What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

16 hours ago, bendejo said:

Barrack Obama on occasion would make jokes about being half white.  E.g. he said after the 2012 election that his white half wanted to vote for Romney.  :clap2:

Marley looked like he was fully black, maybe it was the lower half of his body that was white (no penile jokes please). 

If you think BM looked black then you are unfamiliar with African  skin  tones.

• Confused 2

I rarely  watch documentary productions but recently  made an exception and enjoyed Trainwreck Woodstock 99.

It's  got excellent  camera work and is a good yarn about how and why this attempt  to recreate the original  Woodstock failed. The reasons included; greed, musical genres, different  drugs and generational shifts. For anybody who has enjoyed pop festivals this is especially interesting short, three  part documentary and in general a good insight into greed compared  to idealism.

• Like 2

I'm undecided  about an American  cop  show called 'Murder in the 1st'

Its a multistrand narrative featuring nihilistic youth, bent cops and vice but although I'm watching it I'm not that enthusiastic but dont know why. Bad casting? Bad wardrobe? Too many beards? I'd be interested in other's opinions.

Edited by The Hammer2021

23 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just finished watching season 1 of Collision, which is a 5 part British crime drama, centred around a multi-vehicle crash on the A12. It was very good IMHO and worth a look. I got it from solidtorrents.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1349084/

A12 - That’s my ‘hood (or was)

I just started watching Surface - Another appleTV production, psychological drama, seems a bit slow, maybe I continue with it. 

Saw Bob Odenkirk(Saul from BCS) on Bill Maher a few weeks back where they discussed his start in a skit comedy series from HBO in the 90's called "Mr Show with Bob and Doug". Found it on TPB. He sure has some talent. If you're into skit comedy, this is a winner. 

Isn't it funny how good comedians make great actors but it generally doesn't work the other way.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just finished watching season 1 of Collision, which is a 5 part British crime drama, centred around a multi-vehicle crash on the A12. It was very good IMHO and worth a look. I got it from solidtorrents.

I like Doug Henshall. Found the series but no seeders anywhere. If you have a link to the site you used send me a PM with the link please.

20 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

I like Doug Henshall. Found the series but no seeders anywhere. If you have a link to the site you used send me a PM with the link please.

Long John Silver's place!

Sorry, wrong Collision.

Edited by KannikaP

17 hours ago, Will27 said:

I really enjoyed Hit and Run.

Not as much as Fauda though.

Thanks for the heads up about Manayek.

I'll keep an eye out.

I too felt Hit and Run was not as good as Fauda. There was less English  dialogue too and I find subtitles a bore sometimes. I'm always on the lookout for new stuff from the ME. I enjoyed Tehran and Baghdad  Central.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, longball53098 said:
19 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I also like Doug Henshall. It was a little hard to find. The torrent I found only has 1 seeder & 1 leecher, So the download took ages. One other thing is that although the audio is English, it has hard coded Dutch subs. I will send the link via PM as soon as I have posted this. 

Edited by Mutt Daeng
typo

8 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The Orville is a comedy Sci Fi series in the style of Star Trek and is quite engaging. I've just  started  watching it so it remains to be seen what level of meaningful satire it might engage in. It has potential.

Have you seen the one yet where they do a sex change operation on a baby?

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just watched Secret State season 1. It's a 4 part drama which explores the relationship between a democratically elected government, big business and the banks. It was very good IMHO and well worth a look. I got it from kickass2. Again, not very many seeders, so relatively slow to download.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1960029/

In looking for it I came  across 'Deep State'

The series

1 minute ago, gargamon said:

You'll have to watch it till the end. I'd hate to spoil it for you.

I think I skipped it. The ending- I just assumed they decided  not to when the  introduced the old 'lady' alien as a witness. After a few  episodes I skipped watching  the series. I might return to it.

18 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I think I skipped it. The ending- I just assumed they decided  not to when the  introduced the old 'lady' alien as a witness. After a few  episodes I skipped watching  the series. I might return to it.

The operation was actually performed, not on screen obviously. 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:48 AM, gargamon said:

Saw Bob Odenkirk(Saul from BCS) on Bill Maher a few weeks back where they discussed his start in a skit comedy series from HBO in the 90's called "Mr Show with Bob and Doug". Found it on TPB. He sure has some talent. If you're into skit comedy, this is a winner. 

Isn't it funny how good comedians make great actors but it generally doesn't work the other way.

Maher told him he had him in stitches way back when with his imitation of Bob Evans as god; Evans was recently depicted in that mini-series about the making of The Godfather.

There are a few episodes of The Larry Sanders Show (Gary Shandling's old series) where Odenkirk plays a greasy Hollywood type, won't even shake someone's hand unless he knows there is something it it for him.  Cracks me up.

Edited by bendejo

Recently saw Humboldt County (2008).  Had it's moments.

I don't get this Jeremy Strong guy who gets so many accolades (he also plays the eldest son on Succession).  90% of the time he's impassive nearly to the point of comatose.  Same in this movie.

3 hours ago, bendejo said:

Maher told him he had him in stitches way back when with his imitation of Bob Evans as god; Evans was recently depicted in that mini-series about the making of The Godfather.

There are a few episodes of The Larry Sanders Show (Gary Shandling's old series) where Odenkirk plays a greasy Hollywood type, won't even shake someone's hand unless he knows there is something it it for him.  Cracks me up.

The Larry Sanders Show was pure genius.  Up there with Seinfeld and Curb - possibly better than both.