Pattaya Countdown 2022 kicks off with very light attendance due to strict Covid measures, day two begins

webfact

On 12/31/2021 at 9:54 AM, wmlc said:

Don’t get me started about Pattaya. Just like Bangkok, Pattaya opened the bars. They have been opened for 10 days now and I personally know many people who have gotten coviid. They used the home test and after they are just staying home not reporting it and not caring about who they may have infected. They are scared to go into the 14 day mandatory quarantine and health monitoring. Cases in Pattaya have sky rocketed, and the police are keeping quiet as they have gotten tea money like crazy.  I suspect Bangkok is the same. There is no way you can pack so many people into bars and not have this happen. In my condo, foreigners refuse to wear masks in the lifts. Mark my words, we will be in lockdown by January 15 and no bars will be allowed to open legally as promised. People have ruined everything for the sake up 2 weeks of partying and making money. It will be locked down again for another year. Som Nam Na I say!!!! 

I think the days of lockdowns are over.  Omicron will spread throughout and will be followed by another variant. The idea that lockdowns, social-distancing and mask wearing can stop this is ridiculous.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The idea that lockdowns, social-distancing and mask wearing can stop this is ridiculous.

I don't think that was ever the idea.... some may have believed it was.

Another variant would have to be more contagious to displace Omicron. 

The beginning of the end, I hope.