What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

On 8/4/2022 at 6:05 PM, proton said:

Started watching the Great, a rather laughable tale of Catherine Empress of Russia, no she did not have sex with a horse. However, a few minutes in we have words like 'd head' and the almost obligatory black Africans turning up in an 18th c royal court! I think deleting the whole series would be easier than watching any more of this rubbish.

We managed to watch half way through the second episode of season two, that was enough, it has now been consigned to the trash can, there are way better series around than this sad attempt at a story line with humor.

The first season was funny and a good watch, apparently they got new writers for the second series and they killed it dead with their childish situations and dialogue.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 11:09 AM, Daffy D said:

A new Tham Luang cave rescue movie has popped up.

Thirteen Lives  - IMDB Rating:- 7.8 
A rescue mission is assembled in Thailand where a group of young boys and their soccer coach are trapped in a system of underground caves that are flooding.

Good reviews and with Director Ron Howard and staring Colin Farrell should be quite watchable.

Cover.JPG.1f4326e47d5b4bff270b893e85a99447.JPG

Available with subs on RARBG

Enjoy   :thumbsup:

Watched last night. Briiliant! A must see! Thanks Daffy!

• Like 2

Just watched part of the Cave Rescue (2022) - IMDb 6.1/10.

Curious that there are two movies about the same subject released at the same time.

This one pales in comparison to the other version, Thirteen Lives (2022) - IMDb 7.8/10, told by director Ron Howard.

This one also seems to portray lesser known, Jim Warny the Belgian Ireland based rescuer, as the pivotal lead and more of the Thai side of the tale. Not surprising as the director is Thai-Irish.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Curious that there are two movies about the same subject released at the same time.

This one pales in comparison to the other version, Thirteen Lives (2022) - IMDb 7.8/10, told by director Ron Howard.

This one also seems to portray lesser known, Jim Warny the Belgian Ireland based rescuer, as the pivotal lead and more of the Thai side of the tale. Not surprising as the director is Thai-Irish.

Having sat throught the whole incredible experience live don't reall need to see a replay.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

Having sat throught the whole incredible experience live don't reall need to see a replay.

I sat through the experience live on TV too. But I continuously marvel at how the international community got together to overcome what seemed insurmountable odds and the special bravery and expertise of the divers who triumphed over a task which for most would provoke the worst nightmares.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Thailand said:

Yea, I did watch 13 lives last night, wife fell asleep, and nothing new or exciting.  Attempts to add some drama failed miserably.

Only thing of interest, was a bit more details (if true) of just how far, deep in the cave the kid were.  They were kind about the Thai 'side' of things, that the local news & internet, at the time was not.

Highlighting the 'water from above' was interesting, again, if true to the degree shown.

Waste of a few good actors, as they really had nothing to work with.  If living here and followed the story as it happened, you may want to give it a pass.   

After binge watching 3 season of '24' this week, I needed a break.  Nice pause in between S3 & 4.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2022 at 7:11 PM, biervoormij said:

I am currently re-watching Breaking Bad and really enjoying it. I also plan to watch all of Better Call Saul prior to starting season 6.

Are you also going to watch El Camino the 2019 Breaking Bad movie?

Yeah definitely.  I had never seen Breaking Bad but started watching Better Call Saul, quickly realising that I should go back to BB first. 

• Like 2

On 8/4/2022 at 4:32 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

Well actually Bob Marley was half white. His dad was a British officer

Barrack Obama on occasion would make jokes about being half white.  E.g. he said after the 2012 election that his white half wanted to vote for Romney.  :clap2:

Marley looked like he was fully black, maybe it was the lower half of his body that was white (no penile jokes please). 

On 8/4/2022 at 11:38 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Belatedly watching Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.... Wow.

As of this writing there are only 2 more BCS episodes left.  So as not to beset myself with even more suspense I will save the penultimate episode until after I dl the last one, then watch them together.

I will take a stab at one thing: the drastic phone call.  Maybe the authorities have been putting the squeeze on Kim to get to him; maybe that phone call he heard about from her ("she asked about me!?!") was only because of the FBI's coercion.

(Does anybody born in this century even know what a pay phone is?  When they see The Matrix movies do they say "dude, what's with those little rooms with the little alarm boxes?  Weird sci-fi stuff!")

For those who may not know the old woman in the scooter is Carol Burnett, she's been doing comedy on US TV since the 1950s.  Even as a little kid her stuff made me laugh.

Trivia: both the actor who plays Eladio (the guy at the top of the cartel) and the guy who plays Hector ("ding-ding-ding") were in the movie Scarface.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2022 at 9:21 AM, LosLobo said:

Haven't seen the cleverly titled Cave Rescue yet, but I thought Thirteen Lives was pretty good.

I didn't really follow the rescue very closely at the time so I wasn't bothered by departures from the facts for dramatic effect.

I found it to be a dramatic and suspenseful telling of the story.

• Like 1

What has boxing got to do with movies? I used to watch the HBO movie channel only to find occasionally an event of two guys punching khrap out of each other. Do sports channels ever interrupt sporting events to show a recent movie release? 

Same with the Thai channel 29 (Mono). They often had Thai basketball games shown live.

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

Saw a couple of recommendations for Fauda.

Anyway, just finished the first season in two days, excellent.

Thanks whomever.

There’s supposed to be a new series coming. 

I thought Hit & Run was better, if you haven’t checked it. There’s also a new series of Manayek (about corruption in Israeli police) both share a few actors. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1