Thailand’s Minister of Public Health officially proposes to Covid-Center to postpone resuming “Test and Go” until at least the end of January

webfact

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet the Test N Go approval still has not changed for those approved.  Must not be in a hurry.

Screenshot_20220104-113008_Chrome.jpg

Its interesting that its nearly 16:00 and no word has come out. I suspect Test and Go will remain suspended however the main argument may be over those pre-approved to enter Thailand after 10 Jan and particularly the number of Thai citizens concerned. The mechanics of flights, PCR tests, hotel booking and allowing the validity of bringing Thailand Passes forward in time is not easy. 

On 1/4/2022 at 3:53 PM, Bkktodd said:

Walk around Naklua. big C Extra. Soi baukhao. I see with my own eyes too. 

According to your previous comment your not in Pattaya, u said your friend in Pattaya told u foreigners aren't wearing masks. U also said you may have to quarantine coming into thailand. So how can u see if your not here? 

5 minutes ago, tso310 said:

Its interesting that its nearly 16:00 and no word has come out. I suspect Test and Go will remain suspended however the main argument may be over those pre-approved to enter Thailand after 10 Jan and particularly the number of Thai citizens concerned. The mechanics of flights, PCR tests, hotel booking and allowing the validity of bringing Thailand Passes forward in time is not easy. 

It is one aspect that needs to be truly looked at. So many have already made plans and yet are now hanging in the balance with an approval for Test N Go.  I know many Thai's in the US who have planned trips back in late January and February since the US lifted certain restrictions starting last November.  They already booked their flights and made the reservations and paid for it all as well as completing the Thai Pass Test N Go and obtaining approval so they can visit home for a two to 3 week period as that is all of the time they have available. I did the same thing in setting a trip to the US to clean up personal business and then return once the US lifted certain restrictions.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2022 at 4:02 PM, Daithi85 said:

According to your previous comment your not in Pattaya, u said your friend in Pattaya told u foreigners aren't wearing masks. U also said you may have to quarantine coming into thailand. So how can u see if your not here? 

Shall i show you my travel records? I left Pattaya 19 November   4 trips in 2021. 4 quarantines (14/14/7/7days) so dont tell me what i saw.  I speak daily with my friend and i can send you plenty of photos maskless farangs.  I despise unvaxxed and unmasked when it seems to drag out this covid in Thailand and elsewhere.  

797C4A32-A232-41DF-BB24-C2798D3C1CBF.jpeg

6 hours ago, tso310 said:

... The mechanics of flights, PCR tests, hotel booking and allowing the validity of bringing Thailand Passes forward in time is not easy. 

If it were up to me I'd keep things simple and unbureaucratic. Just officially announce that holders of TPs need to show a quarantine booking after landing (on top of their 1-night booking). No no need to cancel then, only top-up. However, I have a strong feeling things will turn out infinitely more intractable.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 10:57 PM, aussiexpat said:

Says only the people that have no money to invest...what a ridiculous statement 

Not really, I have exactly the same ethos including applying the same to Thai women/relationships?  So far it’s done me alright?

Why invest in a country where the rules are ever changing and stacked against you, when I can make more elsewhere with a greatly reduced risk profile?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Postmaster said:

Have I got this right. Test and Go still an option until the 10th January with everything in place but from the 11th its either 7 days quarantine or Sandbox entry?

Not sure if entry with 7 days quarantine is possible, much less how to get your quarantine booking approved.

37 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

why no announcement like they said for the 4th...?

This gets to be ridiculous now...about the throw towel in and look again October.

They are still thinking what to do. Not surprised at all. Noone wants to be responsible for the consequences of the decision

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ololosha said:

They are still thinking what to do. Not surprised at all. Noone wants to be responsible for the consequences of the decision

COVID-19: UK records 218,724 cases and 48 deaths in latest daily figures.  

• Sad 1

On 1/3/2022 at 6:55 PM, law ling said:

All because of what that Israeli guy did?

No, because the stupid worlds puppets are being controlled into thinking that Omicron is as bad as delta when it can not be stopped and is displacing delta and creating good immunity, at least that's what the data from SA is saying. UK data is very similar to the SA data, mild symptoms and lower hospital rates but very high transmission it's spreading really fast now in Australia and same thing happening as SA. Dr Campbell put the data up yesterday that said in the order of who fairs best it was 3 jabs 1 and no jabs 2 then 2 jabs were bottom. With natural immunity to both delta and Omicron development after infection. 

5 minutes ago, NicholasTH said:

A lot of things are not adding up but hey this is Thailand after all .. omg ???? 

Still don't get what you wanted to say posting UK statistics in relation to test&go program and 130 000 people that have applied for it before 22nd December and waiting for the government decision whether they will be allowed to enter after 10th January or not. 

4 minutes ago, ololosha said:

Still don't get what you wanted to say posting UK statistics in relation to test&go program and 130 000 people that have applied for it before 22nd December and waiting for the government decision whether they will be allowed to enter after 10th January or not. 

Things are definitely getting manipulated  again..

Just like other forecasts when come out in Thailand.. 

25 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

No, because the stupid worlds puppets are being controlled into thinking that Omicron is as bad as delta when it can not be stopped and is displacing delta and creating good immunity, at least that's what the data from SA is saying. UK data is very similar to the SA data, mild symptoms and lower hospital rates but very high transmission it's spreading really fast now in Australia and same thing happening as SA. Dr Campbell put the data up yesterday that said in the order of who fairs best it was 3 jabs 1 and no jabs 2 then 2 jabs were bottom. With natural immunity to both delta and Omicron development after infection. 

Concerning Omicron replacing Delta, it's more likely that Delta is fading out all by itself. 

6 hours ago, JackGats said:

Not sure if entry with 7 days quarantine is possible, much less how to get your quarantine booking approved.

Basically the only way to enter Thailand would be through the Phuket sandbox after Jan 10. At the time of writing it is a proposal only put out by Anutin's ministry. Ithink its a certainty that Test and Go will remain suspended until February, at least. The issue is with the 90,000(?) people with approved Thailand Pass QR codes. The government has already said it will honour the approved passes and also publicly said, last week(?), that the rumours about Jan 10 arrivals cut-off were not true. Anutin possibly started these rumours along with his stating he was prepared to become the next PM is Prayuth stood down. I got a feeling that there is not a lot of love between the two and perhaps the compromise would be to allow the issued Pass holders to continue to arrive or a later cut off. I suspect we will find out later today after the CCSA meeting.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tso310 said:

I suspect we will find out later today after the CCSA meeting.

Do we know if any meeting takes place today?:) 

I'm basically sitting now and thinking whether to rebook tickets and sha plus hotel for 1 night in Bangkok to enter Thailand before 10th or just relax (i doubt i can now) and wait. 

14 hours ago, Bkktodd said:

Walk around Naklua. big C Extra. Soi baukhao. I see with my own eyes too. 

I have been to Big-CX and there I thought masks were being worn..... some falangs are too dim to pull them up over their noses, and some are removed in the coffee shops. But other than that mostly compliance. Out where all the foreign tourists are, well, I would expect it....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ololosha said:

Do we know if any meeting takes place today?:) 

I'm basically sitting now and thinking whether to rebook tickets and sha plus hotel for 1 night in Bangkok to enter Thailand before 10th or just relax (i doubt i can now) and wait. 

Today (5th) Thai time. I was surprised there was no announcement on the 4th. If a decision is made I would expect it by 15:00 Thai time. Technically rebooking etc can be down in a couple of days. There may be issues of changed details with existing issued Passes. You know what Thai bureaucracy is like. How you rebook your flights is another issue. Do you take a hit and cancel the existing booking and make a new one or rely on the airline to move the day ?

Edited by tso310

29 minutes ago, tso310 said:

Today (5th) Thai time. I was surprised there was no announcement on the 4th. If a decision is made I would expect it by 15:00 Thai time. Technically rebooking etc can be down in a couple of days. There may be issues of changed details with existing issued Passes. You know what Thai bureaucracy is like. How you rebook your flights is another issue. Do you take a hit and cancel the existing booking and make a new one or rely on the airline to move the day ?

I've contacted local Thai consulate beforehand and they've asked to provide them adjusted flight confirmation and Sha plus hotel confirmation for the desired dates and then they can adjust my pre-approved TP for Test&go scheme.

Adjusting the flight is not an issue in my case, but the hotel...let's see if they can do it... But adjusting the QR doesn't seem to be a big deal for the embassy to what I've heard from them yesterday (4th), was quite surprised, didn't know this option exists at all 

Edited by ololosha

On 1/3/2022 at 7:27 PM, aussiexpat said:

After January 10, anyone who enters Thailand would only be able to do so via the Phuket Sandbox.

So how can I enter via Phuket Sandbox when my flight arrives in Bangkok 12 Jan with hotel, taxi and PCR Tests already paid for Bangkok...

Good question, if Ubon Joe is reading this ,Joe my freind is panicking now as he is booked for the 22nd to enter via AQ facility, he has not made the AQ booking yet so will he be still able to enter this way???? as Mr Anutin says only people using the Phuket Sandbox can enter???

3 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Good question, if Ubon Joe is reading this ,Joe my freind is panicking now as he is booked for the 22nd to enter via AQ facility, he has not made the AQ booking yet so will he be still able to enter this way???? as Mr Anutin says only people using the Phuket Sandbox can enter???

I just booked 7 day AQ today, so your friend need not panic.

8 minutes ago, ololosha said:

The 10th January deadline is only for those who have applied for Test&go program before 22nd December

However I do not see any official confirmation about it so far

Everything is still up in the air.  So many variables and so many, upwards of 90,000 could be disenfranchised as they planned for trips later in January and into February with all already paid for and Test N Go approved for the 1 day Q.  We will need to wait until its officially published in the Royal Gazette on Friday after the meeting.

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Everything is still up in the air.  So many variables and so many, upwards of 90,000 could be disenfranchised as they planned for trips later in January and into February with all already paid for and Test N Go approved for the 1 day Q.  We will need to wait until its officially published in the Royal Gazette on Friday after the meeting.

I can't wait till Friday. If it's released on Friday it means I have few hours to rebook tickets/Sha plus and change the QR code for my TP in the embassy (as well as thousands of other people, which is just impossible timewise) to enter Thailand by the 10th...

• Like 1