What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

On 7/30/2022 at 12:27 AM, gargamon said:

I just started downloading through TPB a 2008 series called The Fixer. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1204507/

It looks like it is something that would be appreciated here.

I just finished watching The Fixer season 1 last night and thought it was enjoyable and entertaining. Worth a look IMHO. Thanks for the recommendation.

On 7/23/2022 at 8:24 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

One of the best series I've seen recently is The Undeclared War which got a low IMDB rating and some poor reviews from international liberal media. Its a brilliant, ambitious multi layered drama about a battle of wits between the GCHQ staff and their Russian  counterparts. Great intellegent  casting, excellent plotting, sudpense driven with imaginative direction and screenplay. A very intelligent production and very revealing about the manufacturing of opinion.

Thanks @The Hammer2021. Downloading now from TGx.

On 7/25/2022 at 7:13 AM, seedy said:

Same #2 came out - revisited first one. Excellentout.jpg.822dc97c93e634dcd5fab422a35ce235.jpgout2.thumb.jpg.eed3896e2de3e1cc0ed8095e22daedad.jpg

Thanks for this @seedy. Downloaded both of these from TGx. I watched the first one (Outlaws) and thought it was enjoyable and entertaining. Tried to watch the second (Roundup) but the subtitles were a little hard to read and also too quick for me. Will look for another version elsewhere.

47 minutes ago, recom273 said:

There’s another recent channel 5 documentary about HMP Belmarsh too. This is where Bronson is now, I think the one you mentioned him as a reformed character, the Belmarsh doc suggests otherwise.

I just started watching the Bulgarian Undercover that you recommended a long time back. Looks good so far, a little dated, but worth a look.

Bronson is 70 this year.

I don't think he poses a threat to the public.

Pretty sure he hasn't killed anyone, yet he's been in prison for over 40 years.

Is Undercover a movie or TV series?

Just asking before Hammer gets in????

Edited by Will27
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Bronson is 70 this year.

I don't think he poses a threat to the public.

Pretty sure he hasn't killed anyone, yet he's been in prison for over 40 years.

Is Undercover a movie or TV series?

Just asking before Hammer gets in????

lol - You were the one who told me about it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undercover_(Bulgarian_TV_series)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1909015/

If you didnt see the HMP Belmarsh doc .. worth checking, its all the same tho' - not Alcatraz, the UK's Guantanamo Bay.

4 minutes ago, recom273 said:

lol - You were the one who told me about it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undercover_(Bulgarian_TV_series)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1909015/

If you didnt see the HMP Belmarsh doc .. worth checking, its all the same tho' - not Alcatraz, the UK's Guantanamo Bay.

Was having a joke ????

See the previous pages about Man of God.

On 7/31/2022 at 10:45 AM, sqwakvfr said:

1. The Old Man.  Starring Jeff Bridges as a retied CIA agent who is now battling new enemies.  Very interesting show available on Disney Hotstar in Thailand and on FX elsewhere.  it also stars John Lithgow.  

Excellent suggestion as I'm a Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow fan.

Started watching the Great, a rather laughable tale of Catherine Empress of Russia, no she did not have sex with a horse. However, a few minutes in we have words like 'd head' and the almost obligatory black Africans turning up in an 18th c royal court! I think deleting the whole series would be easier than watching any more of this rubbish.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Well actually Bob Marley was half white. His dad was a British officer

Because Bob Marley's dad was a British officer doesn't mean his dad was white! The British army has had many black officers!

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 8:24 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

One of the best series I've seen recently is The Undeclared War which got a low IMDB rating and some poor reviews from international liberal media. Its a brilliant, ambitious multi layered drama about a battle of wits between the GCHQ staff and their Russian  counterparts. Great intellegent  casting, excellent plotting, sudpense driven with imaginative direction and screenplay. A very intelligent production and very revealing about the manufacturing of opinion.

I'm half way through this and it's pretty good IMHO. Well worth a look.

A new Tham Luang cave rescue movie has popped up.

Thirteen Lives  - IMDB Rating:- 7.8 
A rescue mission is assembled in Thailand where a group of young boys and their soccer coach are trapped in a system of underground caves that are flooding.

Good reviews and with Director Ron Howard and staring Colin Farrell should be quite watchable.

Cover.JPG.1f4326e47d5b4bff270b893e85a99447.JPG

Available with subs on RARBG

Enjoy   :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Thirteen Lives  - IMDB Rating:- 7.8 

Thanks Daffy--I like Colin Farral's acting---& Ron Howard productions are usually good.

Who plays Elon Musk...................:w00t:

Anyone seen Thai subs for it yet---would like to do a family thing....... (if they put their phones down for an hour)

Edited by sanuk711

20 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Anyone seen Thai subs for it yet---would like to do a family thing

Yep!   With the RARBG download there are many subs including Thai :thumbsup:

On the RARBG page scroll down to "Files" 

Subs.JPG.750f99bb9414da43566fb52f2373d408.JPG:smile: 

Edited by Daffy D
Add information

35 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

On the RARBG page scroll down to "Files" 

Thanks Daffy I have found the hidden files page (which I didn't know about before--is that there for all there movies?) but there doesn't seem to be a way of selecting--I can not click on it ect................. I do hate it when I come across as a Computer Blond ......:omfg:

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Thanks Daffy I have found the hidden files page (which I didn't know about before--is that there for all there movies?) but there doesn't seem to be a way of selecting--I can not click on it ect................. I do hate it when I come across as a Computer Blond ......:omfg:

All of the subs download.

You have to download the movie first and then chose the one you want when you're ready to play it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

No worries . The "show files" is just that, it shows all the files in the download, you don't have to anything extra to get those files, they all come with the movie.

I normally check the "files" to check that that subs are included and that they are .srt.

Sometimes you get sub/idx subs which my TV doesn't like so I can convert them to .srt with https://subtitletools.com/convert-sub-idx-to-srt-online.

Most times on if there is a little flag near the top of the download page the .srt will be there.

Union Jack for English subs.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Belatedly watching Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.... Wow.

I am currently re-watching Breaking Bad and really enjoying it. I also plan to watch all of Better Call Saul prior to starting season 6.

Are you also going to watch El Camino the 2019 Breaking Bad movie?

9 minutes ago, MisterPooFarty said:

Is Top Gun: Maverick available anywhere yet? Seems ages since it was released.

I watched it yesterday on 123 movies,said it was hd but looked just a little better than cam.

Still enjoyed it.