What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

If you followed it-there's a special on the making of "Some Mothers"

Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em: Secrets & Scandals----RARGB

-----------

New Mini series Acorn TV  (Oz produced) 8 episodes   ChaosTV

Darby and Joan

Two lone strangers trekking on the road - a retired Australian policeman with a dog as his only company and widowed English nurse - meet each other and embark on an epic odyssey in the outback of northern Australia.

----------------------

Secrets of the Spies--- BritBox  3 parts  released in march to USA -- shown last night UK TV  YouTube and others have all

Secrets of the Spies is a brand new docuseries set to expose the covert world of espionage,  we learn more about what the life of a spy is like from former MI6 officer, Matthew Dunn

---------------------------

Y Golau  =  The Light in the Hall     Thriller-- Mini series 6 episodes Welsh/English spoken- hard subs   ChaosTV

Content Warning: this programme contains:- scenes which some viewers may find disturbing

After the murder of Ela Roberts in 2002, Joe Pritchard has spent 18 years in prison but has not disclosed where the body is. When the news breaks that Joe is about to be released from prison much to Sharon, Ela's mother's horror, the journalist Cat Donato decides to return to Llanemlyn to look for answers and to discover the truth once and for all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I also like Doug Henshall. It was a little hard to find. The torrent I found only has 1 seeder & 1 leacher, So the download took ages. One other thing is that although the audio is English, it has hard coded Dutch subs. I will send the link via PM as soon as I have posted this. 

I got it going now. Only 2 seeders. Will be about hour and a half or so if they stay connected.

On a side note newest season of Shetland will start on 11 August. Doug Henshall is good in that series.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

I got it going now. Only 2 seeders. Will be about hour and a half or so if they stay connected.

On a side note newest season of Shetland will start on 11 August. Doug Henshall is good in that series.

Thanks for the Heads up about Shetland season 7. I enjoyed seasons 1-6.

I Just Killed My Dad   -- crime / doco....RARBG...3 episodes  IMDB 7.2

IMDB User review --Maybe a good story, but this documentary is so poorly made, handful of boring people trying to tell the story without a break and put whoever is watching to sleep after getting a headache. Netflix needs to improve their program quality, no wonder Netflix is struggling.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

IMDB User review --Maybe a good story, but this documentary is so poorly made, handful of boring people trying to tell the story without a break and put whoever is watching to sleep after getting a headache. Netflix needs to improve their program quality, no wonder Netflix is struggling.

I'm into the third episode and think that it's not too bad. The kid strikes me as a bit of a sociopath, so will be interested to see what kind of time he gets, if any.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Thanks for the heads up. I was in two minds as to whether to DL it or not.

I copied this one instead from Youtube.

Contained a few inconsistencies that I wasn't aware of.

• Like 2

Shetland ---BBC1- Crime/thriller season 7 --6 episodes   IMDB 8.2--Last night-&  1 episode a week...RARBG & everywhere.

Based on the novels by Ann Cleeves. who does Vera /Matthew Venn, and most everything

This will be last series with Douglas Henshall--(DI Jimmy Perez) They either kill him off or he retires, they are not saying--but not there for season 8

Douglas Henshall =. DI Perez and his team look into the secret past of a family new to Shetland when they report their vulnerable son Connor has gone missing. Parents Danny and Rachel are panicking as it turns out their son once attempted suicide - and when his scooter is found abandoned, a search is launched. However, the case takes an interesting turn when Perez discovers why the family moved to Shetland in the first place.

--------------------------------------

After the Verdict---6 episodes  Oz TV ch 9 ...... Crime/Drama  IMDB 7.4...RARBG --everywhere

Following a high profile murder trial, four everyday people try to piece together their lives again as they begin to question the case, the outcome and the day that changed their lives.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 1

Bank Robbers: The Last Great Heist---Doco Netflix  1-August.......... Spanish / English   RARBG & everywhere

https://www.filmelier.com/film/20232/bank-robbers-the-last-great-heist

Through revealing interviews, the perpetrators of Argentina's most famous bank robbery detail how,

and why, they carried out the spectacular 2006 operation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I was looking at the Netflix release --came across another one (Last year--from Netflix)  that I had not seen.

A $500 million art robbery in USA--  with a $10 million reward.

This Is a Robbery----Netflix ....Crime Doco Netflix---RARBG and others

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 1

The Teacher----Ch 5 UK.... Drama- 4 episodes --- all out RARGB  etc

Released in January---Ch5 TV doing a re-run if you missed--UK Drama , 

An emotionally troubled teacher's life begins to fall apart as she faces accusations of sleeping with a student.

Reviews--Say episode 1 slow but gets better.

36 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Currently  watching Code 404 a police comedy  with lots  of potential  and plenty of over acting. Some patches  of good dialogue but clichéd women characters. It

stars Stephen Graham and Daniel Mays -  both of whom should have laid  off the C whilst shooting.

I watched seasons 1 and 2 and thought it was okay , season 3 has just dropped so will give it a go.

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I watched seasons 1 and 2 and thought it was okay , season 3 has just dropped so will give it a go.

Yeah it was OK but could have been better. Yes season three has been 'released' and its watchable but there are obvious flaws that a more critical writer/ producer  would have addressed. I assume the two lead actors  were too busy to wait for rewrites and reshoots.

In the two shot reverse  angles you  can see the eye lines don't match especially  Graham's. Such camera  work is not acceptable

On 8/6/2022 at 8:34 PM, Mutt Daeng said:

I'm half way through Black Bird season 1 and it's pretty good so far IMHO. Well worth a look. I think it's was mentioned by @Will27, so thanks for that. I got it from TGx.

https://tv.apple.com/us/show/black-bird/umc.cmc.30gx1y8nwthydkrvhqu156p3

Completed it on Monday night. It gets a bit slow, and could perhaps have wrapped up in 3 or 4 episodes.

Really enjoyed:

Slow Horses https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5875444/

The Old Man https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5875444/

was good, but then a bit obvious at the end, or anticlimactic, or both, I can't remember.

The Lincoln Lawyer https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13833978/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_i_7

is good

Redemption https://www.amazon.com/Redemption-Season-1/dp/B0B3WG7HCQ

is excellent

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Emperor's New Clothes and Better Call Saul.

Anybody else a bored with BCS? Anybody else lost? Anybody just doesn't care or is it  only me who thinks Better Call Saul could have ended about three episodes  ago?

Ever since the restart after the hiatus I've lost interest.

I definitely  don't like those big breaks  after seven episodes. Either way- The thrill has gone!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Anybody else a bored with BCS? Anybody else lost? Anybody just doesn't care or is it  only me who thinks Better Call Saul could have ended about three episodes  ago?

I definitely  don't like those big breaks  after seven episodes. Either way- The thrill has gone!

No..

It's almost over and that makes me feel sad.

The Caliphate  is a Swedish 2019 production but actually  based on the story  of three  Muslim schoolgirls from East London who left their homes  to join ISIS in Syria. The story was  considered  too sensitive  for the BBC to make the  drama about their  flight and subsequent events. An excellent  production, gripping, dramatic with very good casting and storyline construction.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The Caliphate  is a Swedish 2019 production but actually  based on the story  of three  Muslim schoolgirls from East London who left their homes  to join ISIS in Syria. The story was  considered  too sensitive  for the BBC to make the  drama about their  flight and subsequent events. An excellent  production, gripping, dramatic with very good casting and storyline construction.

I have just finished  watching  this an can highly  recommend  it. It's not just scarily topical but the suspense is pretty stressful.  It's a great  viewing experience  despite the subtitles.

17 hours ago, samtam said:

Completed it on Monday night. It gets a bit slow, and could perhaps have wrapped up in 3 or 4 episodes.

Really enjoyed:

Slow Horses https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5875444/

The Old Man https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5875444/

was good, but then a bit obvious at the end, or anticlimactic, or both, I can't remember.

The Lincoln Lawyer https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13833978/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_i_7

is good

Redemption https://www.amazon.com/Redemption-Season-1/dp/B0B3WG7HCQ

is excellent

I also enjoyed Slow Horses & The Old man. I've downloaded Redemption and will be watching it soon. I'm currently downloading The Lincoln Lawyer from TGx - thanks for the recommendation.

16 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

When a season is released in 2 parts, I always wait until the complete season is available before watching it.

10 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Thanks. Downloading now from 1337x.