Avoid Makro Friday 31

Stubby

Hi, folks. 

You may want to give Makro Mae Hia a miss today if you're worried about coronavirus. I was there at around 10 am, and it was packed and getting busier all the time. Seriously, it was like a gigantic Petri dish. Parking is also bumper-to-bumper. And few were social distancing inside; it would have been difficult anyway due to the numbers. It might quieten down later in the day, but my guess it's going to get even busier, at least until early evening.

Stubby

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were in Khon Kaen makro at 7.30 am on 29th - it was ridiculously busy then, and agreed, it scares the hell out of me. Whenever food is involved social distancing doesn’t goes out the window.

We then rode past the vaccination site, an covered night market, and saw a long snake of people all bumper to bumper, breathing down each other’s necks, again, social distancing only matters in when people pass through the gate and have to sit 2m apart. It’s making me think twice about getting a second jab, if the local hospital can’t effectively manage an appointment system.

• Like 1

Found Big C2 Hang Dong the same way....Zip for parking was the first clue....

To be fair they did have all cashier's open & were handling the brisk pace....

People loading up gifts for their NY exchanges.....

It's the busiest I've seen it over the past few years .....

1 minute ago, flare said:

I've never seen a longer line just to get into the Makro HD parking lot at around 1:00PM today- traffic was backed up to the intersection.

Yes, this is what I mean. As others have stated, it's always busy at this time of year, but this year seems extreme. I saw similar traffic ques yesterday at around the same time, so I didn't bother going in. But it wasn't much different at 10 am this morning. There certainly doesn't seem to be any fear of the coronavirus. Still, that may be a good thing now... all things considered.