Finally Made it Back

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

True. However could be few months (couple) 

Or more in terms of when government lifts quarantine requirement.

Historically Thai government has been quicker to apply travel restrictions than to lift them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Or more in terms of when government lifts quarantine requirement.

Historically Thai government has been quicker to apply travel restrictions than to lift them.

Agree. 

Was being generous with "few months". The TP may be further away than that. Perhaps back to quarantine?

Think we are all (living in Thailand) waiting to see what unfolds here.

In my joint (Oz) the case numbers have/are exploding. Thankfully hospitalizations not on same curve. 

Let's hope medical care not overwhelmed in Thailand. 

The health care workers must be exhausted. 

Edited by DrJack54

On 12/25/2021 at 9:58 PM, DrJack54 said:

IMO slightly self indulgent.

Many people can not afford the return trip that you outline. 

Slightly hurtful given the time of the year. Many folk missing family unable to travel. 

It's his money, he can do what he wants with it. Or maybe you're jealous because you don't have much?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2021 at 12:27 AM, GrandPapillon said:

so you are staying 1 month, and doing the 14 days quarantine? yet have a 2 months visa. 

Seriously, what's the point?

I'm staying indefinitely. Maybe you'll be able to get a restlful sleep tonight now.

Edited by Edward Abbott
Spelling
  • Haha 1

On 12/28/2021 at 1:50 PM, ubonjoe said:

If entering visa exempt or on a tourist visa you can apply for a non-o visa and then during the last 30 days of the 90 days from the non-o visa you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration.

Or do you mean Non-OA visa issued by a embassy or official Thai consulate,

Thanks - I don't have 800k, so I meant returning on a tourist visa and paying an agent in Thailand to put up the funds (for a day) and apply for the retirement visa. I got the retirement visa this way without leaving Thailand from 2010 to 2020. Now I have an agent in Thailand quoting as follows:

"Non O immigrant visa is 20,000 THB
A year retirement visa is 16,000 THB"

QUESTION: Why would I need both, or is the above just a silly answer to a silly question?

On 12/28/2021 at 1:44 PM, DrJack54 said:

Some folk refer to a Non O-A retirement as "retirement visa".

They are obtained in your own country or country of residence.

If you actually plan to retire here and live ongoing I would suggest you obtain a Non O (retirement).

The non O can be obtain in Thailand once here or depending on which country your from can be obtained there.

You will require further advice about the financial requirements of both options. 

Personally I would defer travel to Thailand currently. 

Thanks - I don't have 800k, so I meant returning on a tourist visa and paying an agent in Thailand to put up the funds (for a day) and apply for the retirement visa. I got the retirement visa this way without leaving Thailand from 2010 to 2020. Now I have an agent in Thailand quoting as follows:

QUESTION: Why would I need both, or is the above just a silly answer to a silly question?

2 hours ago, GazR said:

I was quoted 30,000 tbh to go from 30 day visa exempt to Non O and extension, 15 months worth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GazR said:

The non-o visa is required to apply for a extension. of stay.

Most agents give a quote for doing both of them.

29 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I'm amazed that people don't have 800k to put in the bank, but they are happy to blow 30-36k by using an agent to break the law lol

800,000x6%= 48,000 tbh from an IRA annunity vs 800,000x .5%=4,000 tbh. lol

On 12/27/2021 at 12:10 PM, ubonjoe said:
On 12/27/2021 at 11:50 AM, NanLaew said:

Just looking at my TP , it was issued on 7 Nov 2021 (and I entered on 12 November) but when you scan the QR code to get (and download) the full TP information from MOPH's TP site, it has an expiration date of 5 February 2022.

Does that mean that if there were changing circumstances, I could have kept changing my flights and other arrangements (including a fresh PCR test) up until that date and use the same QR code to travel?

This "72-hour expiration" I see mentioned here seems a bit confusing or redundant in that regard. AFAIK, the only 72-hours applies to the PCR test and not specifically to the TP QR code once issued.

Expand  

The expiration date really means nothing. Your arrival date on the Thailand Pass is what the 72 hours is for.

This page has a good explanation on it.

https://medium.com/thailand-pass/can-i-change-my-flight-post-approval-72bf360325dd

Just to clarify, the TP did/does have a 90-day validity from the date it is issued. This is a "use-by" date so those with dynamic or longer range travel plans don't need to get a new TP every time travel plans change.

Once the TP is actually linked to a confirmed flight booking and the other requirements for entry, the TP will expire 72 hours after commencement of travel. This is an "enter-by" date after which the TP is invalidated.