Bank statement 12 month or 6 month for 800K retirement extension

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I maintain 600k in FD a/c and approx 400k in the savings a/c.

So, for your extension,  dont u need to show a 12 month statement for the KBank savings account (which I also have), because, as I said before, the book if only updated on your extension day, would only show transactions for the previous week and not for 1 year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

So, for your extension,  dont u need to show a 12 month statement for the KBank savings account (which I also have), because, as I said before, the book if only updated on your extension day, would only show transactions for the previous week and not for 1 year.

There was one year (2020)  when due to closure of Bangkok we decided to stay on Koh Samet. In fact stayed for 7 months.

When my daily banking account basically ran out, I started using the the Dedicated savings account. 

Long story but trying to understand why some posts indicate about banks consolidating transactions.

From that account I made withdrawals of ~20k per week. So perhaps 5 transactions per month for for few months. Recall the total withdrawals were perhaps 15+.

Every transaction was shown in bankbook when I returned to Bangkok and made deposit into the account.

I never use auto update machine always deal with teller.

I know after certain # of transactions per month they can be consolidated. I thought that number was 20-30. 

4 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

My bank book usually is updated once a year (and they consolidate most of the transactions into one), and the bank statement issued at the counter is 6 months only..

So, when you remove 800k from your account on the day after you do your annual extension, then replace it 6 months later (prior to the start date of the 6 month bank statement), then you've got an 800k "loan" that is disguised in the once a year consolidated entry. Or, would the 800k out, then the 800k back in -- as just two separate entries, albeit 6 monthm apart, show up as separate line items? Dunno. Obviously, if disguised in a consolidate entry, it makes sense for Imm to request a 12 month letter, But, if separate line items, Imm shouldn't need a 12 month letter. Anybody out there smart on bank consolidations -- and maybe differences between banks?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Long story but trying to understand why some posts indicate about banks consolidating transactions.

The deposit system and ATM  in those cases likely only carry around 3 to 6 months of transactional history, the rest of the transactions are archived.  When transactions are moved off the system they would basically take all the debits and credits and consolidate them into a balance forward entry - and remove the transaction history before the date of the balance forward entry.  If you go a full year without updating the bank account book, the system would not have the entire transaction history online connected to the system that the ATM is connected to... it would start printing transactions from the balance forward entry - that to the end user just looks like a consolidation of debits and credits.   For Bangkok Bank, I am guessing you cannot get a full 12 month transactional printout at the branch because they also would not have access to the full 12 transactional history online.   Transactional history takes up space, it can slow things down for administrative tasks etc. - and archiving them can keep operations more efficient.  

1 hour ago, JimGant said:

So, when you remove 800k from your account on the day after you do your annual extension, then replace it 6 months later (prior to the start date of the 6 month bank statement), then you've got an 800k "loan" that is disguised in the once a year consolidated entry. Or, would the 800k out, then the 800k back in -- as just two separate entries, albeit 6 monthm apart, show up as separate line items? Dunno. Obviously, if disguised in a consolidate entry, it makes sense for Imm to request a 12 month letter, But, if separate line items, Imm shouldn't need a 12 month letter. Anybody out there smart on bank consolidations -- and maybe differences between banks?

The transaction history is just not on the system when the passbook is updated (only up to 6 months max), it would show as a consolidated entry with a transaction code of 'CMB' which is a 'Combined No-Book Transaction'.  The most common deposit system codes are documented on that back cover of the bank book.  The older transactions would have been archived and not available online or for book update - you have to do a statement request that includes the transactions from the archival.  You could have a CMB for 1,000 baht but it is really 1,000,000 baht of debits and 1,001,000 baht of credits.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

BB 6 months printed,stamped etc. at branch 15 minutes.12 months done by BB Bangkok took 2 weeks in July

Being proactive I wonder if at 6 months got statement at branch and at 12 months a 6 month statement would work or would it be a challenge to decipher at renewal time.. ?

5 hours ago, worrab said:

I got my 12 month in 5 days not only this year but the year previously as well. That is Bangkok Bank Head Office in Bangkok to Bang Saphan Noi.

Good job. I was told all such records must come from Bangkok, so you are lucky.

Still, the fixed time account is an easy way out of the problem.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phetphet said:

i think some make a small deposit, say 100 baht into their account before updating so that it does indeed update.

Do you know that bank staff are overworked?

I think it is ridiculous to just deposit 100 baht , sign the slip and then update the bank book as it is extra unnecessary work for the bank staff.

Not all branches have a money deposit machine which will make life easier.

By right, the print machine should just print balance/forward when we put our bank book into the machine without needing the assistance of any bank staff.

But not all banks do that so immigration should be the one that should be flexible as long as the bank statement should every transaction.

Edited by EricTh

15 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I think it is ridiculous to just deposit 100 baht , sign the slip and then update the bank book as it is extra unnecessary work for the bank staff

Think that's ridiculous?

You need to obtain the bank letter and doing small deposit and hence update that matches bank letter at same time  is easy process. 

The bank has your (up to) 800k+ paying very little interest. 

Also charge 100 baht for letter.

Edited by DrJack54

I don't do deposits for this. On the day that I go in for the letter, I always make a withdrawal. Then the update that day will reflect that day.  The current rule (probably) at Jomtien which I use is that letter can't be older than three days (but not sure how they handle weekends, etc.).

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't do deposits for this. On the day that I go in for the letter, I always make a withdrawal.

Deposit or withdrawal is irrelevant.

The transaction is to show activity on day of application. Obviously it also makes an update. 

Ubonjoe.  I am also doing my retirement extension in January 31st and have had 800,000 in the Bangkok Bank throughtout the whole year but I am having trouble at 76 years getting Health Insurance due to a couple of underlying conditions.  I could probably get 1 or 2 months insurance in England when I return to there in May 2022 so I am wondering whether I should forsake the Annual Extension which would require me to re-enter Thailand with Health Insurance for the entire duration of my extension.  Excuse me if I have raised this in the wrong forum. Thanks. I  would appreciate advice.

12 minutes ago, Postmaster said:

Ubonjoe.  I am also doing my retirement extension in January 31st and have had 800,000 in the Bangkok Bank throughtout the whole year but I am having trouble at 76 years getting Health Insurance due to a couple of underlying conditions. 

I assume you are extending a entry from a Non-OA visa since that is the only extension that requires medical insurance.

If you entered on a non-o visa the insurance it not required,

On 12/27/2021 at 7:22 PM, EricTh said:

Do you know that bank staff are overworked?

I think it is ridiculous to just deposit 100 baht , sign the slip and then update the bank book as it is extra unnecessary work for the bank staff.

Not all branches have a money deposit machine which will make life easier.

By right, the print machine should just print balance/forward when we put our bank book into the machine without needing the assistance of any bank staff.

But not all banks do that so immigration should be the one that should be flexible as long as the bank statement should every transaction.

Why deposit? Just withdraw 100 Bt at the ATM. The result is the same and you won't tire the poor bank staff.

4 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Why deposit? Just withdraw 100 Bt at the ATM. The result is the same and you won't tire the poor bank staff.

Either is fine.

Since you need to obtain bank letter it is more simple to do it on day of application for extension.

That way you show activity and update that matches bank letter on day of application. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Either is fine.

Since you need to obtain bank letter it is more simple to do it on day of application for extension.

That way you show activity and update that matches bank letter on day of application. 

I was thinking of those poor, poor over-worked Thai bank workers.......

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

I was thinking of those poor, poor over-worked Thai bank workers.......

Are you being flippant.

You need bank to supply bank letter. Small added extra to show transaction of deposit/withdrawal is minimal. 

In the case of money in bank method the bank has your deposit of up to 800k for most of year at minimal interest.

Also the charge for bank letter is 100baht. 

BTW an ATM transaction will not appear in bankbook until you update. 

Do you do this process or just stab in the dark.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Are you being flippant.

You need bank to supply bank letter. Small added extra to show transaction of deposit/withdrawal is minimal. 

In the case of money in bank method the bank has your deposit of up to 800k for most of year at minimal interest.

Also the charge for bank letter is 100baht. 

BTW an ATM transaction will not appear in bankbook until you update. 

Do you do this process or just stab in the dark.

Being "flippant"? What do you think?

Yes, I take out 100 Bt and then update the book in the machine next to the ATM.

For me, who has done extensions many times already, everything in your post, I know already.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Being "flippant"? What do you think?

Yes, I take out 100 Bt and then update the book in the machine next to the ATM.

For me, who has done extensions many times already, everything in your post, I know already.

And your bank letter? 

Is that obtained at the ATM. No.

You need to attend bank.

The clerk will do your deposit/withdrawal at same time.

BTW it's common for ATM to consolidate transactions. Best deal with clerk.

Edited by DrJack54

46 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

And your bank letter? 

Is that obtained at the ATM. No.

You need to attend bank.

The clerk will do your deposit/withdrawal at same time.

BTW it's common for ATM to consolidate transactions. Best deal with clerk.

As I've said before, I know that.

• Haha 1

Apologies if this is slightly off topic. My Kasikorn deposit bank  book has caused a great deal of confusion at immigration this time. The letter from the bank clearly states I have in excess of 800K in the account BUT if you look at the actual bank book (which they want a copy of) the last entry says less than 800,000 (730K) and a date in 2022. The last but one entry gives the correct amount and the last update date (a month ago).

This time some sharp eyed trainee spotted this and had to go to see a higher up - eventually it was cleared and now I await (tomorrow) a decision on my O visa.

I have tried to get Kasikorn to explain this but without any real success.

So 2 questions:

1. Anyone else have this issue?

2. I am seriously considering moving the money to another bank BUT with all these rules about 3 months before and some months after I do not want to fall foul of them so what would be the optimum time to move the money to another bank bearing in mind hopefully I will have 3 month O tomorrow and then in just under 3 months I will go for a retirement extension for which I will need the 800K in a bank account so how long after I get that do I need to wait to change banks.

27 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

Apologies if this is slightly off topic. My Kasikorn deposit bank  book has caused a great deal of confusion at immigration this time. The letter from the bank clearly states I have in excess of 800K in the account BUT if you look at the actual bank book (which they want a copy of) the last entry says less than 800,000 (730K) and a date in 2022. The last but one entry gives the correct amount and the last update date (a month ago).

This time some sharp eyed trainee spotted this and had to go to see a higher up - eventually it was cleared and now I await (tomorrow) a decision on my O visa.

I have tried to get Kasikorn to explain this but without any real success.

So 2 questions:

1. Anyone else have this issue?

2. I am seriously considering moving the money to another bank BUT with all these rules about 3 months before and some months after I do not want to fall foul of them so what would be the optimum time to move the money to another bank bearing in mind hopefully I will have 3 month O tomorrow and then in just under 3 months I will go for a retirement extension for which I will need the 800K in a bank account so how long after I get that do I need to wait to change banks.

For the Non O retirement the money has to be in the bank on day of application only.

That gives 90 day permission of stay..

For 12 month extension the money needs to have been in the bank for 2 months prior to application. You apply for the extension ~ 30 prior to expiry of 90 day permit. 

You maintain it at 800k + for three months after extension and then not below 400k 

BTW the funds for the Non O must be shown to have come from overseas..

Edited by DrJack54

17 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

Forgive my ignorance surely if I have to maintain 400K all year how can I change my bank account since I assume it will take time to do a transfer?

Think you need to chill and be aware of requirements for you Non O application.

The 800k needs to be in bank account the day you apply.

Kasikorn bank is one of most popular banks.

I see no reason to change.

Follow advice I outlined earlier..

As per transfer to another bank, why would it "take some time to transfer". That is not correct.

Repeat : for non O application the money needs to be in bank the day you apply.

Next day opened account at another bank with the 800k in cash from withdrawal from Kasikorn.

2 months later apply for 12 month extension with approx one month left on your non O permit..

Personally see no reason to change banks. 

Edited by DrJack54

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Personally see no reason to change banks. 

I agree with Dr Jack except on this point. I had a problem with K Bank which I don't need to detail, but it caused me to move to Krungsri, and following the forums I think the move is supported, and was justified. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Enzian said:

I agree with Dr Jack except on this point. I had a problem with K Bank which I don't need to detail, but it caused me to move to Krungsri, and following the forums I think the move is supported, and was justified. Just my opinion.

I think the important thing for this guy is to obtain the non O.

He already has the Kasikorn account with 800k+. 

He is under impression it requires seasoning. 

After he obtains the non O he has a window of week or so to open new account with another bank.

Having the non O in his passport will make that much easier to open bank account.

Interesting ongoing issue with a K bank in Pattaya. Articles in news a concern. 

• Like 1