‘TWAS the season to be jolly - peace and goodwill takes a backseat in Thailand

rooster59

53 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

While the Thais - and most everybody around the world - are at the whim of the men in white coats when Santa in his red coat should be bringing joy.

Yes, I agree, I am sure I am not the only one that wishes our own Doom mongering 'lets look on the downside of everything' Mr Witty an unfortunate new year

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Yes, I agree, I am sure I am not the only one that wishes our own Doom mongering 'lets look on the downside of everything' Mr Witty an unfortunate new year

I’d be listening to Witty a lot more closely than that big johnson that can’t even string an honest sentence together.

Touch Screen Texting on my phone !!  And so Briefly. ... I wrote at length about Omicron on the blog about the Test and go being temporarily ? suspended. ... So I will not write it all again here. (And my stuff was not pulled eithet  !!  Like maybe it IS Christmas !!! ???) ...

... But well ... the speed it can spread is fast becoming the bigest problem. Like it is far less dedly ! ... Omicron ... but with infections doubling every 2 days !!! ?? ... Just about every where all over the world !!! ... ?

... So less serious or not, if you get 1000% more cases in a week !!! ... The Health system is NOT going to survive !   ...

And now the Problem is becoming obvious. ... We have Enough Vaccine !!! ... But they now can not plan to administer it as fast as we would like, as the heslth workers doing it, are getting sick, or being quarintined as close contacts !!! ... and Ditto the Testing system !   

So we are now starting to run out of front line workers !!! ... And Truck Drivers ...  and Diesel additives for the trucks ... !!! And Airport staff ... and flight crews !!! ... And the ques are getting longet ... up to 9 hrs around here !!  some times I have heard !!! ... And the cancelations are begining !!! ... ...  And every where !! 

So well what Thailand is doing seems pretty logical to me !!! ... Like just trying to slow it down !!! ... So the whole work force does not get sick, or quarintined !!! And we all CAN continue to deal with it !!!

Like we are not going to beat it now. ... just about every one will get it I think. Now, thank you very much Mr Omivcron. And ... ...  ...

So now, it is time ... to just to slow it down a bit I think. !!!

Not totally stop it like before !!! But we ARE getting good at dealing with it now !!! ... But now we just have to slow it down, !!! ... So that the work force ! CAN keep up !!! ... get to their jobs ... and also Just try to slow it down !!! ...

And also keep all of us more alive !!! ... Than we have been for just about the last two years !!! Also !!!

Edited by Mark mark
Corrections.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thailand doesn’t seem out of step with the Omicron madness! Epsilon will surely be next

The epsilon strain already exists. Nine letters follow omicron; the next up is pi. Might it be skipped as being too frivolous? Corona virus pie, yum yum. 

• Like 2

Listening to Radio National ... here !!! In Gods own Waiting Room ... the last un discovered millionaire strip !!! Adelaide SA. Australia ... ( you just need a lot of money ... and luck, to find some where to live ! ) ... But not much longer for me here I hope. Back to the land of Smiles !!! ... Again !!  ...  Let's Hope !!!!!!!!

But just listening to the people here, and it applies to Every Where !!! ...  the other problem is where to make the cut backs to try to slow the spresd of the Virus down !!! ??? ... So we do not loose all of our front line workers !!! ....

The beverage and Club and resteraunt owners are up in arms now !!! that they shoukd not be shut down, or even reduced !!! ... And they do employ a LOT of people !!! ... So what are you going to do with all of them !!!

And then then there is probably the Majority ??? ... Who do not give a toss about the clubs bars and resteraunts ! ...  But they want the Borders Open !!! (Like me) ... AND the Airports and flights working !!! ...  so that we can travel again and see our Family and friends, who are in diferent locations !!! ... And not just stay in our own state for bloody years !!! ... (Even if we can now go to clubs and Bars !!!) ...

... So some differences there ??? ... I of course, think opening the borders is the go and the Clubs Bard and resteraunts can stay Closed !!! .or reduced ! ? ..... but well I would not stand out in Hinley st ! and shout that out I think !!!

... Or you could be like NSW and just open up every thing !!! ... and let the cases go from 300 to 6,000 + in 2 weeks !!! ... ???

I wonder what is going to happen in Thailand in the next two werks !!! ??  

... All round I think So some compromise is necessary !!! ... Wear Mark's !!! That costs people nothing much really ! ? ... avoid large gatherings ? .. and LIMIT the clubs Bars and Resteraunts ??? ...

... No Ambulances here last night apparently.  ?  Not enough people available to crew them ??? ... Well also ?  Not enough Nurses ... or Carers, ...  so the old age homes are being under staffed ! ... So do not fall out of bed just now, all you old prople !!! ...

Just what A very VERY terrible situation. !!! ...

Edited by Mark mark
Spelling

4 hours ago, Jack West Jr said:

'tWas Brillig !

Seriously ? Do we need such uninformed, unscientific rot ? According to the latest studies Omicron isn't any weaker or less deadly than Delta . It is vastly more infectious , though . 

And this clown wants us to go out and dance like it's 1999 ? Really ????

Moreover, I cycle allover Thailand and the vast majority of people is still friendly , especially if you can show them proof you've been triple-vaccinated .

A bit more respect for the truth ,please instead of sending out drivel to sway the gullible. 

I'd be very interested in links to those latest studies you referred to. From what I've read (as late as this 22 December article https://www.statnews.com/2021/12/22/omicron-oddity-case-numbers-dont-predict-deaths/ ) , it is the exact opposite from what you mentioned. And this article (from 20 December https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2021/12/20/omicron-hospitalization-oxygen-mortality/ ), also appears to go against what you wrote. So, it would be nice to see the articles/studies that you refer to. I like to see information from all sides when I can.
I haven't found name-calling to be an effective way of making a cogent point. Although Trump, Pelosi, Hillary Clinton and other politicians seem to revel in name-calling, I don't think it ever did anything positive for them and personally, I'd prefer to keep it out of my sphere of influence as well. So, hopefully you can keep your name-calling down and just reply to me rationally. I'm not trying to argue with you. I'd like to see the information you claim to have read. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And Rooster !!! ... Greatest Traverstation ! !! ... They have had to totally change out the whole Comentry crew over in .

Melbourn for the second day ? Of the Third Ashes Test !!! AGAIN !!! ...Like eher is the quiet and the Continuity !!!

And Play has been delayed again (light rain yestetday) ...  d/t a Possitive case ? Or Cases ? In one of the Elnglish teams Familie. !!!!

... Yes What an absolutely terible Virus !!! And totally <Deleted> Situation !!!

2 hours ago, Mark mark said:

The beverage and Club and resteraunt owners are up in arms now !!! that they shoukd not be shut down, or even reduced !!! ... And they do employ a LOT of people !!! ... So what are you going to do with all of them !!!

... No Ambulances here last night apparently.  ?  Not enough people available to crew them ??? ... Well also ?  Not enough Nurses ... or Carers, ...  so the old age homes are being under staffed ! ... So do not fall out of bed just now, all you old prople !!! ...

Just what A very VERY terrible situation. !!! ...

... Yes, Obviously, we just have to get all of the out of work Hospitality workers, into Gowns masks, and PPE, ... and then employ them as Testers, Vaccinators and old age homes and ambulance, and Hospital and airport Orderlies !!! !!! ... Right ??? ??? ...

... And Oh, getting Booster Jabs to every one could also be the obvious Help !!!

... And well lets not forget about Africa and every where else in the third world this time, ... Where the Variants are coming from !!! ... 

20 hours ago, Pinot said:

This is uninteresting dribble. Can anyone just post nonsense like this? More about the Listerine bottle, that was fascinating. :cool:

It was alcohol free and the blue one, about 79 baht at the time from Watson's. The wobble in the surface tension indicated an approximate 7.6 on the Richter scale at a distance of 2000 kms. Regards and thanks for your interest in mouth wash. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/26/2021 at 4:06 PM, Dont confuse me said:

This new 'Influenza' (that's  purely as I see it) is with us for the foreseeable future.

I for one whilst treating it with respect I'm attempting not to let it control my life.

Much the same as I didn't allow the the 'old Influenza' to control my life.

Unfortunately governments have implemented restrictions that not only curtail many aspects of my freedom of movement but control me unlike any previous outbreaks of flu.

Before all the armchair scientists and self appointed authorities on this pandemic start preaching, please note that I have stated this is purely as I see it ???? 

'Purely as you see it'..LOL..just happens to be a commonly  held viewpoint on FB and you tube that in actually  you are just parroting  as an 'armchair scientist and self appointed authority,' yourself!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pinot said:

This is uninteresting dribble. Can anyone just post nonsense like this? More about the Listerine bottle, that was fascinating. :cool:

This is not  just anyone but a fully paid staff member who is paid to right this witty, well informed water fall of wit and insightful erudition. I think its brilliant.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1