Issues with Nord VPN

sirineou

After running an update, I can no longer use Nor VPN , . When I click to the shortcut on my desk top it prompts me to finish set up which I do , after set up is completed it prompts me to click to link to return to the desk top shortcut and log on but when I try to log on it asks me to finish setup again. I have done this several times with no success . Their customer support at best sucks. The best I have found so far is a frequently asked questions that does not address  my issue, they don't have a live chat option that I can find, or a customer support telephone number,

I send them an Email at [email protected] but a week later they have not replied. I have six months remaining in my one year prepaid subscription  butif I cant resolve this issue I plan to dump them  and and purchase a express VPN subscription. 

11 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Their customer support at best sucks.

I also had problems with their " customer support "

I had a problem , took their advice , didn't work , returned to " customer support "

each time I did this . I got a different person and had to explain what was happening and what they had suggested and the outcome.

This happened Eight times  , there was no case number to follow , and they could not remedy the fault , so in the end I told them how poor their support was. After Eight uninstalls and reinstalls and various other suggestions it wore me down ,

and I changed to another VPN provider.

NordVPN cannot connect to the BBC IPlayer . 

My new one has no problem.

Edited by NE1
  • Like 1

Just now, NE1 said:

I had a problem , took their advice , didn't work , returned to " customer support "

each time I did this . I got a different person and had to explain what was happening and what they had suggested and the outcome.

This happened Eight times  , there was no case number to follow , and they could not remedy the fault , so in the end I told them how non existant their support was.

Never had to contact support so far, so I can't really comment on their performance in that respect, but I watch BBC iPlayer every day using a NordVPN connection.

14 minutes ago, sirineou said:

After running an update, I can no longer use Nor VPN , . When I click to the shortcut on my desk top it prompts me to finish set up which I do , after set up is completed it prompts me to click to link to return to the desk top shortcut and log on but when I try to log on it asks me to finish setup again. I have done this several times with no success . Their customer support at best sucks. The best I have found so far is a frequently asked questions that does not address  my issue, they don't have a live chat option that I can find, or a customer support telephone number,

I send them an Email at [email protected] but a week later they have not replied. I have six months remaining in my one year prepaid subscription  butif I cant resolve this issue I plan to dump them  and and purchase a express VPN subscription. 

Could it be a problem with your desktop shortcut? Can you locate the actual NordVPN.exe and try running that?

Mine is located at C:\Program Files\NordVPN\NordVPN.exe

• Thanks 1

What version? 6.41?

https://nordvpn.com/blog/nordvpn-windows-release-notes/

Maybe roll-back to 6.40?

I'm sure it's something simple, obviously you already restarted the PC after the update. Just a matter of stepping through things logically.

I do not autolaunch Nord on Windows Start-up. I'm currently on 6.40.5.0

I did get the upgrade prompt this morning, clicked on Remind Me later thanks to your post.

I'm sure it will get addressed soon. Assume you've scanned the support groups (Nord and elsewhere)?

norpipg.png

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Maybe deinstall, reboot computer and then reinstall ?

Yea , I was thinking of that also , but I wanted to check first and see if there was something else I ahold do first. 

2 hours ago, NE1 said:

This happened Eight times  , there was no case number to follow , and they could not remedy the fault , so in the end I told them how poor their support was. After Eight uninstalls and reinstalls and various other suggestions it wore me down ,

How do you call their customer support number? I googled it but could not find a number to cal. if I am not able to resolve this thing soon, I will also singn up with someone else , Perhaps Express VPN 

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

ExpressVPN use for years never a problem...

Yea as I said , if I dont get this thing resolved soon I will switch to Express also

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Could it be a problem with your desktop shortcut? Can you locate the actual NordVPN.exe and try running that?

Mine is located at C:\Program Files\NordVPN\NordVPN.exe

Thank you, I'll take a look at that

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

NordVPN use for years never a problem...

I did not have a problem for the first six months until the last update, I am very disappointed by their lack of support. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sirineou said:

How do you call their customer support number?

I had to do everything through their customer support under the " help " drop down menu.

and this starts a dialogue with e mail....This is the last e mail I sent to them , I couldn't be bothered after they had worn me down. In bold was what the 7th agent told me , I had shut down my computer while still connected to the VPN. By now I think they were clutching at straws.

This is getting ridiculous , you are now the 8th different person to join this discussion.
and all continuity is lost.
I have never shut down my computer while being connected to the VPN.

Please read through previous e mails and you  will find out what my problem is.
To be honest I am  getting fed up having to repeat everything everytime I get a new " customer service agent " replying.
I believe that the latest update has done some damage somewhere in the config.
If your customer service team is that intent on helping me , please read through all previous e mails and your responses .
Otherwise we are going round in circles , 
Edited by NE1

@sirineou

Deinstall, reboot computer and then reinstall is normally the first thing to try. Also the easiest. 

In most cases anyway. I wonder why you look at other stuff first. In some cases i understand it if the program contains a lot of data and stuff but a VPN app, first thing id do is the measure i described.

20 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I had to do everything through their customer support under the " help " drop down menu.

and this starts a dialogue with e mail....This is the last e mail I sent to them , I couldn't be bothered after they had worn me down. In bold was what the 7th agent told me , I had shut down my computer while still connected to the VPN. By now I think they were clutching at straws.

This is getting ridiculous , you are now the 8th different person to join this discussion.
and all continuity is lost.
I have never shut down my computer while being connected to the VPN.

Please read through previous e mails and you  will find out what my problem is.
To be honest I am  getting fed up having to repeat everything everytime I get a new " customer service agent " replying.
I believe that the latest update has done some damage somewhere in the config.
If your customer service team is that intent on helping me , please read through all previous e mails and your responses .
Otherwise we are going round in circles , 

@NE1 after reading this I can understand your frustration and I think I would be in the same frame of mind as you are. Hope you have better experiences in the future.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NE1 said:

what vpn are you now using 

4 hours ago, NE1 said:

Name of new good one? I use Express VPN

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 3:39 AM, sirineou said:

Yea , I was thinking of that also , but I wanted to check first and see if there was something else I ahold do first. 

How do you call their customer support number? I googled it but could not find a number to cal. if I am not able to resolve this thing soon, I will also singn up with someone else , Perhaps Express VPN 

Yea as I said , if I dont get this thing resolved soon I will switch to Express also

Thank you, I'll take a look at that

I did not have a problem for the first six months until the last update, I am very disappointed by their lack of support. 

I agree and mostly, the different support people never read the full thread only the last post so often they restate what's said before or fail to see previous info given and ask for it again!

I've been with them for many years but as time goes on they have become less reliable and the support less supportive. I suppose this is a result of them becoming one of the largest VPN suppliers  where each individual customer becomes less and less important. Sometime ago they tried to insist that I update to a version that used a browser to log in I declined to do this and had a long debate with their support about the insecurity of browser based logins - all fruitless because I suspect the move to a browser based login was marketing led not security led. (allowing them to show users all their other "wonderful" products after login).

I am still with them and still refusing to update to the latest version in spite constant reminders to do so. I only stay with them because I still have a year left on my 3 year prepaid contract. When that's up BYE BYE.

• Like 2

I'm on NordVPN current Windows software version 6.41.11.0 which it tells me is the latest version. I can't say I've had any problems with them and I've been using Nord for 5 years now. Everything works fine including UK TV - BBC, ITV, and C4. 

• Like 1

I have used Browsec VPN , for a few years now , just click on the country,

the easiest to use of others I  have tried, they have an offer on at moment 

US$ 1.99 a month for 2 years. never have problem with BBC , ITV , US ,Oz ,NZ

regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie

• 3 weeks later...