Likelihood of Covid extensions continuing or not after Jan.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Ah, a question on many folks mind.

My GUESS is that the covid extensions will be continued.

Maybe crazy but my thinking was they would continue till such time that a/some land borders would open. 

Omicron it in it's infancy in Thailand. Matter of time for it to be widespread here..

Bit surprised by recent reports of negative statements to few folk along lines ..." This is your last one".

Request at CW of outbound flight. Don't understand why. 

So #1 and 2 for me.

isn't the laos land border open ? wasn't it suppose to open January 1st. ? any info appreciated

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's not open to tourists.

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's not open to tourists.

I found what i have read about it.........did this happen ?      Starting December 24, the Nong Khai border checkpoint will be opened with special protocols in order to prevent the transmission of Covid-19. The opening will mark the first land border to operate using the Test & Go entry scheme that only requires fully vaccinated travellers entering to take an RT-PCR Covid-19 test and wait for the negative results before being allowed to travel freely throughout all of Thailand.  Other land borders are expected to follow suit with Thailand intending to open all international land borders on January 1 including Ubon Ratchathani, Nakhon Phanom, and Mukdahan, all along Thailand’s border with Laos.

49 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

All Test&Go has been scrapped Dec 24 till further notice. Review on Jan 4, if I remember correctly.

Think review something like Jan 24 better idea. 

Give bit of time after all the travellers are back to Bangkok or wherever..

Full on here ...no masks etc. 

Picture Jan 1.

IMG_20220101_215748_699.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

It's sure it will not be forever and when that time will come it will be bye bye for falang with COVID extension ????

Why would it be bye bye?? Theres always a way to Stay in Thailand. Plenty of options. Just go visit a visa agent and they can sort something out... ????????????????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Why would it be bye bye?? Theres always a way to Stay in Thailand. Plenty of options. Just go visit a visa agent and they can sort something out... ????????????????

Think that's a stretch.

Agents can only do so much.

When covid extensions end there will be no option for some to remain.

Living in SEA ongoing is possible but requires land borders to be open or easy flights and return to nearby countries such as Vietnam.

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Think that's a stretch.

Agents can only do so much.

When covid extensions end there will be no option for some to remain.

Living in SEA ongoing is possible but requires land borders to be open or easy flights and return to nearby countries such as Vietnam.

If worst came to worst people can always jump ship and move to Cambodia for a while ,with flights back on its always an option. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daithi85 said:

If worst came to worst people can always jump ship and move to Cambodia for a while ,with flights back on its always an option. 

True. Lot depends on requirements for return to Thailand. A tourist visa obtained in PP can take days, but ok joint to chill.

If test and go was available then it's an option.

The numbers in Vietnam are bad so can't see that option any time soon.

Think we are mounting good argument for covid extensions to continue. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Agent can't do everything and when this covid extension ends there will be not so many options to stay, unless you do not marry or retire( but you need to have a lot of money haha)

• Confused 1

Remember what happened last Songkran with domestic travel?

Give it two weeks to see the effects of all the Christmas and New Year travel, and then there will be a clearer picture. I know more people are vaccinated, but Omicron doesn't seem to care about that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

I just wish they did not leave it until the day before to announce the continuation or not of covid extensions

Don't they announce it around the time of the final date of application for the covid extension? So most people will have just got the two months when they announce the extension?

So this month they should make an announcement near the end of January and most people will have extended until some time in March. I think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I can never understand why some folk on here take delight in this ???

If they increased the Covid extensions to 90 days, i bet people like you wouldnt be able to sleep at night.

#longlivethecovidextensions

I have marriage extension which I extend every year so I have nothing to do with covid extensions and I sleep very well at night, don't worry ????

• Confused 3

5 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Don't they announce it around the time of the final date of application for the covid extension? So most people will have just got the two months when they announce the extension?

So this month they should make an announcement near the end of January and most people will have extended until some time in March. I think.

Not quite that simple. I am stamped in till mid Feb. If I wait till the announcement and it is a 'no' then I have one day to get to immigration and hope it is not rammed and an extra bit of paperwork has not been sneaked in to the requirements.

As it is I will go a few days before and get it done. At Chiang Mai for your first Covid ext your 60 days starts from application so I will only get till mid March. Had this confirmed by two mates who have had covid extensions and one agent so don't shoot the messenger here.

No big deal. If it is continued I will just go again in March. Hopefully by then I get get back to Oz to see the family.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

Agent can't do everything and when this covid extension ends there will be not so many options to stay, unless you do not marry or retire( but you need to have a lot of money haha)

Can I ask you a question sir, you seem to get upset at  the thought of anyone using covid extensions,how do feel about people living here on retirement visas who don't meet the financial requirements and pay a visa agent to sort there problem.??  The thought of that must cause u to have some serious nightmares. ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Can I ask you a question sir, you seem to get upset at  the thought of anyone using covid extensions,how do feel about people living here on retirement visas who don't meet the financial requirements and pay a visa agent to sort there problem.??  The thought of that must cause u to have some serious nightmares. ????

As I said before I have nothing to do with covid extensions and retirement visas. I am married and am very happy ????

• Confused 1