Poll: Are you eating indoors at restaurants considering Omicron's super fast infection rate?

Jingthing

Indoor restaurants  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Thalueng said:

That's why the pandemic is still on and we have drastic increase of cases every day.

And yet, myself or anyone I know in Thailand has become infected ... go figure.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LarrySR said:

You, or anyone you know never went to the moon so obviously that didn't happen either, right?

Actually met Buzz, talked for awhile, so does that count as knowing someone that went, supposedly, to the moon ... ????

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

When vaccinated people get infected. With Omicron that has become very common.

Isn't vaccination to reduce the chance of hospitalization and death? I suspect we will all get Omicron or the next variant over the next few years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:
49 minutes ago, codemonkey said:

What are "breakthrough vaccine infections"?

Breakthrough infection = vaccine failure

No but thinking that = brain failure !!! ????

Even with ‘breakthrough infections’  the vaccines are effective at minimising serious symptoms, hospitalisations and death...  

Your persistent anti-vaccine stance really needs far more effort beyond dumbed down idiocy.... 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No but thinking that = brain failure !!! ????

Even with ‘breakthrough infections’  the vaccines are effective at minimising serious symptoms, hospitalisations and death...  

Your persistent anti-vaccine stance really needs far more effort beyond dumbed down idiocy.... 

I haven't joined the new 'redefined' vaccine world order yet, and never will.

In my world, vaccines try to provide immunity.  With that, these 'shots' are working just as designed.

Back on Topic, this poll is quite reassuring, as apparently about 50% of voters, agree to not live in fear, and go out and enjoy dining, and supporting the restaurant industry & local economy  ????????

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Back on Topic, this poll is quite reassuring, as apparently about 50% of voters, agree to not live in fear, and go out and enjoy dining, and supporting the restaurant industry & local economy  ????????

I definitely agree with that....  

I want these restaurants to still be there when normalcy returns.... We still eat out at restaurants, indoor and out, and enjoy doing so without concern. 

Covid-19 does provide me with a suitable excuse to avoid shopping malls !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Covid-19 does provide me with a suitable excuse to avoid shopping malls !!!

Men worldwide, so thankful for that ... 'no honey, better not, I don't want you to get sick' ????

Unless the outing is me ... ????

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Isn't vaccination to reduce the chance of hospitalization and death? I suspect we will all get Omicron or the next variant over the next few years.

Best case it prevents infection but yes preventing severe cases if infected is ultimately more important.

24 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

145B81AB-3410-4AC6-8A3F-056D2EFB0A51.jpeg

"trust science / follow the science" or 'Based on sound science', someone used that on a food thread today ????  reminds me of a parent telling their child .... "just do as I say, because I say so".

When someone leads with 'the science', I know the next that comes will be BS, that common sense disagrees with.  'Science' the new word for 'it's the truth', that can't be explain, just do it.

Quoting surveys & study follows with being just as silly, for an explanation to convince people to do, what they question, isn't right.   Of course it's always 'for your own safety'.

Just hold up a bible and say 'if you don't, you'll rot in hell', as more believable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

"trust science / follow the science" or 'Based on sound science', someone used that on a food thread today ????  reminds me of a parent telling their child .... "just do as I say, because I say so".

When someone leads with 'the science', I know the next that comes will be BS, that common sense disagrees with.  'Science' the new word for 'it's the truth', that can't be explain, just do it.

Quoting surveys & study follows with being just as silly, for an explanation to convince people to do, what they question, isn't right.   Of course it's always 'for your own safety'.

Just hold up a bible and say 'if you don't, you'll rot in hell', as more believable.

I had a feeling that you are in the "Trust The Morons" camp.

16 minutes ago, rabas said:

Lol, guess he would know.

Buzz ...  astronaut, engineer and fighter pilot

not a microbiologist, virologist or even a healthcare worker in any capacity.

If I need advice on my next space mission, or a facelift, I'll ring him up.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 7:41 PM, KhunLA said:

And yet, myself or anyone I know in Thailand has become infected ... go figure.

So you have become infected?  Or not?

If not, you're missing the word "neither" and you should have "nor" instead of "or".  So: "And yet, neither myself nor anyone I know in Thailand has become infected... go figure." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, KhunLA said:

‘Let’s go Darwin’.

• Like 1