Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's,90's Music (2022)

CharlieH

12 hours ago, bannork said:

I used to have a great uptempo live version of Kansas City bu one of the great black pianists but I can't find it, so frustrating!

Meade Lux lewis instead.

This one??? (Which AFAIK is the original (with K.C. Loving being the original title)

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Hellfire said:

Listen, bannork, is that your comment under this video with 1.9 k likes? What a coincidence (because this is one of my favorite songs of all times) ! If so, it is my honor to meet you “in person” here.

Yes, that's me. Jimi takes us beyond ourselves and for that we should be eternally grateful. it's nice to touch a world beyond the mundane.

Today I read scientists think there may be a parallel universe to our own where time goes backwards.

I suspect Jimi knows something about this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, jvs said:

I remember when i was 12 years old i took this record to music class and the teacher

played it for us on a good sound system,amazing.

At home we just had a very cheap record player.

Heard it live a few times also,they just stopped performing a few months ago.

They started playing in 1961 and stopped in 2021.

Truly an amazing band.

Yes absolutely, also a great band to see live. I had the pleasure once (many moons ago).

The only reason they stopped is because of the illness of their guitarist and co-founder George Kooymans

https://nltimes.nl/2021/02/06/legendary-rock-band-golden-earring-stops-60-years-als-diagnosis

A real shame!!

Edited by MJCM

51 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Yes absolutely, also a great band to see live. I had the pleasure once (many moons ago).

The only reason they stopped is because of the illness of their guitarist and co-founder George Kooymans

https://nltimes.nl/2021/02/06/legendary-rock-band-golden-earring-stops-60-years-als-diagnosis

A real shame!!

Absolutely a shame,i really admire the fact that when George had to stop he did not even consider finding a replacement.

They had been playing in the same setting for so long they considered each other family.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2022 at 9:02 AM, MJCM said:

This one??? (Which AFAIK is the original (with K.C. Loving being the original title)

The version I'm thinking of MJCM ( wondering if the CM means Chiang Mai) was set live in the 70s or 80s  I'll check mu old hard drive.

• Like 1

I am actually of the 80s-90s music generation. Heavy metal, Iron Maiden , Metallica, Nirvana etc. However, the older I get, the more I understand that the best of the Rock music was created and performed somewhere between 1965-1975. Though, I am afraid, I would never be able to understand this without my father’s direct influence. RIP.

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, bannork said:

The version I'm thinking of MJCM ( wondering if the CM means Chiang Mai)

Nothing of the sorts ????  (First letters of the names of me my wife and father and mother)

15 hours ago, bannork said:

was set live in the 70s or 80s  I'll check mu old hard drive.

Looking forward to it!