Told twice to "come back tomorrow"

When I requested a Covid extension yesterday, 6th Jan. I was told to come back on the 21st. That was at Pak Cheung, Surin.

Perhaps an announcement is expected on or before that date!

8 minutes ago, fgmr said:

When I requested a Covid extension yesterday, 6th Jan. I was told to come back on the 21st. That was at Pak Cheung, Surin.

Perhaps an announcement is expected on or before that date!

When does your current permit expire. 

49 minutes ago, fgmr said:

4th Feb. is my EXIt Date

Some offices like to do the extension up to couple weeks prior to expiry of current permit.

That would match up with approx Jan 20.

As for io knowing anything about random announcement, that would not be the case. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Antiparovian said:

Once again, please elaborate about your "Volunteering"...

Volunteering is the new way of staying in Thailand when no other visa/extension is suitable, it replaced the monthly border hops and ed visa, 

23 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

The lady directed me to make copies on site and affix my photo to a page where she put some roll on glue.

Seriously. 

With all the previous issues you turned up without a TM7 form already  filled in with your photo attached. 

Guess saves on glue. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 6:13 PM, bkk6060 said:

Well good, then maybe you could ask them why they sent you home twice before.  Please post their response.

thanks 

If it was me, without raising my voice and speaking in a normal manner, I would just ask the IO to please explain why I was twice asked to come back tomorrow. if you get no satisfaction, then ask to see his/her boss.

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

If it was me, without raising my voice and speaking in a normal manner, I would just ask the IO to please explain why I was twice asked to come back tomorrow. if you get no satisfaction, then ask to see his/her boss.

The OP, had an extension volunteering obtained through an Agent

Recently there were reports from folk in same situation where their immigration office was refusing to give covid extensions to these folk. 

Seems that the OP was obtaining a 30 day extension? 

Find the whole thread confusing. 

• Like 2

They gave me 27 days (Feb 3). The immigration officer being Thai probably didn't bother switching the stamp for Friday applications vs Monday ones.

On the 3rd I'll not go early and plan to kill another day just for this

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hal65 said:

They gave me 27 days (Feb 3). The immigration officer being Thai probably didn't bother switching the stamp for Friday applications vs Monday ones.

That is crazy that they gave you just that... Anyone else experienced covid extensions with just a month granted?

I had to do a Covid Extension with Pattaya Immigration a few months ago and it appears they have a daily limit for the Covid ext, once the limit is reached (120?) they will tell customers to come back the next day,   it's best to show up early in the morning (be there before they open) to have a better chance of getting one, if you show up "late" you'll be told to come back the next day again as they've already reached their daily limit.

2 hours ago, Hal65 said:

To be clear, that's your "under consideration" return date, right? So it doesn't really matter when exactly it is, as you'll get the remainder of your 60-day extension then.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 5:22 PM, Hal65 said:

@BKKTRAVELER Yeah probably 30 days from what others were saying. 60 if lucky though I think it's 30 + 30 (extension) at this time. They really want to make it arduous for us.

My last Covid ext stamp from Pattaya IO was 30 day + 30 day, and for the 2nd half just simply drop off the passport with some paperwork with the lady working the 90 day reporting desk in the parking lot, told to come back the next business day after 10am to pick it up.

20 hours ago, bbko said:

My last Covid ext stamp from Pattaya IO was 30 day + 30 day, and for the 2nd half just simply drop off the passport with some paperwork with the lady working the 90 day reporting desk in the parking lot, told to come back the next business day after 10am to pick it up.

Thanks, how do you know this? I see no special note around the stamp

5 hours ago, Caldera said:

Does your stamp say "application of stay is under consideration"

Yes it says this one. So I guess you were correct in your last post.

Also in blue ink they wrote "913/65." I have no idea what it means.

913 days is 2.5 years. I sure hope they aren't relaying how long I've been in the country continuously! Because i think it is roughly that amount of time.

Edited by Hal65

14 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

Yes it says this one. So I guess you were correct in your last post.

Also in blue ink they wrote "913/65." I have no idea what it means.

913 days is 2.5 years. I sure hope they aren't relaying how long I've been in the country continuously! Because i think it is roughly that amount of time.

65 is almost certainly the year (2565). My guess is that the 913 is a sequential number within year. Whatever, you do not need to worry about it. It is basically just a filing reference for easy location of your record when you return at the end of the under consideration period.

• Like 1