Yellow book - what's the procedure for getting one?

scubascuba3

23 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:
On 5/19/2022 at 5:44 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Is showing a yellow book to get a SIM card any easier than showing a passport?

Not yellow book but the foreigner ID ("pink card").

For those Thais who have never seen a passport and have problems reading English, yes.

Getting a SIM does not require English-reading ability from the assistant, a photo of the passport is taken and details copied, verbatim, into a phone.  That's exactly the same procedure as for a card or book.

On 5/19/2022 at 5:36 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Being on the yellow book is no verification it's your only property, so proves nothing for purposes of avoiding the property tax

Compounding the irrelevance of your first post, illustrating further confusion, and affirming the perspicacity of my observation in response.

The tax exemption isn’t based on your owning only one property, so it's simply daft to imagine the yellow book need verify any such thing.

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

In Pattaya, they do not accept the pink book in lieu of a Residence Certificate.

First, there's no "pink book." A couple of months ago, the DLT accepted my yellow book as proof of residence and gave me a new 5-year license based on it. Enough with the misinformation.  

11 minutes ago, BigStar said:

The tax exemption isn’t based on your owning only one property, so it's simply daft to imagine the yellow book need verify any such thing.

Wrong. Come on build up your knowledge, exempt if one property, this may help you understand, and Pattaya City Hall require the yellow book to be updated, call them to check

FB_IMG_1618877059491~4.jpg

54 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Wrong. Come on build up your knowledge, exempt if one property, this may help you understand, and Pattaya City Hall require the yellow book to be updated, call them to check

FB_IMG_1618877059491~4.jpg

Yep, exempt one property, with no implication you can't own other properties--irrelevant to the purpose of the yellow book.

Moreover, if and when you own another property, you don't "update" your yellow book. If you move to that property and wish to declare it as your primary residence, then you'd cancel the old yellow book and get a new one. If getting one yellow book is too onerous for you, what horror to have to get another one!

It's simply daft to imagine that a yellow book serves the same purpose as a chanote, you see. Totally different purposes.????

Edited by BigStar

7 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

the procedure should be

Think about getting one, then have another beer and forget the idea.  I have never had one, never needed one, will never bother getting one 

The cheers from the peanut gallery are simply deafening. Well done!

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, BigStar said:

A couple of months ago, the DLT accepted my yellow book as proof of residence and gave me a new 5-year license based on it. Enough with the misinformation.  

Perhaps not - misinformation that is. It used to be well documented on here that the DLT next to Regents would not accept the yellow book and wanted a CoR.

Yours is one of a couple of recent comments saying that they do now so perhaps they have, or staff have, changed.

Useful to know thanks.