Khao San Road reinvents itself - foreigners have disappeared so businesses focus on Thais

webfact

19 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Ha ha ha. But thousands didn't get ripped  off, had  a great time  and used the place as an international  crossroads with nightlife  music, shopping,   food, friendship, contacts, great drugs, travel bargains, jobs and the start of so many adventures and so much fun...

It's deader than a box of railroad spikes now - and it will never recover.  That goose has been cooked, eaten, and the bones thrown to the soi dogs.  It ain't coming back - ever.

Next in line:  Pai and Koh Phangan.

That's Ok.  Eventually places like Vietnam and Mexico will fill that vacuum.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 4:25 PM, hotchilli said:

Looking at the prospects for 2022 that's a wise move... I just wonder why he didn't think of it at the end of 2020?

Because they were talking about every farang (not Thai) would have to be tested for covid, and pay for it, before entering.  That kind of racism tends to not attract customers.  If true then no wonder now left with only Thais.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 10:31 PM, LaosLover said:

So where am I supposed to buy a broken down copy of The Beach or The DaVinci code now?

and to watch Bridge on the River Kwai??  I found the place was good for a visit, crazy Songkran events, and a good stepping stone but could never understand the places full of backpackers who travelled 1000's of kms to watch an old movie lol!

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2022 at 7:31 AM, LaosLover said:

So where am I supposed to buy a broken down copy of The Beach or The DaVinci code now?

...........and watch endless running DVD's that each establishment is promoting all the while sipping on a banana smoothie and "feeling the exotic vibe".  

• Like 1