it.

At the bottom of the Search Shortcuts  is "find more search engines", I did not scroll down far enough to see it.

This took me to Linux and I found Google at the bottom amongst many others.

Thank you all for your advice.

I've been using FF for a loooong time.  Yeah, I add and remove extension now and then.  This can result in pieces of something removed to remain in the profile and mess things up.

I try to fix it.  But instead of dedicating a lot of time to it I'll do a clean install with a brand spanking new profile. 

Archive the bookmarks and passwords, make a list of your extensions (there are extensions to help with all these chores).  It's a bother, yeah, happens maybe once a year.  I have a few things to avert tracking, block sites etc and sometimes these things need to be reviewed and re-evaluated anyway.  Happens about once a year or so.

• Like 1