Chon Buri Launches Proactive COVID-19 Case-finding Operations

webfact

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

81% of cases in Bang Lamung district alone were also determined to be the Omicron coronavirus variant.

That should tell the head honchos in Bangkok and the CCSA that this is spreading fast and they need to test everywhere to get ahead of this.  However, they could care less and will just create more silly restrictions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

So to limit the spread and contagion rate of the Omicron Virus, it is best to allow a Music festival to go ahead all over the Weekend.

Money above all Health and welfare.

All these tests also send a message as to why bother getting vaccinated when you still have to do an ATK to gain access to anywhere.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

All these tests also send a message as to why bother getting vaccinated when you still have to do an ATK to gain access to anywhere.

Because vaccinated people can still be infected with the virus.

Vaccination doesn't guarantee you won't get the virus, but it might help relieve your suffering if you do get the virus.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, redsongthaew said:

Vaccination doesn't guarantee you won't get the virus, but it might help relieve your suffering if you do get the virus.

I do realise this I am double vaccinated, but what I was saying is some people could think why bother if you still have to test and there are many out there who are against vaccinations

• Like 2

2 hours ago, redsongthaew said:

Tell us something we don't know.

22 hours ago, wombat said:

i'd prefer to read your pov first

I was sarcastically pointing out the lack of logic: why does serving alcohol with a meal increase the danger of transmitting COVID? Of course, it does not: the real reason for the regulation is to stop the consumption of alcohol in "restaurants" that are really just places to drink.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 5:26 PM, ThailandRyan said:

That should tell the head honchos in Bangkok and the CCSA that this is spreading fast and they need to test everywhere to get ahead of this.  However, they could care less and will just create more silly restrictions.

Well if it's any good news, in SA they abandoned tracer apps, and told people not to bother getting tested just to stay home for 5 days and then wear a mask for 3 days, but they also said seek medical treatment if symptoms get worse, over 93 % Omicron was the last count a few days ago and the UK is up there as well, however older people are still at risk of more severe infection. The USA is expected to peek by the end of January and Australia, and by the sounds of this Thailand is getting there as well. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Goethe said:

I was sarcastically pointing out the lack of logic: why does serving alcohol with a meal increase the danger of transmitting COVID? Of course, it does not: the real reason for the regulation is to stop the consumption of alcohol in "restaurants" that are really just places to drink.

You answered your own question .....Doesn't the explosion of Covid infections for Banglamung tie in with serving alcohol in the slightest????

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 11:19 AM, jacko45k said:

This sounds rather Orwellian!

I dread the approach of obligatory test and isolation if positive...... 

Calm down, it is all going to be Omicron and the signs indicate just a need for tissues.... I hope.

Hospitalizations are exceeding the new infection rate in New York.

52 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Not a good idea to have a test conducted by the authorities, when a false positive could land you in a hospital for 2 weeks.

Are they actually enforcing that or telling people to go home and stay home for x days or what?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Hospitalizations are exceeding the new infection rate in New York.

An update I saw recently attributed a few factors to that situation, although I think it was more generally USA..... still some Delta infections in play, and high levels of obesity. 

I am with you in respect that it might be too soon to get the noisemakers out and make celebration just yet!

On 1/3/2022 at 12:09 PM, Geoffggi said:

I do realise this I am double vaccinated, but what I was saying is some people could think why bother if you still have to test and there are many out there who are against vaccinations

What you are saying is that you think some people might be complete idiots.

You're probably right.