Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's,90's Music (2022)

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, DBath said:

That was a a memorable part of that film - The Outlaw Josey Wales. BTW, is that the same native American that was in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest? Mmmmmm, Juicy Fruit!

Yes he was,also a great movie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

Yes he was,also a great movie.

Back in the day we teenagers who lived in smaller cities would go driving on weekends, typically on the 'main drag' to pick up girls and such. The primary movie theater in my home town (Fort Collins, CO) was playing 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest'. The movie was very popular then, so there was a long line of people waiting to get into the next showing. As we drove by, I heard someone in the car behind us stick their head out the window and yell to the people waiting in line, "The Indian talks!!!" I almost died laughing at that one for many years to come.

5 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Americans were never Knighted. 555

Wasn't given the title 'Sir' by being knighted by QE II but a still a knight of sorts.

From Wiki:

In 1993, Colin Powell was created an honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath by Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom.

Edited by bobandyson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

The best female singer after Karen Carpenter.

Did you know that Leon Russell wrote the Carpenter’s hit “Superstar”? I find that very interesting given their styles seem to be at completely opposite ends of the music spectrum.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, DBath said:

Did you know that Leon Russell wrote the Carpenter’s hit “Superstar”? I find that very interesting given their styles seem to be at completely opposite ends of the music spectrum.

and that Joe Osbourne, the bassist on most of their recordings, used the same bass guitar strings for 17 years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, bannork said:

Neil Diamond wrote I'm A Believer as well as couple of  other Monkees' hits.

When I was 10 years old, The Monkees were one of the hottest things going - I even used to watch their tv show religiously. I recall they caught some serious flack when excessive lip syncing by the group came to light.

Edited by DBath
  • Like 2