What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

1. The Old Man.  Starring Jeff Bridges as a retied CIA agent who is now battling new enemies.  Very interesting show available on Disney Hotstar in Thailand and on FX elsewhere.  it also stars John Lithgow.  

2. The Orrville with Seth Macfarlane.  This is also available on Disney Hotstar

3. Trigger Point from the producer of Line of Duty. It is about a British Police Explosive Ordinance Disposal unit.  This is available on Peacock streaming and probably available on ITV(that is if you can it in LOS?). 

Edited by sqwakvfr

This is mostly to Americans and Canadians -- but do you STILL watch SNL Saturday Night Live? I do. Sure it's had long dry periods and it's been a long time since the glory days of the likes of Cheeseburger Cheeseburger and so many others.

Well the show is approaching FIFTY YEARS (2024-25 season) and the heart and soul of the show Lorne Michaels is rumored to be planning to retire and for the show to end at that time. It makes sense but it would still hurt. Yes I have been watching it for almost all of those years though I probably mostly missed it in college.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

On 7/31/2022 at 5:47 AM, Jingthing said:

The Bear

Mentioned by others, just binged it and it's definitely one of the best of the year.

Especially delicious and on point for those of us who have lived in Chicago. 

I've never understood why Italian Beefs are only a Chicago thing and not an everywhere thing either. Philly cheese steaks are global. Chicago Italian Beefs are much better.

Really enjoyed Series One looking forward to Series Two, Thanks!

On 7/29/2022 at 3:06 PM, sanuk711 said:

Michael's life seemed to be perfect, until his husband blindsided him after 17 years of marriage. He has to confront the nightmares of losing his soulmate

LOL, if you lose your soulmate does that mean you lose your soul?  I guess in reality if you lose your soulmate then they were never really a soulmate ?

Neil Patrick Harris was great in the Harold and Kumar movies.  

On 7/30/2022 at 2:17 PM, Jingthing said:

The Bear

Mentioned by others, just binged it and it's definitely one of the best of the year.

Especially delicious and on point for those of us who have lived in Chicago. 

Thanks for the reference. Looks good. And it reminded me that I still haven't watched the final season of Shameless...

Star Trek actress Nichelle Nichols dies aged 89.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-62373143

The following series has an episode relating to a long running battle as to who should control her estate, her son or her manager/husband.

Who Do You Believe? (2022)

8 Episodes.

fmovies.

"An American true crime documentary series which tells a story from dual perspectives. The show tells two contrasting/competing narratives of a story from the victim and criminals involved."

Son Of AKA Fils de, la série

TPB

This one is really good.

Summary:  Franck Pistone, a gangster and father, has been on the run for 17 years after pulling off the biggest heist of the century. He decides to return home to make amends with his children because he knows that the end is near, setting in motion a dangerous treasure hunt for a stash of diamonds in one of the most hostile urban jungles in the world: Brussels.

• Thanks 1

HMP Wakefield: Evil Behind Bars

RAR

Channel 5's new documentary HMP Wakefield: Evil Behind Bars will lift the lid on one of Britain's toughest prisons nicknamed 'the English version of Alcatraz'.

Through interviews with inmates, ex-prisoners, guards and relatives of notorious inmates, HMP Wakefield: Evil Behind Bars will spill the secrets of what goes on behind its bars. The show will highlight what it is like for sex offenders and child killers to try and survive as they are targeted, attacked and even killed by other inmates for their crimes on a regular basis.

• Thanks 1

City on a hill set in Boston featuring tough Irish families in the style  of Ray Donovan- backdrop  of bent FBI, ghetto  politics- excellent  casting, unpretentious  stylistics-editing and very good narrative  flow. I rate  this highly- dunno how I misses it in the past

On 7/27/2022 at 11:13 AM, BritManToo said:

Watched the entire season of 'Joe Pickett'.

More of a 'Hallmark Movie', bad bad acting, poor production standards, silly plot, laughable bad guys, nice scenery.

I really enjoyed  Joe Picket and recommended  it here a couple of months ago. I'm looking  forward to another season.

• Like 2

On 7/30/2022 at 12:52 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

Next we'll have a movie  about MLK as a white man, Bob Marley as a Chinese man and Nelson  Mandela as white South African!

Yeah, after movies with white Jesus and white Nelson Mandela, its just so hard to take ????????

17 hours ago, Will27 said:

the English version of Alcatraz'.

Thanks for that Will27---

Alcatraz in a field ... ????.............I always thought The Isle of Wight had that--"Alcatraz"--tag. Combining 3 prisons with 1,700 inmates on the island. Although most of those in there are of the Train/bank Robber types--- Wakefield is certainly the biggest Nonce Prison in the UK holding 600 pedophiles/Sex offenders/ and nutty Serial murders. In general, in would be difficult to find a decent honest Thief amongst them.

Even the Buses carrying visitors used to have blacked out windows.--So I guess it does get the "Most Evil"  Tag.

Anyway thanks for the download--I missed it......:omfg:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Thanks for that Will27---

Alcatraz in a field ... ????.............I always thought The Isle of Wight had that--"Alcatraz"--tag. Combining 3 prisons with 1,700 inmates on the island. Although most of those in there are of the Train/bank Robber types--- Wakefield is certainly the biggest Nonce Prison in the UK holding 600 pedophiles/Sex offenders/ and nutty Serial murders. In general, in would be difficult to find a decent honest Thief amongst them.

Even the Buses carrying visitors used to have blacked out windows.--So I guess it does get the "Most Evil"  Tag.

Anyway thanks for the download--I missed it......:omfg:

I enjoyed it.

Really surprised that Charles Bronson is still in prison TBH.

Think it's a political decision to keep him in IMO.

24 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I enjoyed it.

Really surprised that Charles Bronson is still in prison TBH.

Think it's a political decision to keep him in IMO.

There’s another recent channel 5 documentary about HMP Belmarsh too. This is where Bronson is now, I think the one you mentioned him as a reformed character, the Belmarsh doc suggests otherwise.

I just started watching the Bulgarian Undercover that you recommended a long time back. Looks good so far, a little dated, but worth a look.