Situation in Ko Samet and Ko Chang. Tourists? Alcohol?

khrai

Hi,

I am planning a road trip along the Eastern Coast, but I am wondering how Covid is affecting the tourist scene.

What is the tourist situation in Ko Samet or Ko Chang? Or the Rayong coast? I suppose most hotels and restaurants are open.  Do restaurants serve alcohol?

Thanks!

Might want to check out youtube, and filter this week or even today.  One showing food & beer, from the 26th on samet @ 17:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TnfJQO07h4

What last week or today is like, may or may not be what tomorrow will be like.  BYO to be on the safe side ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, khrai said:

Or the Rayong coast? I suppose most hotels and restaurants are open.  Do restaurants serve alcohol?

Some are open, some are not. A week before Christmas we went for a couple of nights to the Marriott at  Laem Mae Phim - a dreary place, not worth the cost. Their only restaurant open in the evening was the cafe beside the foyer, limited menu and no alcohol. Down at a nearby beach you could get a beer, no trouble. Rayong does not permit the service of alcohol in restaurants and bars, and it seems that larger establishments have to stick to the rules, but beach-side cafes feel free to ignore them.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 12:21 PM, DrJack54 said:

The gf is telling me that from today Jan 20 an ATK test is required to enter Koh Samet.

Can anyone confirm.

Ta. 

Sorry no isea about Samet but her indoors told me this morning that Koh Chang has a load of covid cases as of today. Hospital quite busy.

• Thanks 1